Vendor "row" idea

miss mich

Not sure if this has ever been brought up, but thought of an excellent money making idea for holiday weekends.

Has anyone approached the idea of having travelling water, propane and waste (sewer dumps) drive through the camps or be camped in vendor row? Whenever we were out at Nascar there are travelling trucks. If my memory serves me right it was $40 for a dump and not much for water and propane. Helped out quite a bit when you are camped out and start getting stressed over running out of water or propane or getting filled up with black/grey water.

Just an idea.

Not sure if this has ever been brought up, but thought of an excellent money making idea for holiday weekends.

Has anyone approached the idea of having travelling water, propane and waste (sewer dumps) drive through the camps or be camped in vendor row? Whenever we were out at Nascar there are travelling trucks. If my memory serves me right it was $40 for a dump and not much for water and propane. Helped out quite a bit when you are camped out and start getting stressed over running out of water or propane or getting filled up with black/grey water.

Just an idea.

Ok... So why dont you start a side business there!?!? :beercheers::laughoff::dope:

:?: I can't handle the crapper. We have thought about doing the water though, could be profitable.

And as for you Dune Family..... :laughoff::laughing::beercheers:

Other than that, I think it could possibly work. If enough people pay for the service, it might just be worth it for a company.

michndave, you're the best. I'm thinking sometime between 1 and 4 PM on Sunday I'll need my crapper tanks pumped at Dumont. :assblast: There's no need to fill my water tank or propane. I can take care of that. :beercheers:

:lol:

:laughing::laughoff::lol: .. Hey after you stop by dunefreaks camp we should be ready also ..

LMAO!!! :blink::cry::lol::lol:

We wont need any propane or water this time.. Just handle the :poop: ... THANKS!!!

:lol::cry::lol::laughoff:

michndave.. the gas to get out there, plus the fee's to dump the :poop:, not to mention paying for the water, and everything else.. It would have to be a big hit and a real long weekend for someone to profit off of it.

Sounds great!!!! I can stop cleaning my tires with used budweiser...

Or just sell tampons.... you'll be everyones friend LOL

:headbang1:

That has been the topic of conversation many times in our little group!! A convenience store out at the dunes. Sell the stuff folks forget or run out of. Milk, soda, bread, batteries, cigarettes, toilet paper, tampons, LOL, but NOT booze. If you run outta that, it's your own damn fault!! :D (Not to mention the licensing for that. :usa: ) We really like the idea but none of us want to give up our ride time to work at the store. :headbang1:

:headbang1: Actually they do that at Pismo all the time and not having to move once your setup was excellent. $30 for pumping both tanks and for an extra $5, they push chem back in, $.50 a gallon for water, and $7 a gallon for Propane, Firewood was $6 a bundle and Ice was $8 for a 20lb bag. They make runs everyday at least 3 times per day. The guy said he started with one beater truck and pump, and in two summers, he's now got 5 trucks, keeps most of them busy, but he also hits all of the State and County RV Parks as well. You'd almost have to be in the "Pumping Business" and bring some extra holding tank, park it and make the rounds on the busy weekends. I'm sure thare is enough business to keep one truck busy for a weekend, but dont know that you'd be able to live off of just Dumont.....

SP2 Mike

:usa: