This is what it has come to

Danielle

6 die in family murder-suicide in Los Angeles gated community; financial problems cited

Los Angeles County Coroners remove one of six bodies found at a home in a gated community at Porter Ranch in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles on Monday, Oct. 6, 2008. An unemployed accounting industry worker who was despondent over financial problems shot and killed his wife, three children, mother-in-law and then himself in an upscale home in a gated community, police said Monday. (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes)

10-06-2008 8:22 PM

By CHRISTINA HOAG, Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) -- An unemployed man with an advanced finance degree who was despondent over his own financial problems shot and killed his wife, three children, mother-in-law and then himself in an upscale home in a gated community, police said Monday.

Officers found the bodies Monday morning after the wife failed to show up at a neighbor's home to go to work, Deputy Chief Michel Moore said. The deaths occurred sometime after Saturday evening.

A handgun that had been bought Sept. 16 was found in the father's grasp, Moore said. Karthik Rajaram, 45, left two suicide notes _ one for police and one for friends and relatives _ and a will.

The notes attest to Rajaram's financial difficulties, and he takes responsibility for killing his family members, Moore said.

Officers found the mother-in-law, Indra Ramasesham, 69, dead in bed on the first floor. Upstairs, they found a 19-year-old son, Krishna Rajaram, dead in bed in the master bedroom.

The gunman's 39-year-old wife, Subasri, was found in another room, also apparently shot while sleeping, Moore said.

In an adjoining room, a 12-year-old son, Ganesha, was dead on the floor, and his 7-year-old brother, Arjuna, was dead in bed. Coroner's assistant chief Ed Winter said the victims were shot multiple times.

Moore did not specify what financial trouble the man had been in. He noted that the family did not own the home.

PricewaterhouseCoopers spokesman Steven Silber said Karthik Rajaram last worked for the company in 1999, but declined to offer any further information about him, given the time that passed since Rajaram's employement there.

Sony Pictures Entertainment spokesman Steve Elzer did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Investigators have determined that Rajaram was at least the part-owner of a financial holding company, Moore said.

He is listed as a co-manager of a corporation called SKGL LLC, which is incorporated in Nevada, according to state records. He formed the corporation for his family's assets, said Las Vegas attorney Christopher R. Grobl.

He did not know what sort of business SKGL was or why Rajaram incorporated in Nevada. The business was incorporated in 1999 and renewed its annual license in December 2007.

The gated community, called Sorrento Pointe, is among several developments along curving lanes and cul-de-sacs set on the foothills of the Santa Susana Mountains in Porter Ranch, about 23 miles northwest of downtown.

"It's very quiet here," said Ryan Ransdell, who lives across the street. "That's what's so shocking about this. ... You'd think someone would have heard it. You can hear a car door shut at night."

___

Associated Press Writer Jacob Adelman contributed to this report.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Disclaimer: the news stories on Cox.net are the work of leading news organizations whose services are purchased to populate Cox.net with news as a service to our customers. Views and opinions presented in the news are not necessarily the views of Cox Communications.

I read a story online yesterday about an old woman in ohio whose house was in foreclosure. Her and her husband who had passed some time earlier had lived there since 1970. Well she was so upset about being evicted she shot herself. Lived. Now the mortgage company is not going to foreclose, and THEY ARE GOING TO FORGIVE HER MORTGAGE??? WTF??????

Now why in the world would they publish a story like this. DONT YOU THINK EVERY MORON who is in financial trouble would try this after hearing about this story??

COME ON PEOPLE!!!

It is definately tough times, I lost my condo and working a job paying 1/2 what I used it. But come on, suicide is not the answer. Killing your family??? You cant give up. That which doesnt kill ya (no pun intended) does make you stronger. Im living proof of that. You get up each day and do what you can to get thru it. One day at a time is the only way to deal with things that get as bad as they have.

Just my 02 cents!

I read a story online yesterday about an old woman in ohio whose house was in foreclosure. Her and her husband who had passed some time earlier had lived there since 1970. Well she was so upset about being evicted she shot herself. Lived. Now the mortgage company is not going to foreclose, and THEY ARE GOING TO FORGIVE HER MORTGAGE??? WTF??????

Now why in the world would they publish a story like this. DONT YOU THINK EVERY MORON who is in financial trouble would try this after hearing about this story?? COME ON PEOPLE!!!

It is definately tough times, I lost my condo and working a job paying 1/2 what I used it. But come on, suicide is not the answer. Killing your family??? You cant give up. That which doesnt kill ya (no pun intended) does make you stronger. Im living proof of that. You get up each day and do what you can to get thru it. One day at a time is the only way to deal with things that get as bad as they have.

Just my 02 cents!

It is absolute stupidity,if the guy was that desperate to get out than take himself down ,but the intire family my god :angry2: He had to have been insane to take on an act like that,just the thought that he planned it out.That is just wrong!

if the guy was that desperate to get out than take himself down ,but the intire family my god :shake:

Cut him a shred of slack, he got the Mother in Law! :clap: :pile: :angry2:

I'm just messin'. Times are tough for many but this was extreme.

i claim act of terrorism.. anyone notice his last name.. He probably started that company skgl owning a dozen slurpee factorys in vegas..

with and indian accent of course"u no weeeeeza da juuuuuiiiiccceeeeeee"

i gotta go rent encino man.. havent seen that movie in a long time heh

You think perhaps he and Click-Click were in business together?

click click-step away from the slurpee machine?? :angry2:

stock market crash of 1929 saw many people commit suicide by jumping out of windows. it was common place...Economists have said that this isworse than the 1929 stock crash....once in a century they are calling it.

sad story. the guy shouldnt have taken the lives of his kids, wife and nag-in-law

All I can say is he is one sick Bastard. He could have killed his self and let the family live. Guess he is one greedy Mo fo...

Maybe he was in so much trouble that if he didnt kill them someone else would have?? He was saving them the trouble.

It happened back home a few weeks back, the guys shoots his family, the dogs and the horses then burns the place then shoots himself......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7594411.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7591523.stm

Edited by britincali

It happened back home a few weeks back, the guys shoots his family, the dogs and the horses then burns the place then shoots himself......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7594411.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/7591523.stm

Very sad

:woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo::woo_hoo: :angry2: :shake: :pile: :clap:

says it all

I am right there with ya.