Federal Sandrail - UZI EVO II Updated Pics

FEDERAL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

photoshop pics are no good... gotta post the build pics lol

do have to admit its lookin good

here's a couple without the "photoshop"...

post-423-1199890283_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890297_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890314_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890343_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890359_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890377_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890391_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890408_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890432_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890466_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890486_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890519_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890538_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890579_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890610_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890634_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890664_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890693_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890707_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890723_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890740_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199890761_thumb.jpg

The car still looks like a stink bug that's been stepped on.

lol, I love this comment, without the wing on the old model, I could kinda see why you said that, but with the new design, I see no similarities to a "squashed stink bug", but no big deal, I know how old people get stuck in their ways and have weird perceptions of what looks good today compared what looked good when they use to pay a nickel to watch a movie, I can't make everyone happy, so I just work on the ones that count....

Edited by Yoshi

:laughing: BADASS!!!!! :stirthepot:

The only thing missing is a shield to keep the passenger feet off of the pedals!!

post-475-1199891562_thumb.jpg

Is this model going to be offered with another powerplant other than the hayabusa?

Interior is not done, there will be a divider plate, as well as a passenger foot rest.

I set the chassis up to accept an ecotec with a cvt drive. I will prob.. get around to it before too long, but not right this moment. I've been researching to find the strongest belt on the market, and lucky for me there are manufactures making them for bigger vehicles and auto's now instead of just quads and bikes, much tougher with extremely strong material including metal shims and Kevlar and/or carbon fiber type reinforcement...

I widened up the subframe tubes to 26" because the ecotec is 25" with headers. The chassis is wide enough, the cvt is small and light enough, I just have to build a chassis without tabbing the busa mounts, and line up an ecotec instead. What till you see how i'm gonna do the shifting, it will be a manual cvt wit hthe smoothness of a cvt, not clutch, and not slamming into gears, just smooth transitions from the lowest to the highest, it's gonna be pretty cool, something that hasn't been done before but very simply and has fewer moving parts than a typical cvt...

Damn nice work, Yoshi. That is some good sheet metal work. :stirthepot:

thank ya much, my aluminum guy is really good at what he does. I told him what I wanted, and made rough mock ups outta poster board, and put what was in on head onto the rail...

Will the panels be painted or powdercoated? Are you looking to have a flat/ matte finish in the end kinda like the photoshop pics? That would be sweet.

Powdercoat......The color I pitched for this rail is satin black panels, gloss black frame/suspension, and polished rims to accent the chrome shocks that will have black coils, but I believe federal prefers all the above with gloss black rims and polished rings like the first pic he posted, so that's what it will be unless he changes his mind...lol

Edited by Yoshi

Powdercoat......The color I pitched for this rail is satin black panels, gloss black frame/suspension, and polished rims to accent the chrome shocks that will have black coils, but I believe federal prefers all the above with gloss black rims and polished rings like the first pic he posted, so that's what it will be unless he changes his mind...lol

I'm sure a paying customer could change his mind also! :stirthepot:

I'm sure a paying customer could change his mind also! :freakin_nuts:

lol,..not on this one, it's his demo, he sold the other demo before he had this one, so now he has nothing to show or take people out for test drives in. He will keep this for the demo, and any orders made to him buy customers can get whatever color they want for their car, but this one is black on black, lol....

I'm dead set on the satin black body, gloss or satin black wheels, polished ring, chrome shocks combo.

It's gonna look sick. Now if I could only have those doors I want Yoshi. But those will have to wait till until the next demo is done.

Since we're on the subject of the Ecotec, we can also install factory supercharged and factory turboed Ecotecs. Imagine the power of an Ecotec that never drops boost because it's always revving above the low rpm's where lag is prominent, in a car that weighs approx 1200 lbs.

Our next demo, will most likely have a turboed Ecotec so that our customers have the opportunity to ride in the same car with two completely different powertrains. Either way, they'll both be alot of fun! :freakin_nuts:

i sure as hell like that angular fighterjet look ....;):D

looks great Yoshi ! :freakin_nuts:

you got me scared for a second when i did see all them rivets (hint hint :flipoff: ) .... but then i realized its just a clever way to mount the panels without dzus fasteners :flipoff: (i hate them rattling SOB`s)

btw are you using regular pop rivets?

i sure as hell like that angular fighterjet look ....;):D

looks great Yoshi ! :freakin_nuts:

you got me scared for a second when i did see all them rivets (hint hint :flipoff: ) .... but then i realized its just a clever way to mount the panels without dzus fasteners :flipoff: (i hate them rattling SOB`s)

btw are you using regular pop rivets?

Thank ya much, were using the self sealing aluminum rivets.. The rivets are never removed, they attach to some angle we make on the backside, the angle has 5/8" holes in it with rubber grommets that attach to some 3/4" long, threaded inserts I had custom made that are welded to the chassis. I also spaced all the panels 1/16" away from the tub around the edges, I will use a thin weatherstrip type material around all the edges of the panels to eliminate any vibration. The rivets pretty much disappear when powdercoated with the rail, other fasteners draw your attention to them, as well as dimple the panel around them making them even more noticeable. The rivets are not gonna be really noticeable until you get close and then they just add to the detail. They are also cosmetic, a lot of them are dead rivets, not attaching to anything, there are 100 in the hood alone, around 400+ for the whole rail....

post-423-1199899129_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199899153_thumb.jpg

Also, the headers just showed up. I'm waiting on the powersteering, and custom alternator kit to show up so I can finish up the subframe....

post-423-1199899328_thumb.jpg

post-423-1199899343_thumb.jpg

I'm dead set on the satin black body, gloss or satin black wheels, polished ring, chrome shocks combo.

It's gonna look sick. Now if I could only have those doors I want Yoshi. But those will have to wait till until the next demo is done.

Since we're on the subject of the Ecotec, we can also install factory supercharged and factory turboed Ecotecs. Imagine the power of an Ecotec that never drops boost because it's always revving above the low rpm's where lag is prominent, in a car that weighs approx 1200 lbs.

Our next demo, will most likely have a turboed Ecotec so that our customers have the opportunity to ride in the same car with two completely different powertrains. Either way, they'll both be alot of fun! :flipoff:

Brian

your never wrong with black or gunmetal :freakin_nuts:

i build one car all dark gunmetal to be used as a movie camera car...

normal_BIBAMUFU02.jpg

i just loved that bad a$$ stealth look :flipoff:

cant wait to see your car complete ;)