Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got popped for 25.. .maybe i should take my sticker back and ask for a refund... its still in my car.. :P and go pick one up for 20 bucks in henderson

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

i found out the cash only no receipt is so they cant get in trouble that way there is no proof

That was interesting...I bought sumthing else with the stix and they had to ring it up seperately with a different receipt......(unless its just for CA tracking purposes)

Posted

I can't believe they treated folks like that. It's one thing to charge too much, but to have that attitude. :coocoo:

I recall telling someone else that I go to Butch's first because of the cavalier attitude I got from NV Off Road, and they didn't agree. This confirms it for me now.....I'll only go their to save my trip.

Posted

i found out the cash only no receipt is so they cant get in trouble that way there is no proof

The cover on the book of OHV stickers says 20.00

I assume they want cash as they make 1.00 (Or 5.00 in there case) per sticker sold. (5%) We are not worried about the buck so we take credit cards as well. It cost more than 5% if someone pays by AE.

The Dumont permits are the same way. We make 5%. Not having a contractor charging god knows what should save the BLM a ton of money.

On-line we charge 1.35 per OHV sticker and 8.00 shipping. We ship UPS so we have tracking and a delivery receipt. Most of those stickers go to out of state and they don't want to go hunting for them when they arrive.

Posted

JUST AFTER I TYPED THIS THE GUY THERE *69'S ME AND TELLS ME f**k YOU!!! BECAUSE I TOLD HIM THAT WAS f*cked UP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. AND GOES ON TO TELL ME HE WILL BE LOOKING OUT FOR ME AND I NEED TO WATCH MY BACK, LIKE HE KNOWS WHO I AM.I WILL NEVER GO THERE FOR ANYTHING AGAIN

Wow, I haven't ever done business with NV ORB, but won't now. Has anyone else had problems there besides this OHV sticker purchase issue?

Posted

Wow, I haven't ever done business with NV ORB, but won't now. Has anyone else had problems there besides this OHV sticker purchase issue?

I've never had any problems. I cheat tho. My wife goes there for me because she's off during the day while I'm working. She says they're very helpfull. I haven't been there since they got new help.

Posted

During the TRT Meeting yesterday we learned that Nevada off road and buggy will not be selling any more pass's or OHV stickers... the state of cali busted em for the 25 bucks a sticker crap..

  • 2 months later...
Posted

i gotta get two stickers does nevada offroad still sale stickers :lol: j/k

i still have not got a straight answer on this though :laughoff: ( if i have a green utah sticker on my rhino is it good for dumont ).

Posted

ok so when i bought my rhino the gave me a little silver and blue sticker that said nevada off hiway vehicle is that the same as having it registered in nevada :lol:

Posted

ok so when i bought my rhino the gave me a little silver and blue sticker that said nevada off hiway vehicle is that the same as having it registered in nevada :lol:

No. It only proves you paid taxes here. Utah and Ca won't honor it.

Posted

No. It only proves you paid taxes here. Utah and Ca won't honor it.

but will cali honor the utah sticker . i know utah did'nt have an issue with my non resident cali sticker.

i know this ? has been like a :lol: any help would be apprec.

Posted

ok so when i bought my rhino the gave me a little silver and blue sticker that said nevada off hiway vehicle is that the same as having it registered in nevada :lol:

Yes, it is kinda the same! That blue and silver sticker means you paid Sales Tax in Nevada.. :D

Posted (edited)

But, you still need to have the 2008 OVH Sticker to ride on Cal. lands! ~ just my :lol:

ok i guess the ? is my rhino has a utah non resident green ohv 2008 sticker if i go to dumont and get pulled over am i going to get a ticket for not having a cali one :laughoff:

Edited by warrior07
Posted

but will cali honor the utah sticker . i know utah did'nt have an issue with my non resident cali sticker.

i know this ? has been like a :lol: any help would be apprec.

If you go with what the BLM's website states under Rules and Regulations (which is the same that Pete posted here) the answer would be no if I'm reading this right:

If you are not a resident of California and your OHV is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle.
Posted

If you go with what the BLM's website states under Rules and Regulations (which is the same that Pete posted here) the answer would be no if I'm reading this right:

i read that but that's where i get confused :laughoff: my home state is nevada and i have a utah non-res sticker . or do they just want some kind of ohv permit to show we have put money into the blm :lol: i'm so confussseddd :laughoff:

Posted

i read that but that's where i get confused :laughoff: my home state is nevada and i have a utah non-res sticker . or do they just want some kind of ohv permit to show we have put money into the blm :lol: i'm so confussseddd :laughoff:

It says that it must be registered in your home state. If not then buy the non-resi one.

Posted

Let me see if this helps ya:

If you are not a resident of California

Yes you are not a resident of Cali.....

and your OHV is not registered in your home state

Yes your OHV is not registered in Nevada....

THEN

you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle.

That makes it fairly clear to me.

...and the sticker is only $20. Don't get ripped off like I did.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...