weekend warrior bankrupt?

got boost?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clown: Ya know, we all like whatever trailer we own, doesn't matter what the brand is really, just as long as YOU and your family like it and use it and have a good time, even if the company is in trouble. I truly believe WW will somehow survive and all of us with new trailers and warranties and extended warranties will be ok in the long run. Those with the frame issues, I'm, not sure what will happen there really. Doesn't look like ours is in that mix of problems. Most stuff we can fix ourselves. I'm glad we bought our '08 WW FSC3200 for sure, not happy the dealer is selling without telling people, but that is just business and I understand. It does suck to have our dealer do the song and dance about getting us parts and fixing things then just not doing it. That alone was making me re think where we bought our trailer; and now I am even re thinking since WW is having issues. Maybe I should trade it in, take some loss but have a 'peace of mind'? or would I? Every RV company right now can end up in trouble if the economy continues as badly as it is(though I feel it is getting a little tiny bit better).

Again, I like the WW floor plan we have, whereas the Raptor that we could get at the other dealership would not really handle what we need, but as stated earlier, the brand doesn't matter as long as ya like your trailer.. and we do. What a blast to take your hauler places with the quads & kids! I'd probably feel the same way if I had bought the Raptor over a WW; we just wanna have fun with our family & toys (and be safe)!

So, with that all said, we will keep the WW and hope for the best and just go out and have fun and use it till we are really ready for something different!

I know I rambled here, sorry... this is the wife of GetleftRacing, he wouldn't even write this much at all and use the little smiley icons!!! LOL :think:

WW might be bankrupt...but my neighbor just pulled the trigger on an 09 CR 39' that thing is badazz...fuggin faux cherrywood cabinets upgraded focal/jl audio stereo that out thumps high school kids 1000W truck stereo

hair dryer in the bathroom

slideout in bedroom

dealer threw in grill to go AND a dewalt air compressor

walked it off the lot @ 30k :thumb:

its fuggin NIIIIICE...not a big :flipoff: of :poop:

:flipoff:

Fleetwood is hurting too. They have cut 50 percent of all model productions and layed off people...I still love my WW. Best choice I made even if the company is around or not.

I 2nd that, I love our trailer and still think they made some of the best looking trailers on the road. I am just glad that we bought an extended warranty.

We agree with both of you even though we are camping right now with a leak under the trailer :flipoff::flipoff::thumb:

We agree with both of you even though we are camping right now with a leak under the trailer :flipoff::flipoff::thumb:

A leak under the trailer? look above your propane tanks and check the fittings to the outside shower and pressure washer.

WW might be bankrupt...but my neighbor just pulled the trigger on an 09 CR 39' that thing is badazz...fuggin faux cherrywood cabinets upgraded focal/jl audio stereo that out thumps high school kids 1000W truck stereo

slideout in bedroom

walked it off the lot @ 30k :thumb:

:flipoff:

THAT is a SWAEEEEEEEET deal!!!! sheeh!

The 39footers are awsome!

slideout in bedroom

walked it off the lot @ 30k :flipoff:

:drunk:

:?: somebodies been :beerbong: a few too many.... :thumb:

thats only about 20K below invoice?? Im just sayin RC, :) I'll buy as many as I could get at that price right now. Where did he buy it? and from who?

A friend of mine has one of those fsc32 footers and the water lines in the wall going to the shower came apart somehow so whenever they would turn the pump on water would just pour out of the trailer between the shower and the wall.. nothing they could do about it and they were in glamis for a week.. happend the 2nd day there... the mobile warrior guy said we cant fix this one on site the whole shower has to come out your gonna have to take it to the dealer.. they werent thrilled to say the least... At least there was more than one hauler in camp that was cool and let them use the shower and stuff to do dishes..

:?: somebodies been :beerbong: a few too many.... :thumb:

thats only about 20K below invoice?? Im just sayin RC, :) I'll buy as many as I could get at that price right now. Where did he buy it? and from who?

he didnt say where.. :flipoff:

fuggin nice hauler tho...sittin out in front of his house right now...just got it yesterday. iknow he got it here in town

and the only ww in town used to be venture out, but is now camping world

Edited by richard cheese

he didnt say where.. :thumb:

fuggin nice hauler tho...sittin out in front of his house right now...just got it yesterday. iknow he got it here in town

and the only ww in town used to be venture out, but is now camping world

just got off the phone with him...said he picked it up 3rd party, and that guy had it less than 4 months, with no trips on it

Hmmm, Maybe it's a good time for a new hauler for my chit.

Business and the unfortunate way it works. With everything going on in the toyhauler market, here is my $.02.

Most dealerships finance their inventory thru a bank. Which means they have to pay back the loans for each rig. With WW going under and all the other crap happening, the dealers are going to be letting these things go at a "deep discount" to ensure they don't get stuck holding the bag when everything settles. The extended warrenty companies don't cover chit and with no factory warrenty somebody is going to have to step up (or not "sold as is")

Which leads me into the next issue. When a business is going to go belly up, the owners know the situation months in advance. The #1 priority they have is to save as much money for their "early retirement" as possible. Another words if I saw this coming, guess what, I'm laying off people, buying cheaper materials and skimping on the quality as much as possible. My guys are going to put chit together as fast as possible and get them out the door so the dealerships can stock up before I tank. I'm in savings mode. My chit will look tight but give it a year and it will be losing side panels on the freeway.

So, buy a new box now save the $$ and take a chance or wait a while and when the dealerships are left holding the bag on a bunch of stuff they can't sell, pick one up then. Quality may be low but with the $$ you save, you can fix the problems these rigs are going to have.

I'll sit on my '03 WW until I see what happens. There will always be somebody ditching a newer model rig at a deep discount because of divorce, financial issues or poor judgement.

A friend of mine has one of those fsc32 footers and the water lines in the wall going to the shower came apart somehow so whenever they would turn the pump on water would just pour out of the trailer between the shower and the wall.. nothing they could do about it and they were in glamis for a week.. happend the 2nd day there... the mobile warrior guy said we cant fix this one on site the whole shower has to come out your gonna have to take it to the dealer.. they werent thrilled to say the least... At least there was more than one hauler in camp that was cool and let them use the shower and stuff to do dishes..

Nope ours isn't where the shower is that already happend and has been fixed last year :angry2:

This leak is a new one that is under our storage compartment in the front of the trailer :driver::DDRrocks:

I called WW to see what they had. The person I talked to said they were winding down the company and moving it to Idaho. I said "to the Extreme factory?" he said yes (they or Mark own extreme also), and that they are going to a factory direct business model, no more dealers.

So it looks like there will be an alternative and some semblance of WW around in the future, we will see.

Looks like WW has a plan to surviving.