Streamline Twist Throttle or Motion Pro?

Suzuki450Chick

I'm confused by the two. A couple of my friends that have LTR450's recommend the streamline. I don't care about the pricing, I just care about the longevity of the product and throttle response. I rode my LTR at Amargossa today for a long period of time and my thumb started to cramp up (I know call the waaaaambulance). I've always been used to my blaster with the twist throttle (it used to have a thumb) and I got so used to it. Grated, when I had my blaster I wasn't plan on doing jumps or wheelies but now I feel like I am stuck. I like to drag race up comp and ride around for long periods of time so which one would be best for me? I'm still keeping the thumb though just in case I feel the need to do jumps or try to wheelie. I'll just have to keep it in my gear bag so I can switch it out whenever. Please let me know what you guys think. I'm making the order in the next couple of days so it'll give me time to install it for dumont. :flipoff:

Not sure what the difference is with the 2, but maybe this will help. :grin:

I put a Motion Pro 1/4 turn twist throttle on my Raptor about 5 years ago and haven't had ANY issues with it. I love it. At first it took a little bit to get used to the the quick repsonse of the 1/4 turn throttle, especially over bumps, but now it's just second nature. I love it. Did I mention that already? :flipoff: I'll take the quick "burpy" response over bumps any day over the really long throw that fatigues your arm with the added range of motion on the other conventional twist throttles. ;)

I remember seeing a set-up somewhere that combines the two.....a twist and a thumb throttle with a mechanical swithch that locks the other out depending on which one you want to use......no clue who makes it or where to get it but it might be worth a search...

I remember seeing a set-up somewhere that combines the two.....a twist and a thumb throttle with a mechanical swithch that locks the other out depending on which one you want to use......no clue who makes it or where to get it but it might be worth a search...

This?

post-1526-1223828492_thumb.jpg

I hear it's a pain in the a$$ to put a twist trottle on a ltr... dam near the hole bike needs to be dissembled..It just take some time too get used to, and learn to relax ..The problem is that most people that first start off and riding those big dunes are all stiff and not comfortable, just need to learn to relax and your going to find that their's ,no more thumb throb because your not hanging on for dear life :beercheers:

Edited by ltr450

I hear it's a pain in the a$$ to put a twist trottle on a ltr... dam near the hole bike needs to be dissembled..It just take some time too get used to, and learn to relax ..The problem is that most people that first start off and riding those big dunes are all stiff and not comfortable, just need to learn to relax and your going to find that their's ,no more thumb throb because your not hanging on for dear life :beercheers:

It's not too bad, just time consuming. I put on on racnjasen's ltr when he bought his. Some of the plastics had to come off.

I just did a Topic on basically the same issue. I am going to go with a Dual gasser from ALba.

This will keep both option open. :beercheers:

Dual Gasser throttle

Code: T10038-XX

Mfg: TERRY CABLE

Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds

Works With:

Sale Price: $134.95

Regular Price: 149.95

Select Color BlackBluePolishedRed

Include Adapter Cable? NoneLTZ400/KFX400 Cable [$26.95]LTR450 Cable [$26.95]DS650 Cable [$26.95]

Quantity:

Two Is Better Then One

A high performance thumb and twist throttle for your quad/ATV handlebars. Machined from aircraft grade aluminum and features a switch to enable use of both throttle options or only the twist throttle option or just the thumb throttle option.

NOTE: If you are installing the Dual Gasser Throttle on one of the following ATVs you will need a special replacement throttle cable that sells for $26.95.

Vehicles that Require Adapter Cable:

Suzuki LTZ400

Suzuki LTR450

Kawasaki KFX400

Can-Am DS650

READ ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad and me bought a twist throttle for our raptor 700 from streamline performance and I was very disappointed in the engineering of it ( you would think if we are paying good money for a product it would at least work) :clap: . First we bought the throttle from a local ATV parts store in so. Cal and it did not work properly. Then we drove over an hour to where they where located to complain and explain to them why their sh#@ty product was not working properly :dunno: . They gave us a new one and it still didn’t work! :beercheers: The throttle kept on getting stuck and the return speed of the throttle was terrible. Our Raptor 700 still has a thumb throttle. :laughing:

I would recommend any other company but Streamline performance!

I've been riding for about almost 4 years now, so long dune rides doesn't kill me. I don't really hold on for dear life. Lol.. I just have really small hands (My gloves are size medium for youth). I don't mind taking apart my bike since I'm a DIY type person. I've already taken the thing half apart before. I was also looking at the dual gasser as well. I was going to buy it from Parts Direct but then I found out they're no longer in business. :(

So I guess the next question would be.. Alba or Moose dual gasser??

Does anyone have it?? Or good is it? Is the thumb throttle stiff?? Hows the response time with the twist? Halloween is around the corner!!!

the dual throttle is not made by ALBA it is just SOLD by alba.. the manufacturer is terry cable.

I would recommend giving thumpertalk a call especially if your a vegas local as they will take care of you on the price of that thing... I do remember it being alot less than 140 bucks especially if your a vegas local. and the terry cable units are good pieces but if your going to go with a twist then why bother with trying to retain the thumb throttle.. after a weekend of riding with a twist throttle your going to want to loose that thumb throttle piece.. :D