Vegas to Dumont...

Cole

easy power adders for hp and torque with a duramax you are able to go from say 300hp to 500 hp just with a program (same for fords and dodgespretty much) gassers are not as easy to produce hp gains.

easy to control egt's in a diesel, mileage towing and not, ability to smoke them out with a great smoke tune :D

like stated above huge hp and huge torque (once you drive a diesel you wont go back to a gasser)

Capt

what programmer YOU runnin????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole, whatever you do, don't fill your fresh water in Tecopa. That water smells like sulfer (rotten eggs). It's very very bad unless you don't mind smellin' funky after a shower. Also although you can dump your black and grey water there the locals tend to get a little upset. I have a family member who is on the Inyo County board of supervisors and she just got back from a meeting in Death Valley. Basically their feelings were "F#%^ the duners! We wish they would fall off the face of the Earth" It would greatly help our situation to keep them from complaining to BLM about the trash and sewer that is dumped in their town and on the side of the highway if everyone not going thru Baker could either go through Shoshone and stop in Paruhmp spelling? or wait till you get back home to dump your sewer and trash.

what does commercial land cost there? is it an actual city, with a city hall?

COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM!!!

:rockon::bump::thumb::headbang1:

what does commercial land cost there? is it an actual city, with a city hall?

COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM!!!

:rockon::bump::thumb::headbang1:

Since they report the the Inyo county board, I'm going to to out on a limb and guess they are unincorporated. They have zero community services....no fire....no police....no city hall...not even a park that I have seen.

Just to put it into perspective for ya....this is a google shot of the main drag in Tecopa.

post-475-1191953588_thumb.jpg

post-457-1191954020_thumb.jpg

That corner looks like a prime location for a mini mart.....the thing to think about though is how much traffic would they get in the off-season? Granted, the mini mart would be servicing the community too (meth lab products, bongs, geritol, etc).

:thumb:

:bump:

The thing about it is that with the amount of money they would take in during the dune season would probably make for enough for most of the residents to live the rest of the year without even opening. It's definately not a business opportunity for someone who doesn't live there or very nearby. As far as community services there aren't really any, the only law enforcement is a single Inyo County Deputy Sheriff for the whole of Death Valley and the Tecopa/Shoshone area. The County has an office there for Health and Human Services aka Welfare and Mental Health but there isn't a full time staff. They only go there a couple of times a month.

The point is if a local person wanted to even start with a private dump station and private dumpsters they could easily make enough money to pay for the construction and to have the trash hauled to Pahrump and make a profit. That's just the way that I see it so who knows what the possibilities could be.

most likely your running a 3:70 to 1 gear ratio pushing 37" tires you will go faster up the hill and get better milage with 4:11to 1 gear ratio. your crippling your trucks pulling power by not re gearing.

i run 38 toyos on an 04 so mine makes less power than your new megecab and the difference was big when i dumped my 370s and put in mopar 411s

also your milage counter on the overhead is most likely incorrect big tires throw off your milage counter and your speedo by about 5mph or more.and your milage by roughly 3mpg to your favor

it costs roughly 1600 dollars on a 4x4 about 800 per pumpkin well worth it the 411s turn your trucks road ratio back to what it was with 370s and stock tires

I pulled that hill at around 45-50 this summer at around 98 degrees to say it nicely, IT SUCKED. No toys, no water, just all the stuff we had with us for a 9 day vacation. But our truck at the time only had like 2100 miles. I have 4.10's from the factory in our dually and I couldn't imagine if I had bigger tires! On our old 04.5 Cummins with 4.10's I ran 33's, it seemed to be a good combo. Dodge offers 4.10's and 3.73's from the factory for there third generation trucks. I would say that a jump to 4.10's would help alot, and get some guages if you don't already have them. If I wouldn't have had guages I could have walked up the hill somewhat faster(egt's), but most likely needed a tow to the stealership! good luck...

I pulled that hill at around 45-50 this summer at around 98 degrees to say it nicely, IT SUCKED. No toys, no water, just all the stuff we had with us for a 9 day vacation. But our truck at the time only had like 2100 miles. I have 4.10's from the factory in our dually and I couldn't imagine if I had bigger tires! On our old 04.5 Cummins with 4.10's I ran 33's, it seemed to be a good combo. Dodge offers 4.10's and 3.73's from the factory for there third generation trucks. I would say that a jump to 4.10's would help alot, and get some guages if you don't already have them. If I wouldn't have had guages I could have walked up the hill somewhat faster(egt's), but most likely needed a tow to the stealership! good luck...

edit those should have said 4:10 to 1 which is the mopar gear package which is what i upgraded to. mine is the 04 5.9 cummins 300 hp 600 ft pds tq. yours should be more being a megecab and it will benefite you greatly.

No mega here, I stuck with the Quad cab when we went to the dually. I wanted a long bed for the 5er. The old 600 I have was 325 horse, is yours different because it's a Nevada truck? Nice rail you've got there!

on edit: nevermind I see you are from Apple Valley :MBdance:

Edited by RRC

• 2 weeks later...

That corner looks like a prime location for a mini mart.....the thing to think about though is how much traffic would they get in the off-season? Granted, the mini mart would be servicing the community too (meth lab products, bongs, geritol, etc).

When we were duning as kids in the early to mid 1980's, there was a store right there. at the apex of the turn to the Hot Springs and the trailer park. Its the one that's all boarded up now. You would really have to be seasonal, operating from maybe Labor to Memorial day. Locking it up the rest of the year. Too dang hot.

It wouldnt work from an investment perspective. Unless you wanted to retire to Tecopa.

I don't think so, Tim.

You know if you guys/gals want to get huge power out of your deisels I'd look into a Banks System. They tend to be a little pricey, but from everything that I've read it produces the biggest gains with the fewest problems.... just my :laughing: though.

No mega here, I stuck with the Quad cab when we went to the dually. I wanted a long bed for the 5er. The old 600 I have was 325 horse, is yours different because it's a Nevada truck? Nice rail you've got there!

on edit: nevermind I see you are from Apple Valley :laughing:

mine is an 04 yours is newer so more hp more tourqe but im very happy with mine its stock all the way to the exhaust tip. it pulls real well with those gears :DDRrocks:

post-1340-1193191152_thumb.jpg

I pulled 3 hours home fron San Diego this past weekend with my new fithwheel, I was getting 8 to 9 mpg and was doing 900 to 1100 ETG'S at 27 lbs of boost. the best thing to get is gauges, you can keep a close eye on what your engine is doing. Remember it's not a race to the dunes, slower is sometimes better! Also I belive the bigger tires and the fact it's a mega cab has something to do with it. I know those trucks are heavy.

post-2594-1193786733_thumb.jpg

post-2594-1193786780_thumb.jpg

Coming back from the last trip, going through Pahrump cut 20 miles off of the 15/Baker route for us. I almost went through Tecopa, but we weren't so sure about it. Other than the meth heads, how is the road itself?

Tecopa will same you another 30 miles or more. Road is fine and has been for 30 years. Thats how long I have been going that direction.

Actually the road thru Pahrump is just a little less than 15 miles more than the Tecopa road. The road is MUCH better without any bone jarring hitch dragging holes. I have been going that way for 35 years and switched to the Pahrump way last year for the safety of my family and my equiptment. Also very easy to stop at Smiths when the wife forgets a certain breakfast component :D

over halloween weekend this was the first time i ever saw a CHP and the Sherrif that patrols the area on that road... i bout crapped my self when they came around that corner as i was braking from 80+ to make the curve..

most likely your running a 3:70 to 1 gear ratio pushing 37" tires you will go faster up the hill and get better milage with 4:11to 1 gear ratio. your crippling your trucks pulling power by not re gearing.

i run 38 toyos on an 04 so mine makes less power than your new megecab and the difference was big when i dumped my 370s and put in mopar 411s

also your milage counter on the overhead is most likely incorrect big tires throw off your milage counter and your speedo by about 5mph or more.and your milage by roughly 3mpg to your favor

it costs roughly 1600 dollars on a 4x4 about 800 per pumpkin well worth it the 411s turn your trucks road ratio back to what it was with 370s and stock tires

I HAVE THE TRUCK FOR YOU..

2000 FORD F350, SUPER DUTY XLT 7.3 liter 4X4, CC, SRW, POWER STROKE TURBO DIESEL Power Windows/locks, premium stereo AM/FM/Cassette player, Air-conditioning, Privacy glass, Dual airbags, tilt/cruise, 6” Pro Comp. Lift, Dual front Shocks, Dual Steering Dampener Shocks, Antilock brakes, 4: 56 DETROIT LOCKER, Four wheel disk brakes, 12X16.5 Aluminum Custom wheels w 35” BFG A/T with a matching spar tire,

Life time Automatic Transmission/overdrive w-synthetic Mobil -1, High volume trans cooler, Aftermarket trans filter, Trailer tow package, Helwig Air bags, Fifth wheel 16,000 lb Hitch, Draw tie Gooseneck Hidden Hitch, Prodigy brake controller, Trailer tow mirrors, Manual transfer case & front hubs, Aluminum front & rear steps, Bed liner, Billet grill, Pyro, Trans Temp, Turbo Boost Gauge set, K&N filter, 4” Down pipe, 5” Aluminized Exhaust, 161000 mil. Used only synthetic oil after brake in. New under rocker cover wire harness, New Glow Plugs, Weather Guard rear Toolbox, 94 gal Weather Guard Transfer Tank, Truck has been well kept. 562-755-8306

$16500.00