Canyon Country, CA

Derblank

Anyone from the board down in Canyon Country?? There is a fire down there that is burning out of control and taking homes with it. If there is anyone from the board involved, give me a call if I can help out with anything...

661-345-1801

Good Luck..

TB

There are wild fires buning all over Southern CA. :drinkbeer:

:praying: for all the people that are being evacuated, and those that have lost their homes and for the ones that have been injured and for the firemen that are battleing the fires.

Hopefully the wind will die down so they can get a handle on all of the fires.

I'm actually in Saugus, which is right next to Canyon Country. Basically the fire is from my side of town over to Canyon Country. I can see flames and such from my driveway. It has been pretty wild today with the wind and the fires. Between unloading my MH from the weekend and making sure family members are OK, it's been a busy day. My wife's Uncle, Aunt, and cousins were evacuated from their home today and still have not been allowed to return. I've been listening to my scanner all day and the fire and police are sure earning their money today. At 11:00 pm tonight I heard on the scanner that the day shift guys can go home, but have to be back at 6 am. They were held over from the day shift today into tonight. My family and me are OK, the fire is close, but not THAT close............yet. Hopefully it won't get any closer.

Thanks Derblank for the offer, that is mighty kind of you to do that.................... :drinkbeer:

I work for the power company and we have crew from all over trying to get the lights back on and poles replaced. Dont forget to keep the electric crews in your prayers too... they are on th efront line as well...

Happyhour.. the winds are still ripping up here in Acton.. good luck, and if you need anything, drop me a call.

0437: I was just updated by my crew. The fire is heading towards Seco Cyn in Saugus. The winds are still howling. Good luck, and my prayer go out to all involved....

Edited by Derblank

I am working the Harris Fire in Potrero. I watched it start from a small blaze and is now over 14000 acres when I went to bed last night. This is the area I patrol and I am sure it will be pretty barron there when I get out there in a couple hours. One man is dead because he wouldn't leave his home. 4 Firefighters were overcome in their engine and were severly burned.

The Fire in Ramona is very close to my best friends home (10 Blocks) I spoke with him and he was loading up and taking pictures of everything he couldn't take with him. Ramona was closed to incoming traffic so I couldn't go help him (that is a helpless feeling!!!)

It is going to get worse before it gets better here, I just hope we don't lose anymore people to this!

I will try to keep you guys posted!!

Tim

Edited by bp-guy

I was watching the fires on the news as well. They are everwhere, and this morning I guess another one broke out in Lake Arrowhead area. Bob and I have 1/2 acre here with plenty of room to store stuff and haulers, plenty of room in the house as well, if need be :drinkbeer: Just send me a PM or call me 760-898-2627. Backyard is fenced with room for doggies to run.

I remember Yucca/Pioneer Towns fire last year, that came tooo close for comfort for me and we had no place to take anything. So we have plenty of room. :think:

Update...........Now a part of the fire is burning around the backside of Saugus which is along the end of Seco Cyn. Today my In-laws house has been evacuated, unfortunately my wife's Uncle and Aunt who were evacuated from their house yesterday are now being evacuated from my in'laws. (talk about bad luck). As far as I go, I'm kind of surrounded by fire, but there is a lot of land between the fire and myself so we're good.

Thanks for the good thoughts and offers of help................... :drinkbeer:

yeah it sucks down here right now, I teach at College of the Canyons and classes have been cancelled for the past 2 days. if anyone wants more info they can refer to http://www.santa-clarita.com/ website as they are keeping everyone updated on the most "current" information. Have fams in San Diego as well and they have all been evacuated but everyone is safe...we live in Northridge and the winds have calmed down today but it's hot and the smoke is just sitting over the valley, not good times at all!!! hope everyone's fams and peeps and such are safe

Edited by figzchic

:laughing:

Happpyhour i am 5 minutes from you on the 5, if you need anything call me at home,818-367-9426, i have a few trucks and can get you somewhere safe..You can also park your trailer at my house if needed..

Thanks a bunch buddy! :flipoff: Today is good and we don't expect much fire around us anymore. I have been listening to my police scanner for the last two days. The fires are now in Castaic, and at the corner of The Old Road and Sierra Highway. Along with running around town looking for hot spots, the cops out here have also been dealing with looters around burned areas. Effin' Thugs :slap::lol: For those that are local, I was listening today and the Sheriffs got a guy on Sierra Highway just south of Enternal Valley Mortuary Park that was dressed in a bright orange jump suit, sun glasses, a hat, and had a police scanner on him. Sounds funky to me. They were calling for Arson Investigators to respond to his location. I don't know the outcome.

But anyway, the whole HappyHour family is good and thanks again for the offers of help............ :think::DDRrocks:

Just got a call from my daughter. She has got the OK from the PR peeps at the Palms to put together a relief effort. :DDRrocks: She rocks. :laughing::slap: So lets all do what we can.

Again I will say. I have an extra bedroom, room for a family pet, RV parting. It's not much, but I will help out the best I can.

DDR challenge.