What makes your marriage work?

Free Agent

I don't know what works, but I can give some ideas on what doesn't. (2 times divorced)

Don't marry for love.

Don't marry for money.

Don't marry because your going to be a mom/dad.........

..........There is so much more. I'm sure the other "not so lucky on the 1st try" people can add.

A few words from my old man (3 times married) "Marriage is like a business each person has responsibilities and if they drop the ball it hurts the business. You must decide who is in charge of each part of the business and refer to the board of directors when changes need to be put in place. All decisions must be made together and each member has an equal say so. Never belittle your business partner and always treat them with respect and work as a team. Admit when your wrong and apologize." Oh and "yes dear" goes a long way.

Some GREAT advice there Dr. Phil.....err.....Darby!! :6pak:

Edited by dinicolady

We're coming up on our 9 year anniversary! Woo-Hoo! :laughoff:

Love, Trust, Respect and HUMOR are most important!

We've learned to like things that the other person does. I love to travel, drink wine and dance. Mark loves to do anything outdoors! Although it takes a 6 pack to get him to dance :clap::nah: , we enjoy what the other person likes to do.

It also helps that we both LOVE animals! 7 pets later! :6pak:

OK .... I don't know if there are any secrets to making a marriage "work"

But, we have been married for TWENTY FIVE YEARS. Don't really know why or how either.

I think the possible answer is that we get along maybe that is all it takes? Oh and she doesn't talk very much and I NEVER argue with her,

no need to she is always right

Untill my much younger wife and I hooked up, she never duned, off roaded. She never boat and wake boarded, went out dancing,, she never tow'd and backed a trailer,, RV'd, had a guy in her life that told her she was attractive and spent time, money and listened to her.

I'm not married (but divorced a few years ago)..but nothing wrong with a much younger woman :beerpint: . This season I was taught how to drive a sandrail and learned poop duty on a hauler :MBdance: . Just today I learned to drive the boat, dock it and load it on the trailer, then I towed it home :laughing: and I am totally new to boating and towing and trailers, I can't wait to tube and wakeboard! It is the greatest having someone to teach me things and take me to cool places I have never been :D . Glad to see such positive people/posts :beerpint: .

16 years this year for us she is my best friend we share every part of our lives with each other. I am

very lucky she loves all the things I do. When it comes to a dune trip ,lake trip or just going to hang

out a a bar she loves all of it . The biggest thing I try to do when something upsets me I don't blurt

out the first thing that pops into my head I stop and think about about the big picture if in 30 minutes

or a few hours it still bothers me then I will bring it up and we talk about it instead of it being a heat

of the moment yelling fight. Most of the time it wasn't that big of a deal. If all else fails :beerpint:

It doesn't hurt things that my wife is alot of fun :beerpint::laughing: