Stupid Trivia

indasand

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Let's make this interesting and dune related:

Which state in the US has the most dunes?

Most dune complex's or largest area of dunes.

Last night on Jeopordy the final question was which state has the biggest dune complex, Nebraska.

I would say that california has the most dune complex's.

Most dune complex's or largest area of dunes.

Last night on Jeopordy the final question was which state has the biggest dune complex, Nebraska.

I would say that california has the most dune complex's.

I was looking for Nebraska.

The Indiana dunes are approx. 15K acres but I'm not sure if that's the largest in US

I read somewhere that Nebraska has one dune complex that is approx 19,000 sq. miles! :stirthepot:

http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/projects/geoweb/pa...s/SandHills.HTM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What breed is considered to be the World's Smartest Dog?

Hmmmm....

The Boarder Collie and they make the best flyball and agility dogs too. My Malinous are good agility dogs (I have lots of first places with them) and pretty smart, but the Boarder is the smartest.

Early cans, that is,, the first cans of STP said Scientifically Tested Product on the can.

They sold for,, whopping at the time,,, $1.35.

Jeep came from GP or General Purpose military designation, but Pop Eye cartoons and the comic strip were popular at the time.

Written by Segar.

Olive Oils dog-like pet was name the Jeep.

He could turn invisible, ate flowers, and always told the truth.

Soo,, GP kinda morph'd into Jeep amongst all the GI's.

Gas cans used to be called Jerry cans. The old timers in your family may still call them that. Early American Fuel containers leaked and were crap.

The Germans (called Jerrys by the Brits, Krauts by the GI's) made a superior fuel container during WW2 that the US and the Tommys (British) would put into used upon capture.

The spouts are still to this day, called Donkey Dicks by Marines for obvious reasons.

JC Whitney may still call them Jerry cans in their catalog. Illegal to sell in most states BTW.

Cop nickname for Leos has a lot of tales.

In Britain, it ment Constable On Patrol,, or several other reasons, including the Copper badge.

Edited by yfzdad

The Boarder Collie and they make the best flyball and agility dogs too. My Malinous are good agility dogs (I have lots of first places with them) and pretty smart, but the Boarder is the smartest.

That's right!!! And one of my Border Collies is a Flyball Dog Champion (picture in my signature)! The other one has a bad hip, so he just thinks he's a champion! :duniemonkie: