need to know engine size on 94 ranger

duneshredder911

Dumb question but how can I tell if my girlfriends 94 ford ranger she bought is a 3.0 or 4.0.....the guy said he though it was the 3.o but he didn't know miuch about trucks. I looked under the hood at the belt diagram or something like that and it only showed the 4.o..but I looked through receipts of oil changes and a couple said 3.o and most of them said 4.0...good runing truck with only 91k miles...so sounds dumb but wpuld like some help..thanks

Dumb question but how can I tell if my girlfriends 94 ford ranger she bought is a 3.0 or 4.0.....the guy said he though it was the 3.o but he didn't know miuch about trucks. I looked under the hood at the belt diagram or something like that and it only showed the 4.o..but I looked through receipts of oil changes and a couple said 3.o and most of them said 4.0...good runing truck with only 91k miles...so sounds dumb but wpuld like some help..thanks

From the information given I have to say it's a 3.5 :thumb:

Haha ya but that's not always the case...I've seen 3.os stomp all over 4.os and other way around to...my ranger is a 4.0 and it rips but its also a 03 and stick

So, do you think a V6 sandcar could beat a V8 sandcar up Comp hill? :thumb:

So, do you think a V6 sandcar could beat a V8 sandcar up Comp hill? :thumb:

O o don't know what do u think....I don't see what that's has to do with my question? I said my truck was pretty quick not due to the motor but the hp to weight ratio.....and ya I tried looking at the motors themselves but mine is the edge so the frame is different and the motor is mounted up different. Plus I looked at my bros 02 3.0 auto and it was still a lil different...I just barely got my truck for my 16th bday so im fairly new to them.

O o don't know what do u think....I don't see what that's has to do with my question? I said my truck was pretty quick not due to the motor but the hp to weight ratio.....and ya I tried looking at the motors themselves but mine is the edge so the frame is different and the motor is mounted up different. Plus I looked at my bros 02 3.0 auto and it was still a lil different...I just barely got my truck for my 16th bday so im fairly new to them.

Oh Sorry Matt, I wandered off the subject. :cry:

If the motor is stock, This may help ya.

Look at the 8th digit of the VIN #.

post-591-1221034818_thumb.jpg

Good luck mang. :thumb:

R-