Chevy truck gets rear ended

dunefreak

Aren't we getting a little off topic here.:headbang: (note the extreme sarcasm)

uuuuuhhh no :blury: We are talking about the integrity of trucks, kinda like the topic- a truck! :rockon: :mc_smiley:

BTW- that other thread where I said that was about EASTER WEEKEND, not r/c cars! :slap: :mc_smiley: :thumb:

by the way i did not know you guys had a body shop :headbang: :thumb:

Yep, we sure do.

We get some pretty messed up vehicles towed in to us like this from time to time. One time we got a 99 ish Tahoe that had been t-boned about 85 mph. The body was ripped off the frame in some spots, both occupants in the Tahoe and one in the other car had died. :( :mc_smiley: It was pretty nasty to look at. Knowing someone has died in an accident makes it pretty creapy to look at the aftermath. :mc_smiley:

:( :mc_smiley: It was pretty nasty to look at. Knowing someone has died in an accident makes it pretty creapy to look at the aftermath. :mc_smiley:

It does suck, but you get used to it after awhile.....I don't know if I'm wierd, but I find it interesting.....(not the dying part, but to see what can happen to vehicles)..... :headbang:

Yep, we sure do.

We get some pretty messed up vehicles towed in to us like this from time to time. One time we got a 99 ish Tahoe that had been t-boned about 85 mph. The body was ripped off the frame in some spots, both occupants in the Tahoe and one in the other car had died. :( :mc_smiley: It was pretty nasty to look at. Knowing someone has died in an accident makes it pretty creapy to look at the aftermath. :mc_smiley:

:thumb: that sounds horrible, but seriously ive worked on alot of trucks {suspension lifts wise} and im here to tell you that while drilling holes for what ever reason, in a chevy frame...verses a ford frame, chevy frames are ten times softer!!! thats no BS, thats fact. KIND OF WEIRD, IF YOU ASK ME... :headbang:

hmmmm :mc_smiley: Maybe there is a reason for this difference. Could be a purposeful design, just because you can drill a hole in it easier, does'nt

make it weaker or less structurally sound. Could be part of energy absorbing crash saftey?

Could be you used a new drill bit when you drilled on the chevys? Oh and 10 times softer. :headbang: Me thinks you exagerate :mc_smiley:

:mc_smiley: that sounds horrible, but seriously ive worked on alot of trucks {suspension lifts wise} and im here to tell you that while drilling holes for what ever reason, in a chevy frame...verses a ford frame, chevy frames are ten times softer!!! thats no BS, thats fact. KIND OF WEIRD, IF YOU ASK ME... :mc_smiley:

Thats why Chevy frames will bend and tweak,as where a Ford frame just breaks apart.

Just like mild steel and Chromoly.

Id rather be in a chevy and have the thing bend up and absorb energy than a ford send all the energy to the occupants.

Thats why Chevy frames will bend and tweak,as where a Ford frame just breaks apart.

Just like mild steel and Chromoly.

Id rather be in a chevy and have the thing bend up and absorb energy than a ford send all the energy to the occupants.

GOOD POINT :headbang: BUT CHEVY'S STILL SUCK :mc_smiley: J/K :mc_smiley:

It does suck, but you get used to it after awhile.....I don't know if I'm wierd, but I find it interesting.....(not the dying part, but to see what can happen to vehicles)..... :slap:

I find it interesting when Taco has to many :mc_smiley: :mc_smiley: :headbang: .Not that I'm weird or anything but it funny watching her :thumb::blury::rockon:

• 4 weeks later...