How's the dirt?

DIRTADDICT

We are planning on coming out this weekend. We want to camp near the A-11 square on the Dumont map. My 5'ver weighs 18,500lbs. I have 15 years camping experience and know what to look out for when it comes to getting stuck. I am just wondering how the dirt is? Is it really dry and soft? Or is it all pretty safe?

Thanks guys.

We are planning on coming out this weekend. We want to camp near the A-11 square on the Dumont map. My 5'ver weighs 18,500lbs. I have 15 years camping experience and know what to look out for when it comes to getting stuck. I am just wondering how the dirt is? Is it really dry and soft? Or is it all pretty safe?

Thanks guys.

Gino

the nice thing on D is that you can camp at a lot of different spots (including very remote and quiet areas)

we never had any problem with our heavy truck conversion; just keep up the momentum, use common sense, avoid soft spots, dont turn too tight and you will be fine.

i hope you and your family have a great weekend with a lot of fun!!! :laughing:

stephan

Edited by spooner

It's more hard pack to the left as you enter. You will do just fine though as long as you stay away from the finger dunes (which are on the right side coming in on the entrance road). If you get up close to them it tends to get pretty soft. Otherwise you can get in and out just about anywhere there with 4WD.

Thanks guys.

not to be an :driver: here but there is NO dirt, ALL SAND some soft some hard pack like Dunefreak said.!!!

just wanted it to be clear :beercheers: have fun!!! :MBdance:

When you get out there, if it's day time, you'll be able to see where not to go. :beercheers:

You'll be fine, and if you get stuck, there's always somebody closebuy to pull you out! It's not Pismo

LVBob

• 1 month later...

if you turn to the right there is a hill called the rock pile its all hard pack around there and if you go past it aways you can get somewhat out of the dust and get some quiet area

Or you can do like Bob does and pull up to the last finger and get stuck lol :driver: then its like a couple hours to get everything unstuck :breakdance:

Dont worry Bob I wont tell anyone about it :breakdance: lol :D

Capt