info on quad accident?

dunefreak

Was anyone else out there today? If so did you hear what exactly happened to Scataloni's brother's friend?

Evidentally he crashed and suffered some major head trauma (fractured his skull) and lost a lot of blood.

Just thought I'd throw this up on here to see if anyone was out there when it happened.

Here is where I read about it on GD.

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....124238&st=0

Thoughts and prayers are with him and hopes that he is ok. :(

update:

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....t&p=2558593

ouch! :beer_bang: Evidently he hit the trailer with his head while loading the quad splitting the top of his skull open. Yikes. :ban-split::dope:

The serious dangers involved with loading quads is something I think people always forget about. One time at Coral Pink we witnessed a lady get seriously hurt while attempting to load a quad on a side load trailer. When she drove up the load gate the front tire drove up the side of the trailer and the quad flipped right back landing on her and split her head right open. I always think about that every time I load up to go home. Usually you are tired and in a hurry to get loaded up. You don't even think to put a helmet on until it is too late. Just a warning to everyone, be careful. Things can happen when you least expect it.

update:

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....t&p=2558593

ouch! :beer_bang: Evidently he hit the trailer with his head while loading the quad splitting the top of his skull open. Yikes. :ban-split::dope:

The serious dangers involved with loading quads is something I think people always forget about. One time at Coral Pink we witnessed a lady get seriously hurt while attempting to load a quad on a side load trailer. When she drove up the load gate the front tire drove up the side of the trailer and the quad flipped right back landing on her and split her head right open. I always think about that every time I load up to go home. Usually you are tired and in a hurry to get loaded up. You don't even think to put a helmet on until it is too late. Just a warning to everyone, be careful. Things can happen when you least expect it.

yup, i was there too. i too think about her every time i ride a quad onto a trailer or into a pick-up......thats the day i started to ALWAYS! wear a helmet when i load a quad!

Wow....that's a lot of stitches/staples. Someone was very busy. The outcome sounds like it's going to be a good one! :dope:

As far as loading and unloading, I even put on my harness when I load the rail. I've read too many horror stories to NOT buckle up. Sounds anal, but a throttle sticking could get ugly.

yup, i was there too. i too think about her every time i ride a quad onto a trailer or into a pick-up......thats the day i started to ALWAYS! wear a helmet when i load a quad!

You were there too? Thats crazy.

I remember they had to land the helicopter on the highway to life-flight here out. All for an accident that happened in camp! :lol:

Good news, Mike is home and resting. Not so comfortably but resting.. Thank you all for you thoughts. He will be recovering for a while, but knowing him he'll be back to ride another day :)

I heard that the ride home was not the most comfortable though.. Continued hopes for his quick recovery..