You go Rampage!....DERRRR

wingnut

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was arrested and held on $25,000 bail following a traffic accident Tuesday afternoon in Costa Mesa, Calif.

According to Costa Mesa police Lt. Paul Dondero, an officer observed the 30-year old Jackson driving with a flat tire on his 2008 Ford F-350 pickup truck and talking on his cell phone (which recently became illegal while driving in Calif.) and attempted to pull him over.

Dondero said Jackson, a resident of Irvine, Calif., ignored the officer and continued driving with the officer in pursuit.

Police had received a report of a vehicle involved in a collision on the 55 Freeway in Costa Mesa, which struck other vehicles and fled the scene, Dondero said.

The chase continued with the vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, including at one point driving on the wrong side of the road and even on a sidewalk, scaring pedestrians.

Dondero said Jackson hit two cars at 19th Street and Newport Boulevard at 1:13 p.m., but failed to stop. He said a Costa Mesa police officer saw the truck near 17th Street and attempted to pull it over.

Jackson fled and hit at least one more car before the five-minute chase ended with his arrest, the lieutenant said.

The officer saw the vehicle in a second collision. It is believed nobody was injured.

The car continued to Newport Beach, where the tire blew out and came off the rim and he was taken into the Orange County Central jail, where he is being held on $25,000 bail. The fighter was charged with hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving.

UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon learning of the arrest and said he was driving to the county jail to post bail for Jackson.

The story was initially reported by the website TMZ.com, which has photos of Jackson lying face down on the street behind his truck, a 2008 Ford F-350 turbo diesel, as a police officer has his gun drawn and is pointing it at him.

Jackson won the UFC light heavyweight title by knocking out Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 on May 26, 2007. After a successful defense against Dan Henderson on Sept. 5, Jackson lost the belt to Forrest Griffin on a controversial decision at UFC 86 on July 5 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Jackson’s manager/trainer, Juanito Ibarra, did not immediately return phone calls

i cant iagine anybody saying the fight was debateable!! eff that ford and the flat!! that guy won 1 round ( cause forest stepped into his punch) that was it. his combos on any other round were nothing he climbed on forrest in a later round i think it was 3 so we could say ok 2 rounds but it was 5 rounds ans theres no question who won those 3 rounds it wasnt even a split decision it was unanimous i thought

debateable my bear foot !!!!!! :beercheers:

i cant iagine anybody saying the fight was debateable!! eff that ford and the flat!! that guy won 1 round ( cause forest stepped into his punch) that was it. his combos on any other round were nothing he climbed on forrest in a later round i think it was 3 so we could say ok 2 rounds but it was 5 rounds ans theres no question who won those 3 rounds it wasnt even a split decision it was unanimous i thought

debateable my bear foot !!!!!! :fro:

Easy there Haus! It is over, Forrest won. Rampage went to jail. All is right with the world. Now lets all have a group hug :grin: and a :beercheers:

Easy there Haus! It is over, Forrest won. Rampage went to jail. All is right with the world. Now lets all have a group hug :barf: and a :fro:

dont be messin with opey taylor griffen and his fair and square win . there is no debate :beercheers:

i still have to figure out who will win liddel v griffen and who to vote for :think::grin:

Edited by barefoot bob

dont be messin with opey taylor griffen and his fair and square win . there is no debate :beercheers:

i still have to figure out who will win liddel v griffen and who to vote for :barf::grin:

:grin: :bar: I always called him that when he was on the show. Didn't Rampage say something about giving his purse up if he lost the fight. Or something to that affect.

That show sometimes cracks me up. Silly boyz. Like when they were messin' with the guy and his humming bird feeders. Man did he get pissed. :fro: :think:

BTW! I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was debatable, cause I was for Forrest all the way, I meant that some of the people of TV thought it was.

Edited by desertskyz

Are you freaking kidding me?? WHAT WAS HE THINKING? Maybe he was wasted? or had drugs on him?? I cant imagine he would run, thats just STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID! :fro:

My only guess is he watched alot of police chase movies growing up !! :beercheers:

debateable not!!! he lost fair and square :lol:

I agree

debateable my bear foot !!!!!! :barf:

I agree

dont be messin with opey taylor griffen and his fair and square win . there is no debate :hello:

i still have to figure out who will win liddel v griffen and who to vote for :think::think:

I will have to go with Liddel

Capt

And the beat goes on...

IRVINE (CNS) - A day after allegedly going on a driving rampage in

Orange County, former mixed martial arts champion Quinton ``Rampage'' Jackson

was taken to a hospital for a mental health evaluation, police said today.

Police went to Jackson's neighborhood in the 100 block of Whistling Isle

about 4:30 p.m. yesterday after his friends told authorities they were

``concerned about his behavior and some remarks he was making,'' said Irvine

police Lt. Rick Handfield.

``Officers spoke to him to evaluate whether he was a danger to himself

or others,'' Handfield said. ``He was detained and was taken to an area

hospital for mental evaluation.''

Handfield declined to elaborate, citing privacy restrictions.

Tuesday afternoon, Jackson was arrested in Costa Mesa following a three-

mile chase that began on the heels of two freeway collisions and another crash

when he allegedly ran red lights, police said.

A motorcycle officer attempted to stop Jackson after his 2008 Ford F250

pickup truck left the Costa Mesa (55) Freeway, where it ends at 19th Street and

Newport Boulevard, and was seen weaving in and out of traffic, said Costa Mesa

police Sgt. Vic Bakkila.

Ignoring the motorcycle officer's activated light, Jackson drove over

the raised center portion of the roadway at Cabrillo Avenue, lost control and

drove onto the sidewalk, causing pedestrians to flee for their lives, Bakkila

said.

Jackson regained control and continued south in the northbound lanes of

Newport Boulevard, colliding with a vehicle and running several red lights.

The rubber from the tire began disintegrating at the Pacific Coast

Highway overpass. Jackson crossed onto the Balboa Peninsula, running several

more red lights and causing more pedestrians to flee.

Jackson's truck came to a stop at 18th Street and Newport Boulevard in

Newport Beach, and he was arrested by Costa Mesa officers without further

incident, Bakkila said.

He was booked on suspicion of felony evading, reckless driving and hit

and run, and released on $25,000 bail.

After the arrest, police learned that Jackson may have been involved in

two collisions on the freeway, Bakkila said.

The California Highway Patrol took reports on the two collisions, which

did not involve injuries, police said.

Jackson lost his Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight title

July 5 to Forrest Griffin in a unanimous decision that drew criticism from

Jackson's manager and trainer, Juanito Ibarra.