Duramax programmers

dunefreak

Does anyone have anything to say about the different brands of programmers for the LLY Duramax. Do you think some are better or worse. I am gonna program mine soon, probably w/ the Banks 6 gun, but want to hear what everyone thinks about Banks, Edge, or any other brands first. I am also going w/ the Banks exhaust too. :thumb:

I'm thinking of getting the Edge set up on mine. I already have a Gibson 4" (cat-back) exhaust so I just need to add a little get-up-and-go to the engine. Check out www.thedieselplace.com for more information on D-Max stuff.

Edited by Big_Gunz_

Let me save you guys alot of time and trouble!!!!! GO BANKS 6 GUN W/SPEED LOADER.

Ive got a 05 chevy 1 ton with Banks system and it flat hauls a$$!!! And i have improved my fuel milage 2mpg.

Empty I can sit and roast the rear duals. The Banks Has 100+ More horses and torque than the edge system.

I pull 15,000 Pound 90 on straight stretches and 80 up the hills going to Utah; 65 up the pass going to pahrump.

ive heard thru the grapevine that the banks system is a over priced under-powered piece of crap... you just pay for the name and that there are alot of other products that will net you the same results for half the cash..

i have an 05 lly.. i put the banks cat back exhaust and the hypertech tuner.... and wow for the money i have no complaints.... its half the price and you can do it youself... i drive to dumont from l.a. and i average 16 miles a gallon pulling a 28ft toyhauler fully loaded... that is with the truck on 33in tires

I have the Bundle Package ( six gun tuner,speed loader, cat back exhaust system).

Banks is the only thing I have ever done to any of my trucks that really did what it says it will do. Trust me you WILL NOT be disappointed. If you want to check mine out first ill have matt drive it in so you can test it out.

i thought the 7.3 was still offered in 03?? or was it 02?? damn cant remember now... either way its crap...

I like the ford diesels but the one i have is becoming a pain un the a$$. I preety much rushed into buying it and didnt look it over before hand like i should have.

It just minor sh*t but still is a pain in the a$$. :happydrunks:

Whatever

I like the ford diesels but the one i have is becoming a pain un the a$$. I preety much rushed into buying it and didnt look it over before hand like i should have.

It just minor sh*t but still is a pain in the a$$. :shocked2:

Whatever

Nothing is minor when it comes to the 6.0L!!!!!!!

Don't listen to the haters, FORD is a great truck but the 6.0 just sucks big monkey nuts. Have you bought an air filter yet $100 freakin dollars!!!!!!!

I personally would go Duramax or tried/true cummings

• 2 weeks later...

the 6.0 is just fine. it pulls all my sh*t no problem.

It is great on gas and i am sure i will have it for awhile.

just have to do some upgrades to put it where it needs to be..

I have your back on this SteveO, my 05 6.0 pulls my 7500lb 5thwheel fine, with 16500 miles and no problems. All I did was intake and free flow muffler for better milage and lower EGT's. I went from a 01 2500 silverado 8.1 L Vortec that must have been built on a friday @ just about closing time :grin: to the 6.0 PSD :finger: and will never go back to the Blowtie.... :D

I have your back on this SteveO, my 05 6.0 pulls my 7500lb 5thwheel fine, with 16500 miles and no problems. All I did was intake and free flow muffler for better milage and lower EGT's. I went from a 01 2500 silverado 8.1 L Vortec that must have been built on a friday @ just about closing time :grin: to the 6.0 PSD :grin: and will never go back to the Blowtie.... :D

Shoulda tried the DMax. I love mine. I'm not trying to start a Ford vs Chevy war cause I think Steveo's truck runs good too. I don't see a problem w/ that 6.0. Just never been a Ford guy. :finger:

Shoulda tried the DMax. I love mine. I'm not trying to start a Ford vs Chevy war cause I think Steveo's truck runs good too. I don't see a problem w/ that 6.0. Just never been a Ford guy. :grin:

Me either, thought I would never step foot in a Ford but loved it from the day I test drove it. Plus I think Fords styling is better looking and the crew cab (huge) sold me along with the power.. One thing I did like about the chebby was the Allison, Fords version is close but that tranny was awseome...

Actually if you measure it the chevy is bigger in the rear.. :D I took a guy for a drive in a LB CC Duramax and the first thing this guy did was break out his tape measure... he was like its between YOU(gmc salemsan) or the Ford Dealership down the road... tapemeasure said GMC was bigger and walla i sold me a 40k truck.. :D and made squat on it cuz my finance office ripped my a$$ off... thats a whole other thread...