People That Didn't Help Pick Up Trash

dunefreak

OK, so I have to say something. Despite the good turnout w/ the cleanup this last weekend, I must say this. Duniemonkie & I were picking up trash Saturday AM and I couldn't help but get pissed off at all the idiots riding the dunes, hill shotting, or people passing by looking at us like "WTF are they doing?" :woo_hoo:

Do these people have any clue? :headbang: I even ran into a friend that saw me picking up trash over by comp and she said...."what are you doing out here?" derrrrrr I said, "I am picking up trash!. It's THE CLEANUP WEEKEND!" :rockwoot: She said, oh really. Is that why we're here? :rockon: derrr

I wish everyone cared about the dunes as much as me and every other duner picking up trash throughout the dunes this weekend. :headbang:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That blows, sorry to hear that... I like to leave a camp spot cleaner than the way I found it.

Plant some money in with the trash for a better turn out ?

Free food, T-shirts, and other goodies while supplies lasted wasnt good enough... bah humbug to those schmucks that didnt help they dont know what they are doing adn shouldnt be duners..

I wouldnt even call myself a duner cuz i didnt even make it to help clean up dumont...

Plant some money in with the trash for a better turn out ?

Money shouldn't be the drive for people to help keep their favorite place to ride trash free and more important: open!

There was a good turn out despite the amount of people that didn't help though. It was just something that bothered me so I figured I'd get it off my chest and post it up. :rockwoot:

I'd wager that less than 2% of dune users ever look at the dune websites, and/or have any clue that their is a cleanup.

Most probably wouldn't help anyway.

At the Gordons Well cleanup (South Glamis dunes), lots of people that had no clue then, in fact helped us out.

I've been going to Dumont for years, and lots more trash is being left behind than ever before.

so Pete? How did the wagon work out?

I couldn't tow it far because the sides kept falling open, but it worked great for hauling firewood in camp and bags of trash to the dumpsters. :rockon: The kids had fun hauling each other around camp at night too. :headbang: It was kinda scarey looking though: Little crazy Charlie had it hooked up to his Banshee w/ a couple kids in it! :rockwoot: :headbang:

I couldn't tow it far because the sides kept falling open, but it worked great for hauling firewood in camp and bags of trash to the dumpsters. :rockon: The kids had fun hauling each other around camp at night too. :headbang: It was kinda scarey looking though: Little crazy Charlie had it hooked up to his Banshee w/ a couple kids in it! :rockwoot: :headbang:

Yeah that's my little bro-in-law for you. Only 10 years old and can ride just as good as most. You should have seen him jumping while we were out fixing my buggy. A couple of people on dirtbikes stopped and asked "how old are you?" and "damn you can ride that banshee good." Kinda funny. It gives him a big head. We made the kids go to all the trailers and bring the wood to the fire. Thanks Pete for letting them have some fun!

let me jump on the bandwagon with pete on this one. if i can get my family up at 4:30am drive out there and have my 4 yr old and 8 yr old with a broken arm picking up trash in the rainy and crappy weather. why in the hell cant these brainless orange county posers with the 100k sandrails and 250k coaches figure it out. i literally had one drive within 10ft of my 4 year old and look at us funny as we are picking up trash so why in the hell should i even have them out there pitching in? let me tell you why its because i love the dunes and so do they, sure they cant climb comp very much or ride the chili bowl but i want them to be able to someday. as if these morons dont have a clue ok maybe they dont know about these chat sites but hello they must have some sort of an education to afford those expensive a$$ toys so i know they can read. lets see big a$$ suspension unlimited rig, banners that read clean up oh and dont forget the dumpsters that are never out there whats it take to get it across. remember someday when the dunes are closed and you cant sell those expensive rails because there is no place to use em. :headbang: heres to you. as far as the rest of you :rockwoot:

I agree Pete, that was ridiculous! As for what rcjunky3 has to say, I have a 6 month old boy and he was out with my wife and I for several hours (8am-11:30am) picking up garbage! Not the easiest thing to do! I would not say that participation had anything to do with the cost of your toys or from your county of origin! I would say that my group pulled more than their fair share of the load. Like I said earlier, my small group of close friends (3 men 1 woman and a baby) collected 45 bags of trash! From "your" economic profiling statement, we would fit into that RV/Buggy lazy attitude category! So the next time you Bad Mouth somebody because they have made some wise financial moves in their lives or maybe they are just mortgaged to the hilt! You might not want to judge so quickly!

Edited by 3rotortrav

are you from orange county and have more money than you know what to do with and dont have the decency to at least drive a little further away from a small child trying to do their part in helping out. its not like it was night time and she was wearing black. i maybe a little offbase here but i hope you can understand my frustration.

I agree Pete, that was ridiculous! As for what rcjunky3 has to say, I have a 6 month old boy and he was out with my wife and I for several hours (8am-11:30am) picking up garbage! Not the easiest thing to do! I would not say that participation had anything to do with the cost of your toys or from your county of origin! I would say that my group pulled more than their fair share of the load. Like I said earlier, my small group of close friends (3 men 1 woman and a baby) collected 45 bags of trash! From "your" economic profiling statement, we would fit into that RV/Buggy lazy attitude category! So the next time you Bad Mouth somebody because they have made some wise financial moves in their lives or maybe they are just mortgaged to the hilt! You might not want to judge so quickly!

Trav I don't really think rcjunky3 was referring to you, just some other people that have some long travel rails that went blasting past his kid. He wasn't really bad mouthing anyone as I read it. :rockwoot:

are you from orange county and have more money than you know what to do with and dont have the decency to at least drive a little further away from a small child trying to do their part in helping out. its not like it was night time and she was wearing black. i maybe a little offbase here but i hope you can understand my frustration.

I understand that you would not know where I am from, or how much money I have by watching me drive by! And I do understand that a-holes riding $100 vintage ATC's also ride way to close to me and my friends and family! But I am not going to profile anybody at the dunes by what they are wearing, riding, or driving! And I would appreciate it if you would not either! There is no reason to bring hostility to the dunes for what people look like! If a person did you wrong, let them know, and for that matter let everybody know! But don't use such specific items as you did, because people might look at me and 100's of others on this site and at the dunes in a tainted light!

P.S. Have you seen the hardest working guy (YNOT) at this events RV and Buggy?

I seem to think he might of had alot to do with the organizing of this whole event!

And DAMN does he not have some nice toys!

Sorry for referrencing you Terry, just trying to make a point!

Trav.. Its a stereotype untwist your panties... 80% of the reason why glamis is the way it is people w/ more money than brains... and the majority of them happen to come from SoCal hense the stereotype.. NOT everyone falls into this category.. but look at the troublemakers out there... Daddy has too much money and doesnt give a flying leap what his kids doo... Or daddy just refied his house buys a 600hp buggy and look at me im da shizzle and dont give a fizzle... It sucks when good people happen to fall into this stereotype just because of thier location or thier toys.

Trav I don't really think rcjunky3 was referring to you, just some other people that have some long travel rails that went blasting past his kid. He wasn't really bad mouthing anyone as I read it. :shocked2:

I didn't say he was! Just stereotyping! I guess it won't bother you guys until The Bullsh*t is about guys with way too long toy haulers, Chevy trucks and Short sand cars! You guys just don't get it! We allready are busy explaining and defending ourself for having these toys without the added non necessary above references!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trav.. Its a stereotype untwist your panties... 80% of the reason why glamis is the way it is people w/ more money than brains... and the majority of them happen to come from SoCal hense the stereotype.. NOT everyone falls into this category.. but look at the troublemakers out there... Daddy has too much money and doesnt give a flying leap what his kids doo... Or daddy just refied his house buys a 600hp buggy and look at me im da shizzle and dont give a fizzle... It sucks when good people happen to fall into this stereotype just because of thier location or thier toys.

You know what pisses me off.....guys with Yamaha Dirtbikes that don't even show up to the clean-up! But still have the nerve to chime in! Those guys must be absolute non-caring jerk offs, ride and enjoy the dunes and let everyone else pick up after them! Those damn good for nothing Clark County Yamaha dirtbike riders! The other day I was drinking my morning coffee and this damn Yamaha roosted me and my motorhome! Then this other time I was driving my sandcar and this damn Yamaha cut me off and roosted me! Then I saw this Yamaha.......I hate guys that ride Blue Yamahas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say he was! Just stereotyping! I guess it won't bother you guys until The Bullsh*t is about guys with way too long toy haulers, Chevy trucks and Short sand cars! You guys just don't get it! We allready are busy explaining and defending ourself for having these toys without the added non necessary above references!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing::shocked: geez...I didn't mean to piss you off. I can't seem to get my point across in writing, so I'll stay outta this one. Sorry I started this thread. :shocked2:

Trav I don't really think rcjunky3 was referring to you, just some other people that have some long travel rails that went blasting past his kid. He wasn't really bad mouthing anyone as I read it. :shocked2:

Hey Pete,

"the 100k sandrails and 250k coaches" what does this have to do with the price of tea in china?!