dumont prep

barefoot bob

i have some photos of the stacker conversion were doing. semi stacker if you prefer but when were done we will be able to load 2 sand cars 16' and 16.5' and a quad in a 28' area.

its not completed these are just some pics. and before you ask the yellow strap thats holding up the car is for saftey while were crawling under measuring. the car winches up. we will be using an a removeable a frame to prop the car up to keep the floor supporting all the weight. you will notice the gussets at the top of the wall. thats supporting the a frame for winching the car up. we were able to hide the a frame in the walls and put the wood back up. we already test fitted both cars and it doe work. a couple more weekends and it will be ready

post-1340-1219693045_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693095_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693133_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693166_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693204_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693237_thumb.jpg

post-1340-1219693266_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob

Looks good, I would like too do something to my 26 hauler. We only got 13 feet of cargo room from the back door to the front kitchen. Would hate too get a new hauler, for only two or three additional feet

Looks good, I would like too do something to my 26 hauler. We only got 13 feet of cargo room from the back door to the front kitchen. Would hate too get a new hauler, for only two or three additional feet

Some guys that my group was camped with one trip had some ramps made similar to Bob's but higher and fit 1 Rhino, 1 2 seat mid engine buggy, 2 adult quads and 1 kids quad in a 37 ft WW fifth wheel with I think 17 feet of cargo space. They put the kids quad in the front of the kitchen, backed the rhino in put ramps on either side of Rhino, one quad sideways in front of the Rhino, pulled buggy in front end first above quad and hood of rhino and one quad sideways behind the buggy.

When they first said they were going to put all of it in the trailer I laughed and said no way possible. I was wrong... :lol:

I hope she holds! :lol:

Pretty genious idea Bob. Keep the prgress pics updated. I'm curious to see how the finished outcome is with both cars in there.

So the front of James' car will just be hanging from the a-frame support over your car right? :ah: No ramps or anything?

lol ya we gutted the trailer crap is everywhere.

anywase. when james car is loaded it will not be supported by anything on the roof or the walls. it will be held at the floor. the A frame is for simply lifting the car up. once lifted and a saftey strap hooked to the a frame we will bolt in a unit simaler to a saw horse mounted to the steel on the floor. under the frame rails of the buggy.

the only thing the a frame will support is abot 3 inches of droop from the A arms on the car by simply strapping them up. all the weight and tie downs are from the floor. the ramps in the rear are 2 fold. 1 to keep the car from harming mine in case of a flat. and 2 we can put a quad under james buggy.

this set up cost about 400 dollars and will save roughly 800 to a thousand dollars a season. elimination of a third vehicle , fuel entrance fees ect.........

Edited by barefoot bob