Worst Crash!

duneshredder911

• 1 month later...

Dumont Pres. weekend 05' on my 04'YZ450f riding a 4th gear wheelie across the flats across from vendors, I came up over the little finger rise and she looped out on me. :stirthepot: Landed right on my a$$ sitting position. It had been raining all weekend, so the sand was alot harder. All in all I rec'd a compression fracture in 2 vertebrae. Ambulance and rangers showed up, and wanted to transport. I knew I was hurt bad, but preg wife was back at camp, and had no idea what happened. There was no way she could load up camp, and my buggy, so I had to suck it up and refuse transport. Some guys put my bike in the back of their truck, and drove me back to camp. 2 hrs later, Got camp loaded up and ready to go, but just one thing. The wife has never driven with a trailer, let alone drive a stickshift either! I figure I am gonna have to drive out of there all the way home to Apple Valley, CA. But she came through big time. She says how hard can it be? :laughoff:... Never stalled it once all the way home. 3 hrs later, I'm home but I have to get the buggy in the garage before heading down to Kaiser :banghead:...2 hrs later get to the ER and they wont help me out of the car! liability crap! This was the longest most painful day of my life! I was done with the dunes for life! Untill I got a deal on a Banshee last March, and have been back 2 times so far. Needless to say I got major goosebumps when I passed the spot again.

Dumont Pres. weekend 05' on my 04'YZ450f riding a 4th gear wheelie across the flats across from vendors, I came up over the little finger rise and she looped out on me. :banghead: Landed right on my a$$ sitting position. It had been raining all weekend, so the sand was alot harder. All in all I rec'd a compression fracture in 2 vertebrae. Ambulance and rangers showed up, and wanted to transport. I knew I was hurt bad, but preg wife was back at camp, and had no idea what happened. There was no way she could load up camp, and my buggy, so I had to suck it up and refuse transport. Some guys put my bike in the back of their truck, and drove me back to camp. 2 hrs later, Got camp loaded up and ready to go, but just one thing. The wife has never driven with a trailer, let alone drive a stickshift either! I figure I am gonna have to drive out of there all the way home to Apple Valley, CA. But she came through big time. She says how hard can it be? :driver:... Never stalled it once all the way home. 3 hrs later, I'm home but I have to get the buggy in the garage before heading down to Kaiser :banghead:...2 hrs later get to the ER and they wont help me out of the car! liability crap! This was the longest most painful day of my life! I was done with the dunes for life! Untill I got a deal on a Banshee last March, and have been back 2 times so far. Needless to say I got major goosebumps when I passed the spot again.

Wow! That's a helluva story. You seem like you went through ALOT that weekend! :laughoff::stirthepot: Glad to hear that didn't stop you for good though. :D:laughoff:

I hit a dog on a sprt bike at about 120mph. Funny thing is , the dog was on the race track......I cut the dog in half (mastif) and did a nice over the bars move/ hand stand at 115 or so.....went sliding for 400-500 ft or so and broke 5 bones.

Had small problem on my banshee in the desert, I hate the desert.....I really hate the desert, did I say I hate the desert? Broke the helmet, got knocked out for a couple minutes, got a nice titanium cheek for it now. It looks cool , holds my cheek/eye/skull together.

Due to ther life accidents I have a lower lumber fusion also, like the pics above but thats small scale, Ive got rods, plates and screws abit higher in the back. Scars.....you could see right through me during surgery.....about 8 inches , front and back.

I love the sand cause its soft.....as long as I dont hit somebody else it isnt to bad. I did have my closest call ever just two weeks ago at sandhollow, with an idiot.....jumping with no vision or spotter, he almost got me bad.....

Edited by 1320

I hit a dog on a sprt bike at about 120mph. Funny thing is , the dog was on the race track......I cut the dog in half (mastif) and did a nice over the bars move/ hand stand at 115 or so.....went sliding for 400-500 ft or so and broke 5 bones.

Had small problem on my banshee in the desert, I hate the desert.....I really hate the desert, did I say I hate the desert? Broke the helmet, got knocked out for a couple minutes, got a nice titanium cheek for it now. It looks cool , holds my cheek/eye/skull together.

Due to ther life accidents I have a lower lumber fusion also, like the pics above but thats small scale, Ive got rods, plates and screws abit higher in the back. Scars.....you could see right through me during surgery.....about 8 inches , front and back.

I love the sand cause its soft.....as long as I dont hit somebody else it isnt to bad. I did have my closest call ever just two weeks ago at sandhollow, with an idiot.....jumping with no vision or spotter, he almost got me bad.....

My worst crash was in the desert also.I dont know anything about it because I was unconscious.Pete called 911 and they Life Flighted me to UMC hospital.It broke my helmet but the bike ended up worse than I.

I know more about spinal fusion than anyone else.My entire spine is fused,4 steel rods,crossbars and alot of hooks and screws.

Doctor said I wouldnt be able to ride anymore :idea::laughoff:

My worst crash was in the desert also.I dont know anything about it because I was unconscious.Pete called 911 and they Life Flighted me to UMC hospital.It broke my helmet but the bike ended up worse than I.

I know more about spinal fusion than anyone else.My entire spine is fused,4 steel rods,crossbars and alot of hooks and screws.

Doctor said I wouldnt be able to ride anymore :idea::laughoff:

Yep it was a pretty scarey incident, knowing he already has steel rods in his back and he ragdolled through the desert I didn't know what to expect when I went over to him. :laughoff:

:laughoff:

post-3-1154788994.jpg

post-3-1154789034.jpg

post-3-1154789085.jpg

Last year at dumont (thanksgiving weekend) I flipped my 05 450r coming down comp hill. Hit the whoops to fast. Broke my collar bone. Then memorial day weekend at armagosa i hit a witches eye, my chin hit the handle bars, cut it open. jammed my collar bone again.

No real bad wrecks for me, my worst one though was out in the desert also.. Riding south of boulder city a rock snuck in front of my front tire and sent me rolling. hurt my knee pretty good, i couldnt bend it for 2 days, and got a concusion and tunnel vision too.

All of your pictures is the reason i like to have e rollcage around me!! I have only had one nasty wreck in my old mazzone car , We were at little sahara utah 4th of july 2005 and Emma our 5yr old at the time went for a little crez thru the dunes. When Emma is in the car i always take it easy and she is always wearing her helmet and neck brace !!! we were cruzing thru the smaller dunes 1st gear and Emma kept yelling at me to look at something on her side of the car and when i took my eyes off of were we were going we came up on about a 14' drop off :idea: we landed on the nose of the car and rolled on the front tires for about ten feet before the rear end came down,HARD......... the right fron lower arm snaped in , the left rear bearing carrier sheered the shock bolt off and bent the shaft on the shock ,bent one of the lower five link bars and sheerde two of the bolts off of the carrier!!! The rest of the car did its job :laughoff: Emma bit her lip when we landed , I have never been so scared in my life, i almost hurt my little girl !! Emma was a trooper though we walked back to camp and with some creative wratchet strap engineering we drove the car back to camp. It wasn't but an hour later and Emma was asking when we were going to get the car fixed so we could go back out into the dunes!!! post-121-1154873609.jpg post-121-1154873662.jpg post-121-1154873716.jpg post-121-1154873770.jpg

Hopefully LIMODRIVER can chime in he has a very EARY crash story!

Edited by trickyLS-2racer