Worst Crash!

duneshredder911

My worst crash was about 4 months ago i was ridin a minnie rail thing, and took a turn a little to fast,(and the back tires were really low i didnt know)and lost control an rolled it a couple time and slid for a while.Outcome:compound break, dislocated, and riped all the skin off my arm.i now have to titanium plates :drinkbeer: an got a skinn graph.i should be good for next season.luckly my buddy only got a minor cuncison(i dont think thats spelled right)

Hmmm..let's see- WHICH ONE.... :idea:

Probably for me it would be an accident I had back in 98 or so. My buddy and I went out to ride a track out at Pabco. The last time I was there I was too chicken sh*t to take this double jump that was right out of a turn/burm. Well this time I had the confidence but not the speed. I pinned it in 3rd gear right out of the turn (I was on my YZ250). I was like hell yeah I'm hittin this biatch! .........Well I hit the jump no problem, but found out in mid air that since last time I was there somebody moved the landing another 10 feet or so. I would have cleared it w/ no problem, but instead I cased the landing with my FRONT tire. :angry: :banghead: went flying over the bars on the impact and landed in front of the bike. I got up quickly and looked at my right hand which hurt like hell. It wasn't really in the right spot coming out of the sleeve of my jersey. :laughoff: I tried picking my bike up (like an idiot) because I was too worried about someone landing on me and the bike. Some dude came running over to me and helped me off the track. My ex-girlfriend and my buddy, Tom drove me to the ER and went into surgery and they placed 2 (external) pins in my arm for about 1.5- 2 months.

The real pain was when they finally had to remove them. The doc came in the room w/ a clipboard and a pair of needle nose pliers!!! :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: I was like WTF are those for! He said- you'll see, don't worry about it. Holy hell that was some of the worst pain I have ever been through. The pins were about 2 inches long and only stuck out of my arm about a 1/4 inch! :shocked2:

I don't ride tracks anymore. :flipoff:

BROKENARMPIC.jpg

Another bad accident I had was when I flew off my Grizzly 660 w/ my new mud tires on it. I was only wearing shorts and Vans. My leg got sucked under the back tire, I reached for the handlebar and hit the throttle ripping my leg all to hell. :driver: Then I had to ride 7 miles home in the heat of July bleeding all over myself. :thumbsdown: I got stitches and was treated for 3rd degree burns all down my leg. WEAR THE PROTECTIVE GEAR EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST GOING OUT FOR A LIL PUTT PUTT RIDE!!!

Even in all the pain I managed to take a pic. Some call me crazy. :drinkbeer::dunno::laughing:

S2010037.jpg

Frist weekend on my new 2 wheeler. First weekend in glamis. First weekend back on a 2 wheeler in 5 years... I got over confident didnt know how to read the dunes and went sailing off a razor 3rd wfo.. dropped about 30 feet would have pulled it off if it wasnt for the super stiff suspension from being brand new... when the suspension rebounded my feet were 1 foot above the pegs give or take and the rebound of the suspension broke my ankles... Wouldnt have been so bad if i was wearing riding boots but nooooooooo all i needed were hiking boots that weekend.. DOH!!!

Pete thinks breaking his wrists were bad all i gotta say was at least he could stand up to pee...

In November 2002 I was racing the Elisenore grand Prix. The little voice in my head had advised me to sleep in and forget the race but Nooooooooooooo! I took of in the quad class and about 1/2 way through the first lap as I was coming out of a gully some smuck came flying off the lip and landed his lt500 on the back of my pristine 250R. Apparently his quad also hit me in the lower back and sent me flying out of the ditch and about 25' up on top into a rocky area. I landed on my right hip and am lucky I didn't break it. Anyway when I woke up there were paramedics all around. They took me to the hospital where it seemed I was lucky as no broken bones. After getting home and waiting for the swelling to go down it was discovered that I had a seroma the size of a grapefruit on my hip. After several weeks with it not going away I had surgery to remove it. The surgeon was a great plastic surgeon for bolt on boobs I guess but not used to working with wounds. Anyway long story I had to have it done again and it still is not right. Back problems suck! :drinkbeer:

about 2 1/2 years ago i was going up a dune (first time at dumont) on a yfz450

and i started sliding so i gased it and i hit the razor and the bike flew out from under me and i landed right on my a$$. i didnt break anything but my back was sure sore...the bike wasnt so lucky.

I was stting in my chair around the campfire at Dumont and someone said Don got stuck again, so I started laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and pulled my pancreas. It was horible :laughoff: . J/K Don, we love you man :drinkbeer:

can i just say YOUCH first of all. and pete , you are a little crazy. lol

mine isnt so bad compared to you guys.

i was out at apex day after xmas. (for those of you who havent ridden there, its very rocky in most spots) so im following my brother up this pretty step hill. wasnt paying attn like i should of been, my brother went around a big rock that was right in the middle of the path. i wasnt so lucky to go around it. my front tires hit the big rock, i went over backwards on the bike and landed on another rock with my tailbone!! YOUCH luckily i was able to slip out of the way before my bike came down on top of me. man that was a long bike ride back to camp. never got out of 1st gear, and hurt like hell every bump. after trying to tough it out and walk it off back at the trailer, i ended up in the emergency room. nothing was broken, luckily. they gave me some pain meds and sent me home. had a hard time sitting down for about 2 months after that. fun times. NOT . lol

sorry, no pics of my sore a$$. lol lol

can i just say YOUCH first of all. and pete , you are a little crazy. lol

mine isnt so bad compared to you guys.

i was out at apex day after xmas. (for those of you who havent ridden there, its very rocky in most spots) so im following my brother up this pretty step hill. wasnt paying attn like i should of been, my brother went around a big rock that was right in the middle of the path. i wasnt so lucky to go around it. my front tires hit the big rock, i went over backwards on the bike and landed on another rock with my tailbone!! YOUCH luckily i was able to slip out of the way before my bike came down on top of me. man that was a long bike ride back to camp. never got out of 1st gear, and hurt like hell every bump. after trying to tough it out and walk it off back at the trailer, i ended up in the emergency room. nothing was broken, luckily. they gave me some pain meds and sent me home. had a hard time sitting down for about 2 months after that. fun times. NOT . lol

sorry, no pics of my sore a$$. lol lol

Do you need someone to massage your tailbone? :drinkbeer:

Hmmm..let's see- WHICH ONE.... :idea:

Probably for me it would be an accident I had back in 98 or so. My buddy and I went out to ride a track out at Pabco. The last time I was there I was too chicken sh*t to take this double jump that was right out of a turn/burm. Well this time I had the confidence but not the speed. I pinned it in 3rd gear right out of the turn (I was on my YZ250). I was like hell yeah I'm hittin this biatch! .........Well I hit the jump no problem, but found out in mid air that since last time I was there somebody moved the landing another 10 feet or so. I would have cleared it w/ no problem, but instead I cased the landing with my FRONT tire. :angry: :banghead: went flying over the bars on the impact and landed in front of the bike. I got up quickly and looked at my right hand which hurt like hell. It wasn't really in the right spot coming out of the sleeve of my jersey. :laughoff: I tried picking my bike up (like an idiot) because I was too worried about someone landing on me and the bike. Some dude came running over to me and helped me off the track. My ex-girlfriend and my buddy, Tom drove me to the ER and went into surgery and they placed 2 (external) pins in my arm for about 1.5- 2 months.

The real pain was when they finally had to remove them. The doc came in the room w/ a clipboard and a pair of needle nose pliers!!! :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: I was like WTF are those for! He said- you'll see, don't worry about it. Holy hell that was some of the worst pain I have ever been through. The pins were about 2 inches long and only stuck out of my arm about a 1/4 inch! :shocked2:

I don't ride tracks anymore. :flipoff:

BROKENARMPIC.jpg

Another bad accident I had was when I flew off my Grizzly 660 w/ my new mud tires on it. I was only wearing shorts and Vans. My leg got sucked under the back tire, I reached for the handlebar and hit the throttle ripping my leg all to hell. :driver: Then I had to ride 7 miles home in the heat of July bleeding all over myself. :thumbsdown: I got stitches and was treated for 3rd degree burns all down my leg. WEAR THE PROTECTIVE GEAR EVEN IF YOU ARE JUST GOING OUT FOR A LIL PUTT PUTT RIDE!!!

Even in all the pain I managed to take a pic. Some call me crazy. :drinkbeer::dunno::laughing:

S2010037.jpg

Friggin Pete!!!!!!! Dude, YOU AINT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Taking pics with burns and all. Twisted Biatch

I was stting in my chair around the campfire at Dumont and someone said Don got stuck again, so I started laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and pulled my pancreas. It was horible :laughoff: . J/K Don, we love you man :thumb:

That's hilarious.....I don't even want to know how or if you can pull your pancreas!! It just doesn't sound good. :laughoff:

My worst crash was about 4 months ago i was ridin a minnie rail thing, and took a turn a little to fast,(and the back tires were really low i didnt know)and lost control an rolled it a couple time and slid for a while.Outcome:compound break, dislocated, and riped all the skin off my arm.i now have to titanium plates :thumb: an got a skinn graph.i should be good for next season.luckly my buddy only got a minor cuncison(i dont think thats spelled right)

Hey duneshredder911, was your accident at Dumont? What kind of car was it? Any damage to the car? Just curious. :laughoff:

I got a little story,

About 2.5 years ago I thought I was a bad a$$ too. :thumb:

At El Mirage dry lake bed, about 100deg, 70mph, I nailed a whoop that sent me over the bars of an 82' Honda XR200R with a blown rear shock. Idiot! :laughoff:

About two hours later I was air lifted to Arrowhead hospital where I got some titanium, right through the femur. Fun stuff. Thank God I didn’t need a cast. never had one and I'm terrified of em.

Check out the pic of the x-ray.

R-

post-591-1147464441_thumb.jpg

not to say that any one was worse, but since i have the issue with gravity.....apparently it is a law....not an option....ill post a couple of what I got.

cankle

post-693-1147801498_thumb.jpg

broken ankle...in yamaha blue casting

post-693-1147801532_thumb.jpg

bent up 426

post-693-1147801620_thumb.jpg

courtsey of a sand rail

post-693-1147801741_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

• 4 weeks later...

My worst crash was being a pasenger in a Blackhawk Helicopter while practicing Mountaintop landings and hitting a windsheer. Here are a few pictures of the results. 6 back surgeries so far and at least 1 more to go. And just for the "RECORD" they called this a hard landing and not a crash. If the GOVT. assaholes would let me show you the pictures of the friggin helicopter, I think we would all agree it was a CRASH.

post-225-1150239749.jpg

post-225-1150239769.jpg

post-225-1150239790.jpg

post-225-1150239803.jpg

post-225-1150239814.jpg

post-225-1150239832.jpg

post-225-1150239846.jpg

Edited by ORIGINALPIMP