awesome nights plus trip report

vegas style

Im out on the road for work (for 3 months) this week and next in New Jersey near giants stadium.

im not a hugh baseball fan and i have been known to rout against the yankees. but this is the last season for the old yankee stadium (the new one is across the street). i picked up a great ticket on stubhub this morning. behind the plate straight down the 3rd base line. i could hear the catchers glove when he caught pitches! so after work today i headed out... bus trip thru Lincoln tunnel at rush hour to the port authority walked a block over to time square and caught a subway train to grand central station and then the uptown express to yankee stadium. awesome night very humid but there was a nice beeze NY won 5-0 over the tampa rays. walked around and took some picture talked to a bunch of people had a hotdog and a beer or 2. then did the trip back to the hotel in NJ. the transit system here rocks the subways are old but they are clean and fast. going to head back over to manhattan this weekend and do the tourist thing. second time i have been here and i have a list of place to go.

so i will update this so all you bored offseason DDR people have something new to read for a minute or two.....

post-978-1215575310_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215575536_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215575614_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215575705_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215575784_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215575913_thumb.jpg

Edited by vegas style

at this point i will be home around sept 20. but there is some talk about more work on this show after this run. not sure if i would do it if it was offered but im a hoar for the $$$$

this humidity sucks but its not going to be any better in Louisiana where we are headed.....

post-978-1215577444_thumb.jpg

Right-on Steve. :thumb:

Sounds like you're having an interesting time there.

I've never been to NY, but I have been in subways before.

Them suckers do haul butt.

They tripp me out when they go under water too. WE"RE WHAT? :blink:

We are enjoyin' the update mang.

Keep em' coming. :blury:

Be safe too. :barf:

R-

at this point i will be home around sept 20. but there is some talk about more work on this show after this run. not sure if i would do it if it was offered but im a hoar for the $$$$

this humidity sucks but its not going to be any better in Louisiana where we are headed.....

I bet i know where you got that sticker... LOL

I bet i know where you got that sticker... LOL

its the only one i have with me i plan on taking a few more pics of it on things then i will stick it somewhere most likely in the subway somewhere. :barf: be funny if someone logs on after seeing it and reads this thread :blury:

Edited by vegas style

did you get the one i left on the door of your truck after the taproot concert. Had i known you needed more i would have given you some.. They were in my back pocket lol

Went into manhattan this evening. waited tell after rush hour grabbed a NJ bus right outside the hotel and 15 minutes later was walking out of the port authority building. headed up thru the theater district and into time square. just as it was getting dark. stood in the middle took some pictures had a stranger take my picture and i took one for he and his wife. i would say 75% of the people i was around were europe. not much english being spoken around there. i didnt stay long it was a way crowded Friday summer night. i did hit up a street vender for hot dog yum. i was headed to the rockefeller center top of the rock observation deck. that is so cool i spent 2 hours up there taking pictures chatting with people and for a long while just staring out looking at the city lights. the empire state building is 10 blocks away (might try going up there tomorrow depending on the line) looks so cool lit up in red white and blue lights. i took 90 pics and 15 minutes of video tonight got some great shots. more tomorrow when i head over for the day im going to staten island ferry and statue of liberty. also going to go to ground zero for a minute. the last and only other time i have been to NYC was a month after 9-11 the old national airline had a $75 round trip offer when they were trying to get NY and the airlines going again. i had a good trip that time but i also spent a lot of time in lower manhattan and saw first hand the destruction so i dont think im going to hang around down there this time.

so here are a few pics for now

post-978-1215840951_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215841121_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215841224_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215841325_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215841524_thumb.jpg

be careful if you try to throw something off the empirestate building they dont like that very much.. Gave me a huge ration of sh*t for chuckin a snow ball off the observation deck :P

and off i go again...

this morning went back to manhattan had to pick up my paychecks. because after all iam working :D . office is right in time square. stopped had some breakfast at a corner cafe. the city is expensive $18 basic meal! then i went up into central park they were getting ready to have a concert with bon jovi part of the MLB allstar game. lot of people and police and the great lawn was fenced off. so i hopped on the subway downtown and headed to ground zero. a lot different then my last trip. you are able to walk around and over part of the site now. looks like a hugh construction site. walked over to the battery park walk right on the seawall nice cool place with everyone out bike riding, skating, and sunbathing lots of beautiful women. the view is new jersey, staten island, Ellis island, statue of liberty, and george washington bridge very cool. walked on down to the staten island ferry (best value in nyc FREE) goes right past statue of liberty with great views of the manhattan skyline. after the return trip i went over to the Brooklyn bridge. there is a art project where they built a bunch of waterfalls on the water front basically 80-90 foot scaffolding with a huge amount of water being pumped off them looked alright i saw 6 of them. one right under the bridge. went ahead and walked up on the bridge went half way across taking pictures. interesting bridge looks old and rusted up close but with a lot of style. from there headed back to the hotel. im tired covered many miles took 200 pictures and 40 minutes of video. talked to a millionaire lady walking her dogs in the park, a girl thats a art film student (she is filming blocks and buildings using pink with white polk a dot trash bags that smell like bubble gum she hands them out then comes back on trash day to film reactions) talked to a group of retired guys after they watched me hurry for the wrong bus. plus many more great day fun city one more free day before i have to work then out of here friday.

post-978-1215922059_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922129_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922194_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922256_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922319_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922396_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922463_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215922533_thumb.jpg

New York is such a fun city and has great food! You should try Katz's Deli. That's where they filmed the scene with Meg Ryan have her moment over the food in When Harry Met Sally. Great pastrami sandwiches! My sister lives in Manhattan near Ground Zero. That place is so cool!!! :D

done... went over this morning and caught a circle line ferry out to statue of liberty and back hour cruise. being a tourist is a lot more fun wit a ipod. im traveling alone (again) but i can get into my own world rocking out easy to ignore crowds with NIN jamming in your head :D i have to say i sure would like to live in manhattan sometime. even thinking of taking a year renting out my house and doing it. i have met so many cool people here and there is so much to do............ any way here are a few more pics took around 400 going to do something with them maybe a dvd for drunk campfire watching this winter........

post-978-1215983749_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215983836_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215984006_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215984079_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215984143_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215984218_thumb.jpg

post-978-1215984314_thumb.jpg