what are we paying for

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the road is probally in better shape then most roads in hendertucky :beerpint:

Never been there, however the roads near my house in Henderson are fairly new. :D

The entrance road into Dumont as of last weekend is in excellent condition in my opinion.

Here we go again. :north_pole: :laughing:

Didn't you just get on someone in the other post about not reading the entire post? Did you read everything in this thread yet?

Every single time this year I have gone to Dumont the road HAS been grated. The BLM has done an excellent job of keeping the road smooth.

The fees have been discussed numerous times and how the fee money is spent. This includes a complete break down of where the money goes to and how much everything costs. As a duner you won't SEE any changes or things improved. Lets remember something here. These new fees are not to improve anything. They are to make up for lost funding that was lost to pay for the things that we already have.

It costs alot more money than you think to pump and maintain the pit toilets (including removing grafitti), staffing and transportation of EMT's and BLM employees on weekends that they are there, maintenance to the area such as installing new closure stakes that are ripped out of the ground by duners who continue to remove them, etc etc.

It doesn't make a difference what everyone thinks of the road. Some don't care, some are gonna b*tch about it. Either way it doesn't change the fact that that road will never be paved. To quote the BLM maintence (I think his name is Mike Trost) "It is a DIRT road, plain and simple. There are no plans to PAVE it."

Even if you don't have an expensive rail, truck or hauler I would think you would still pay the fee no matter what because Dumont is such a great place.

im not complaining at all. and i DID in fact read the whole post, as i have read many other posts on the whole 'fee's delema.' i agree with everything you had just said also. i simpily put in my .02 (which is what forums are for, right?) on the idea that us duners should be able to see our fee's at work. then i went on to say 'you need to think outside of the box on some issues, such as the toilets' meaning: dont take that stuff for granted. i realize that is a HUGE expense that is often overlooked. i also agree that the road has been in decent enough condition everytime i have gone to dumont this season. so, im not b*tching about anything, merely agreeing with some members idea that with purchasing the pass at dumont, certain things are expected to come from it other than a wave and a 'happy dune trip, be safe' from the rangers. and i suppose when i think into it a little more i realize that alot of those things i take for granted. long story short, im not b*tching, im simpily agreeing. :]

im not complaining at all. and i DID in fact read the whole post, as i have read many other posts on the whole 'fee's delema.' i agree with everything you had just said also. i simpily put in my .02 (which is what forums are for, right?) on the idea that us duners should be able to see our fee's at work. then i went on to say 'you need to think outside of the box on some issues, such as the toilets' meaning: dont take that stuff for granted. i realize that is a HUGE expense that is often overlooked. i also agree that the road has been in decent enough condition everytime i have gone to dumont this season. so, im not b*tching about anything, merely agreeing with some members idea that with purchasing the pass at dumont, certain things are expected to come from it other than a wave and a 'happy dune trip, be safe' from the rangers. and i suppose when i think into it a little more i realize that alot of those things i take for granted. long story short, im not b*tching, im simpily agreeing. :]

Sorry it sounded like you were bitching about it. My bad then. I appologize.

And yes forums are for your .02. But lately with all the talk about how "our fees aren't being used right, we need more toilets, a better road...' :DDRrocks::whoop: , I respond with my .02 as well. I just state the facts that I have found from first hand experiences with TRT members and the BLM. :north_pole:

I understand the points you made for a person that thinks outside the box. Thats kinda the whole problem though. People don't understand what goes on "inside the box". Until they have a complete understanding how things work like how the fee money is spent, how much the expenses are for the BLM, etc etc, they really don't have much of a reason to b*tch about it. Everyone needs to look into it more and understand these things better. Those TRT meetings are PERFECT for that. They explain EVERYTHING and there isn't any conspiracy about the fees. :laughing:

Sorry it sounded like you were bitching about it. My bad then. I appologize.

And yes forums are for your .02. But lately with all the talk about how "our fees aren't being used right, we need more toilets, a better road...' :whoop::lol: , I respond with my .02 as well. I just state the facts that I have found from first hand experiences with TRT members and the BLM. :DDRrocks:

I understand the points you made for a person that thinks outside the box. Thats kinda the whole problem though. People don't understand what goes on "inside the box". Until they have a complete understanding how things work like how the fee money is spent, how much the expenses are for the BLM, etc etc, they really don't have much of a reason to b*tch about it. Everyone needs to look into it more and understand these things better. Those TRT meetings are PERFECT for that. They explain EVERYTHING and there isn't any conspiracy about the fees. :laughing:

its all good. im come to realize that no matter what happens anywhere, people will complain. there is nothing in the world one can do with out offending somebody else. its part of american life. so, i try not to partain in that.

and like i said, you kinda have to think about things more in depth and realize that dumont is 100+ miles from the nearest major city (tecopa/baker are not major imo) from where all the services must come. that is probably the main reason that things are so expensive to do out there. ie: toilet service.

:north_pole: