Where's the beef?

iweb

Anyone know where to buy good steaks and other cuts at a decent price in Vegas? I went to Smith's this weekend and the t-bones were $11.50 a lb! I need to buy bulk other cuts as well so need some good prices.

I used to work for a grocery wholesale business and we bought cases of new yorks that were needle tenderized and were individually vacuum packed in the case but I can't remember the name of the place that we got them, on Mojave maybe?

And no I don't want the butcher shops to be shut down or new regulations implemented.

If you want to drive to Utah send me a PM and I'll give ya a buddies # and directions... about 10 hr drive round trip from Vegas

The last cow I got was 700 lbs, three of us went in on it..

He has great bacon too ha ha...

Anyone know where to buy good steaks and other cuts at a decent price in Vegas? I went to Smith's this weekend and the t-bones were $11.50 a lb! I need to buy bulk other cuts as well so need some good prices.

Try Larry's Meats, he's at Valley View and Alta. Not sure 'bout his pricing, but they put on one helluva BBQ up in Brianhead every year for the Thunder on the Mountain run. The steaks were exceptional this summer! :flipoff::D

I used to work for a grocery wholesale business and we bought cases of new yorks that were needle tenderized and were individually vacuum packed in the case but I can't remember the name of the place that we got them, on Mojave maybe?

And no I don't want the butcher shops to be shut down or new regulations implemented.

Great steaks....go to Whole Foods but bring your wallet they aren't cheap.

All the chain stores are pretty bad. I won't pay those kind of prices to eat something that should be in the hamburger. Sam's Club isn't bad with a decent prices if you shop carefully and know what you are looking for.

It's getting harder to find decent beef. I can't afford to try the expensive steak houses but haven't found much I thought belonged outside of McDonalds when eating out lately.

Eli

ISBB, where in Ca?

INDASAND, where in Utah and do they cut,wrap, and freeze?

I have checked Sams and gave up my Costco card, I used to try Larry's years ago when I lived in Vegas and he was real high which would be ok if I was buying a couple of steaks for the wife and I but I have to buy volume for the teen group.

I'd love to find a decent buthcher shop too, where can I buy a pig here in vegas? Before the jokes start, a dressed pick ready to be put to the fire for a party?

You can buy a pig from the pig farm out near my place. I was talkin to my neighbor and his friends about it the other night, since I have a spit for my grill and we almost bought one for my housewarming last year (Hawaiian Themed party/food.) Okay, really they wanted to bury it in my backyard, but I didn't think that'd go over too well :laughoff: That dirt was hard as hell and I thought we might scare my new neighbors. Now my neighbor and I want to do a multi-house bbq/party, I love my new neighbors! The Hawaiians across the street still have dirt, maybe they'll show us how it's REALLY done... :lol:

I'd love to find a decent buthcher shop too, where can I buy a pig here in vegas? Before the jokes start, a dressed pick ready to be put to the fire for a party?

Go to any bar or club, the later the better....Effin pigs and sweat hogs everywhere!!!!! :lol::laughoff:

ISBB, where in Ca?

I have checked Sams and gave up my Costco card, I used to try Larry's years ago when I lived in Vegas and he was real high which would be ok if I was buying a couple of steaks for the wife and I but I have to buy volume for the teen group.

Rameys Meats in Brawley just outside glamis.

No break for bulk, huh?!? BUMMER :laughoff:

ISBB, where in Ca?

Kill to order.... If he doesn't have a cow ready he will buy one from auction from someone he knows and trusts. 100% grain.... After you place your order he'll call ya back with the weight and price then give ya a date to pick up after it is wrapped and deep freezed. (you will need to bring some dry ice for the trip back to vegas) I forgot the name of the town but it is 5 hrs from Vegas off of 70 to Denver. It is worth the drive......

I have a order form I can fax to you if ya want...

(he usually throws in some left over game or salami)

chit now i'm hungry

:think: