What if

Craniacs

What if...purely what if... we banded together hundreds even thousands of us and took back Kelso for one day...what you think they would do? Arrest everyone? arrest release & fine? just like environmentalist do? totally peacefull...but raising awareness. they'd probably start shooting! but what if...

What if...purely what if... we banded together hundreds even thousands of us and took back Kelso for one day...what you think they would do? Arrest everyone? arrest release & fine? just like environmentalist do? totally peacefull...but raising awareness. they'd probably start shooting! but what if...

We can all dream. They look like they would be fun as hell.

I had this conversation with the NPS once before. I wanted to lead a trip that entered a National Park by 25' for the distance of about 250' on an exsisting trail instead of making a new one just outside of it. They had just moved the line in the sand. The guy in charge said if I allow you to do that I'll have 100 greenies (my word not his) yelling in my office. I said what if I bring 200 off-roaders and we start yelling in your office? He laughed and said that will never happen....the minute I see 12 of you it's a illegal gathering and I start calling the LEO's to throw your :banghead: in jail.

Next Story

I think this LEO at the Preserve is long gone now. Years ago we were :laughing: and burning ammo in rapid mode at private inholding within the Preserve. I'm thinking this guy's OK then he says I gotta go...I gotta get up in the morning. I gotta go see those a...hole towtruck drivers in Baker. Yea I said I can't believe what they charge to tow somebody out of Soda Lake which was really wet at the time. He says no it's not that, I'm not letting the tow trucks on the Preserve unless they call me so I can go cite the drivers of 4X4s that get stuck.

Let's see big :thumb: tow bill and cited too? I said what about the Mojave Road isn't it a open route? He said what Mojave Road? I started to explain and he said you ain't listening...let them tell it to the judge.

I got both messages....

Nah I don't think they would start shooting at Kelso.......unless it was in rapid mode. BTW that LEO shot like he was born with an automatic in his hands or maybe us taxpayers were buying his pactice ammo which he had done...a lot.

Eli

And THIS is a reminder on why we need to go above and beyond to take care of DUMONT!

post-2396-1201183291_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1201183303_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1201183415_thumb.jpg

And what if there was a big metorite that flew through the atmosphere and wiped out all the ecoterrorists and left behind in its wake 45 new duning areas thought out the western half of the US???

aceisback was tellin me the other day that the three largest dune complexes in the US are CLOSED ot off highway vehicle use

kelso dunes

humboldt dunes in n. calif

and some dune complex in Colorado

all CLOSED

As Vegas Style points out I ain't nothing if I'm not verbose.

All I and a couple hunderd others wanted was to be able to follow a strip 50' wide by 167 miles through the deserts of Nevada and California. The Tonopah & Tidewater Railroad. I've been doing that for over 20 years. I put the Nevada Shortline on the internet over 8 years ago. I've been through countless BLM managers in three different offices including Barstow and dealt with the NPS at the Preserve and DV many times. I've orginized historical meetings, done several presentations and lead many trips. AND they still have closed the T&T bit by bit.

I'm told I ain't welcome here despite I discovered I like duning as much as exploring. I'm told I don't fit in. If you don't learn anything from my mistakes you might as well add Dumont to the list above. You won't stop closures by doing nothing but getting drunk around the campfire not that I wouldn't be doing that too if I could. As for far a anything else you've heard get both sides of the story.

Eli

As Vegas Style points out I ain't nothing if I'm not verbose.

All I and a couple hunderd others wanted was to be able to follow a strip 50' wide by 167 miles through the deserts of Nevada and California. The Tonopah & Tidewater Railroad. I've been doing that for over 20 years. I put the Nevada Shortline on the internet over 8 years ago. I've been through countless BLM managers in three different offices including Barstow and dealt with the NPS at the Preserve and DV many times. I've orginized historical meetings, done several presentations and lead many trips. AND they still have closed the T&T bit by bit.

I'm told I ain't welcome here despite I discovered I like duning as much as exploring. I'm told I don't fit in. If you don't learn anything from my mistakes you might as well add Dumont to the list above. You won't stop closures by doing nothing but getting drunk around the campfire not that I wouldn't be doing that too if I could. As for far a anything else you've heard get both sides of the story.

Eli

Don't take things to seriously Eli.... with 3000 members theres always going to be a few rotten apples and those few are probly just messin with ya...

:laughing:

damn Eli

trust me about the closures...i know what the hell is up...i am a member of friends of the oceano dunes...we have to constantly fight to keep that place open...a daily fuggin struggle

i know what is ahead for dumont. there are enough people here on this site that are level headed enough to make the right decisions when the time comes

plus we have the members of the TRT committee and members of friends of Dumont Dunes to advise us on situations that crop up, so that we can form an action plan.

all you can do bro, is take one day at a time....its not worth the drop in your quality of life to do otherwise.

and what cmyfirepole said...who told you you arent welcome here?

1 bad 4fiddy?

Eli

Eli, man I only met you for a brief time out at the meet n greet, you gave Don a ride in the Razor! Your knowledge and humor would be very missed if stop coming on here! I always love reading your posts and your a nice guy on top of it all!! :laughing:

What if we quit worrying about thing we can't change and try to keep other things from changing.

Forget about Kelso. Look at the pictures and appreciate it's beauty. Let's concentrate on preventing more dune areas from being closed

ESPECIALLY DUMONT!

Eli, man I only met you for a brief time out at the meet n greet, you gave Don a ride in the Razor! Your knowledge and humor would be very missed if stop coming on here! I always love reading your posts and your a nice guy on top of it all!! :beer_bang:

I ain't going anywhere.....at least until Don returns the favor and gives me a ride in that car. Hope he got the clutch fixed.

As far as who said it. It's not important thanks for the :laughing:

Eli

damn Eli

trust me about the closures...i know what the hell is up...i am a member of friends of the oceano dunes...we have to constantly fight to keep that place open...a daily fuggin struggle

I know you do I've read your postings. Just hoping it ain't gonna happen isn't enough. I get excited about closures. I trusted a greenie when they said "We all can work together at Dumont, there's room for us all"....once. I won't make that mistake again....

Eli

I ain't going anywhere.....at least until Don returns the favor and gives me a ride in that car. Hope he got the clutch fixed.

As far as who said it. It's not important thanks for the :dunno:

Eli

Next time you see me I'll give you a ride. Not a problem. :ban-split: