Cali OHV stickers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found out the cash only no receipt is so they cant get in trouble that way there is no proof

That was interesting...I bought sumthing else with the stix and they had to ring it up seperately with a different receipt......(unless its just for CA tracking purposes)

I can't believe they treated folks like that. It's one thing to charge too much, but to have that attitude. :coocoo:

I recall telling someone else that I go to Butch's first because of the cavalier attitude I got from NV Off Road, and they didn't agree. This confirms it for me now.....I'll only go their to save my trip.

i found out the cash only no receipt is so they cant get in trouble that way there is no proof

The cover on the book of OHV stickers says 20.00

I assume they want cash as they make 1.00 (Or 5.00 in there case) per sticker sold. (5%) We are not worried about the buck so we take credit cards as well. It cost more than 5% if someone pays by AE.

The Dumont permits are the same way. We make 5%. Not having a contractor charging god knows what should save the BLM a ton of money.

On-line we charge 1.35 per OHV sticker and 8.00 shipping. We ship UPS so we have tracking and a delivery receipt. Most of those stickers go to out of state and they don't want to go hunting for them when they arrive.

JUST AFTER I TYPED THIS THE GUY THERE *69'S ME AND TELLS ME f**k YOU!!! BECAUSE I TOLD HIM THAT WAS f*cked UP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. AND GOES ON TO TELL ME HE WILL BE LOOKING OUT FOR ME AND I NEED TO WATCH MY BACK, LIKE HE KNOWS WHO I AM.I WILL NEVER GO THERE FOR ANYTHING AGAIN

Wow, I haven't ever done business with NV ORB, but won't now. Has anyone else had problems there besides this OHV sticker purchase issue?

Wow, I haven't ever done business with NV ORB, but won't now. Has anyone else had problems there besides this OHV sticker purchase issue?

I've never had any problems. I cheat tho. My wife goes there for me because she's off during the day while I'm working. She says they're very helpfull. I haven't been there since they got new help.

• 2 months later...

ok so when i bought my rhino the gave me a little silver and blue sticker that said nevada off hiway vehicle is that the same as having it registered in nevada :lol:

No. It only proves you paid taxes here. Utah and Ca won't honor it.

No. It only proves you paid taxes here. Utah and Ca won't honor it.

but will cali honor the utah sticker . i know utah did'nt have an issue with my non resident cali sticker.

i know this ? has been like a :lol: any help would be apprec.

But, you still need to have the 2008 OVH Sticker to ride on Cal. lands! ~ just my :lol:

ok i guess the ? is my rhino has a utah non resident green ohv 2008 sticker if i go to dumont and get pulled over am i going to get a ticket for not having a cali one :laughoff:

Edited by warrior07

but will cali honor the utah sticker . i know utah did'nt have an issue with my non resident cali sticker.

i know this ? has been like a :lol: any help would be apprec.

If you go with what the BLM's website states under Rules and Regulations (which is the same that Pete posted here) the answer would be no if I'm reading this right:

If you are not a resident of California and your OHV is not registered in your home state, you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle.

If you go with what the BLM's website states under Rules and Regulations (which is the same that Pete posted here) the answer would be no if I'm reading this right:

i read that but that's where i get confused :laughoff: my home state is nevada and i have a utah non-res sticker . or do they just want some kind of ohv permit to show we have put money into the blm :lol: i'm so confussseddd :laughoff:

i read that but that's where i get confused :laughoff: my home state is nevada and i have a utah non-res sticker . or do they just want some kind of ohv permit to show we have put money into the blm :lol: i'm so confussseddd :laughoff:

It says that it must be registered in your home state. If not then buy the non-resi one.

Let me see if this helps ya:

If you are not a resident of California

Yes you are not a resident of Cali.....

and your OHV is not registered in your home state

Yes your OHV is not registered in Nevada....

THEN

you are required to have a California "Nonresident" OHV permit to legally operate your vehicle.

That makes it fairly clear to me.

...and the sticker is only $20. Don't get ripped off like I did.