Duramax programmers

dunefreak

• 1 year later...

the 6.0 is just fine. it pulls all my sh*t no problem.

It is great on gas and i am sure i will have it for awhile.

just have to do some upgrades to put it where it needs to be..

A Diesel thats great on gas??? :beercheers: :eatdrink021:

A Diesel thats great on gas??? :beercheers::drinkbeer:

Yeah haven't you heard that diesels generally get better mileage than gassers?

Damn Chase, you had to dig pretty far to bump this old thread back up. I had to go back to the beginning to see who started it, and then I found out it was me! :eatdrink021: I've since gone with the Hypertech due to the great price of ....almost nothing. :beercheers:

I have the HyperTech also, since the dealership seemed to feel that I would not have any issue with my Warranty by going with the HyperTech over other programmers. I also do not need to change my setting to make spending several more hundreds of dollars to have the display and change it on the fly.

I have the predator, and I am happy with it, but several of my friends with d-maxes have the hypertech, and can have it set on the highest setting, and still tow to the max without jeopordizing their egt's. while my predator, otoh, can only go level 1 and still tow full load, level 2 (65 hp) only 4 thou lb towing, and levels 3(85) and 4(120) no towing recommended.

also, when I have had the predator on level 3, i will get codes on my tranny, and go into limp mode, where, my tranny wont go into od :eatdrink021:

Now, I just roll on the 65 for daily driving, and go stock when towing

I have seen the Banks thing, with the PDA, and yes it rocks, without needing to put an egt gauge in-cab, and change programs on the fly....i like it

but as said before by someone......I forget who :beercheers: stock...the dmax does just fine.......(although i really do enjoy roasting my rear tires from time to time....at the cost of 500 bucks......... :beercheers: )

Hey Pete I have the Bully Dog power pup on my 06 chevy 3500 and im very happy with it! You can clear trouble codes and remove the whole program when you need service! i also put a 5" MBRP cat back exhaust and an AFE cold air intake!! I love my truck,almost as much as my vette!!!

i put the edge in my cummins and it is a joke the only real difference in power is stage 4 and 5 and you cant tow on those settings 123 are nothing no difference thats noticable. no fuel savings nothing

that hypertech is supposed to be the sh*t as far as a programmer that wont risk your warrenty and improve milage my dad has it and got better power and milage.

If you have hypertech why upgrade?

I'm not looking to upgrade. I'm happy with my Hypertech. 1bad4fiddy bumped this old azz thread back up and now everyone thinks I still am asking for advice. :thumb::clap: Read the whole thread people! :drinkbeer::drinkbeer:

I'm not looking to upgrade. I'm happy with my Hypertech. 1bad4fiddy bumped this old azz thread back up and now everyone thinks I still am asking for advice. :banghead::banghead: Read the whole thread people! :bawl::banghead:

haha i was bored :no_no: but all i know is no matter which programmer you have it wont make it run like a CUMMINS :angry2:

Yeah haven't you heard that diesels generally get better mileage than gassers?

Damn Chase, you had to dig pretty far to bump this old thread back up. I had to go back to the beginning to see who started it, and then I found out it was me! :banghead: I've since gone with the Hypertech due to the great price of ....almost nothing. :banghead:

:banghead: :angry2: :no_no: by the time you get that far down the thread it all starts sounding the same i guess lol :bawl: <me

It is rather funny to find the oldest post you can, make a dumb comment and then watch people freak out on you for doing it. I did that on another website and watched all the comments and PM's come in. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

Dunefreak and all u dmax owners.

the best Programer is the efi live (hands down). i have both edge and efi live. 1 thing to watch for is the hp and tq overload on your tranny. to much and u will limp it. after you limp its wi9ll eventually wear it out. If you have the edge you need to upgrade the tranny atleast a trans jr kit and eventually to a suncoast or whatever brand you like. the stock tranny can handle about 80 hp max on average over stock. With efi live they have a dsp5 switch which works like the edge u just turn the switch for the tunes you loaded. efi also is able to adjust the speedo for tires, larger gas tanks 1 million other things and it runs about the same as the edge.

Capt