A_holes

Guys trust me when I say we are lucky to have Dumont so close for us and our family to enjoy. However, there are many groups (greenpeace, WEO) who outnumber us and their ultimate goal is to shut down all dunes across the U.S. to OHVs.

You people who don't care to pack out your trash are just making their case easier to keep us out of dunes. Greenpeace and other eco-terrorists are just gathering observations and facts now, you wait, 1 morning when you wake up, read the headlines for yourself.

The next time your crew decides to tip a few back over at Comp. or a top of a large dune, think twice before you chuck the can into the sand. And that goes for broken whips, plastics, and other garbage. I don't want the dunes hijacked from us because of a couple lazy a_holes who can't pack it out.

I totally agree, sometimes I think the only thing that saves us is the wind. Somewere across the valley there is some guy with a butt load of trash stuck to his chain link fence. We really need to keep everything clean but everytime I see someone do something like that I try to make them understand the errors of thier ways...and everytime no matter the approach, I am met with hostile reactions. I chalk it up to total ignorance and it just bums me out.....I hope we can get it figured out soon.

I totally agree, sometimes I think the only thing that saves us is the wind. Somewere across the valley there is some guy with a butt load of trash stuck to his chain link fence. We really need to keep everything clean but everytime I see someone do something like that I try to make them understand the errors of thier ways...and everytime no matter the approach, I am met with hostile reactions. I chalk it up to total ignorance and it just bums me out.....I hope we can get it figured out soon.

Easy way to get dudes to pick up after themselves is have the best looking girl in the group and kindly ask them in their innocent girlie way. No hassle,fights etc. Works every time! :rockwoot:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

it never fails though someone will always leave crap behind hell even over the night drags weekend.. Myself and dnchevyman stopped and picked up a BAG of trash laying in the middle of the road on our way out!!!!

I dont mind burning pallets one bit as long as you come prepared to CLEAN UP after yourself...

IF i bring pallets with me i bring one of those industrial size magnets along as well... When the camp fire is SEMI cool in the morning just swing the magnet thru the ash/area where the pallets were burned and walla... you just picked up all your staples/nails...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=36905

I dont mind burning pallets one bit as long as you come prepared to CLEAN UP after yourself...

IF i bring pallets with me i bring one of those industrial size magnets along as well... When the camp fire is SEMI cool in the morning just swing the magnet thru the ash/area where the pallets were burned and walla... you just picked up all your staples/nails...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=36905

Good luck even getting them into the dunes. The rangers stop you if you have pallets or ANY wood with nails. Palets are a HUGE no no. Thay are not allowed. They WILL tcket you too. Bert and I almost got a ticket for a 2x4 with ONE nail in it. They are very anal about that stuff. I don't blame them though.

i understand this... the last time i burned pallets was in glamis... and like i said before i come prepared to cleanup after myself :)

yeah but they aren't allowed in the dunes at all. They don't allow you to burn them even if you plan on cleaning up the nails.

yeah but they aren't allowed in the dunes at all. They don't allow you to burn them even if you plan on cleaning up the nails.

Rules at Glamis are different than Dumont. At Glamis you can burn pallets but can't dump greywater. At Dumont you can dump greywater but can't burn pallets.

I know a guy that usually dumps his black water at the turn off to Tecopa. I said I know him, I don't camp with him or do I consider him a friend. I reason I know this is because when I got my toyhauler last year I was asking people where they dump and he had told me he dumps right off the side of the road (shoulder) because he did'nt want to pay or wait in the line at Tecopa dump. Talk about being irresponsible. :laughing:

I know a guy that usually dumps his black water at the turn off to Tecopa. I said I know him, I don't camp with him or do I consider him a friend. I reason I know this is because when I got my toyhauler last year I was asking people where they dump and he had told me he dumps right off the side of the road (shoulder) because he did'nt want to pay or wait in the line at Tecopa dump. Talk about being irresponsible. :laughing:

How does he rinse his black water tank? :flipoff:

i know of people dumping black- out the day they leave...in the sand at dumont. we cruised up to their camp early in the morning, and i saw a shovel and a huge hole dug under the trailer. needless to say, you could tell they dumped out that previous night. THATS WRONG...AND FD UP!! :laughing:

I know and preach PACK IT IN,,,PACK IT OUT... but,

I've always thought that if a trash can(s) could be sponsored just at Comp Hill, especially on the big weekends it would be a good thing. Maybe some here at DDR camp could put a couple plastic 30 gal cans at Comp, one for trash, one for alum. cans? The one with cans could be recycled and donated from DDR to FoDD maybe?

Edited by Sanduners

I know and preach PACK IT IN,,,PACK IT OUT... but,

I've always thought that if a trash can(s) could be sponsored just at Comp Hill, especially on the big weekends it would be a good thing. Maybe some here at DDR camp could put a couple plastic 30 gal cans at Comp, one for trash, one for alum. cans? The one with cans could be recycled and donated from DDR to FoDD maybe?

That sounds good, but think about it. Say we get about 5- 30 gal trash cans together. The first day of night at comp they'd be full of people's trash that would normally be hauled out by those people. I know if there were trash cans over there, people would use them instead of packing their trash out on there own. Then we'd be stuck with bags and bags of trash to have to figure out how to get home. I know I already have a hard enough time getting bags of trash just from camp in the back of my truck along with the bikes,BBQ grill, compressor, etc. If anything, we should just make it a normal thing to go over to comp on the last day of a dune trip and just pickup anything that might be left over.

I don't think the trash can just for aluminum cans thing would work either. All the trash would just get thrown in with the cans and vice-versa. :mc_smiley:

Good point dunefreak. I hadn't thought of it like that, but I'm sure you're right. People would end up filling those trash cans with stuff that they normally would have hauled back, not leaving enough room for the idiots who should be using them instead of dropping stuff on the ground.

We've brought those collapsible trash cans with us to the drags and/or Comp at Glamis before, along with some bags. I've always been amazed at how many people walk over to the trash cans and drop their stuff. Our little areas always look a little cleaner than the others when we leave.

So maybe that's an idea to adopt at Dumont. Individuals can take it upon themselves to bring those collapsible trash cans and bags (for hauling the stuff back to camp with) whenever they're going somewhere that a crowd usually gathers.

Who knows... it might even catch on!

Vicki