Few pics of the SR2 prototype....

Yoshi

Here's a few updated pics of the rail, waiting on wire harness to show up, then bolt on the axles, run the power steering lines as well as radiator and fuel lines and she'll be ready for testing...

The black pic is photoshoped color to show what it will look like, I also posted a couple pics next to my shop trucks to show size comparison, everyone thinks it's smaller than it is...

post-423-1207671461_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671449_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671437_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671368_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671344_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671305_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671279_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671262_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671203_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671244_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671171_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207671145_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207670987_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207670973_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207670932_thumb.jpg

post-423-1207763104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey yoshi, I've been checking your cars out for a while but had NO idea how big they were. Very Cool

Everyone is always shocked at the size. I thought the pics of me or my wife standing next to them put them into perspective but I guess not, so I had a brain fart the other day and stuck it next to my shop trucks to really show the size...

Thanks for all the compliments...

damn yosh...that thing looks sick...like it needs meds sick!!!

what's the travel specs on that bad boy???

19.5" actual wheel travel with 6.5" ground clearance under full bump...

Edited by Yoshi

What is the overall length and width(at rear paddles)? I am curious if this will fit in my hauler with the tires on........

overall width in the rear is just under 90", overall length with the triple razors up front is just under 12'....

If your interested in a turnkey rail and live in Arizona, or any state touching Arizona, your gonna go through my Exclusive West Coast Distributer, www.federalsandrail.com for the actual purchase, but you can work out any details as far as options, questions during the build, or questions about the rail in general through me...

Edited by Yoshi

where is the ride height at with a full load? That thing sits pretty damn tall..

ride height fully loaded is 18", but it looks taller because I dropped the middle of the floor down 4.5" lower than the sides and tapered it back so it kinda disappears, you really just see the bottom of the side panels, so it looks higher, and me likey, lol.....

It sits on 8 to 9" droop from full extension...

Edited by Yoshi

I am absolutley posative I can't afford it!!!!!

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

Sweeeeeet Rail though.......

:poop_hittin_the_fan:

it's only money man, you can't take it with you, lol...

A frame kit or roller may be more to your budget though........

Looking very good Yosh. :poop_hittin_the_fan: I can't beleive how big that bad boy is. :bawl:

Thank ya much, it's actually the same size as my other rail, only the new chassis is about 70 pounds lighter......

Yoshi is proof that dedicated hard working people exist. Let's be honest here and admit it. If 99% of the guys out there had a wife like Yoshi's, they would never leave their house. :beercheers:

But Yoshi has worked a ridiculous amount of hours to get this prototype to where it is. He's got a few more to go but this thing will be hitting the sand soon!

Great work Yoshi! I can't wait to drive this bad boy.

Keep an eye on our "Events" page for test drive and expo dates: Federal Sandrail Events

• 3 weeks later...

Motor should be ready for pickup from the builder tomorrow, then I gotta plug her up and run the fluid lines..

I bought a UMP filter, suppose to be the best setup on the market. It draws air in through the 4" opening at the top, and spins around the inside with a vortex (just like those fancy vacuums that spin like a tornado) it throws all the big stuff to the inside of the aluminum tank, and the filter only has to deal with the finer stuff. It's paper, requires no sprays or chemicals, and is suppose to stay clean a lot longer. It's the same technology that is on all the construction equipment you see doing roadwork, and those see a lot of fine dust. It's an 8" diameter tank that is 14" long. To clean the filter, you unscrew the wing nut on the back, then slide out the filter and tap it on the ground, then stick it back in. I am having to build a custom aluminum air box for the 4" inlet to attach to, so what you are seeing is the rough mock up I just built. I'll have the parts plasma cut and then weld it up. There is an aluminum cover that spans the top of the motor, with a hole for the oil lines and a 4.5" hole for the top of the air filter to stick up, so you won't see any of this from the front or the sides, just a big smooth panel to separate the motor heat from the air intake. So anyway, just felt like sharin....

post-423-1209530162_thumb.jpg

post-423-1209530198_thumb.jpg

post-423-1209530216_thumb.jpg

post-423-1209530232_thumb.jpg