New to dunes

schizo

For a renegade 800, would a set of mudlite XL's do the trick or are dune tires the only way to go?

And for a dirt bike, is getting both the front and back dune tires recommended or just the rear paddle good enough? How hot does dumont get in the month of february? i was told hot, but how hot is hot?

1. No idea

2. Rear is all you need

3. Beautiful weather

The only really big problem is you are hooked the first time you go and will end up spending every spare penny available and many a night laying awake thinking about sand, if you are cool with this then roll out :offtopic::laughing:

[quote name='britincali' date='Dec 10 2008, 03:54 PM' post='161339'

The only really big problem is you are hooked the first time you go and will end up spending every spare penny available and many a night laying awake thinking about sand, if you are cool with this then roll out :offtopic::laughing:

You do that too. I thought I was the only one. :censored:

1. I put a set of super badass mud tires on my Grizzly and it seemed to slow it down in the sand a bit. For a quad like that, a set of paddles is best.

2. yep, what brit said. You only need a paddle for the rear. You can still have fun on a knobbie, but it's kind of a waste of time and hard on your bike.

3. Feb hot? no way. It's perfect weather around that time. Check the average temps on the weather websites for Tecopa or Shoshone, CA. I think it's in the high 70's or low 80's in Feb for the high temps.

1. No idea

2. Rear is all you need

3. Beautiful weather

What he said...

the renegade 800 should do good in the sand on those tires...not optimal, but good. with as heavy as that bike is, if you are looking for paddles, call fullerton sand sports...those guys know their shi....errrrr stuff :beerpint:

over the last 5 years for superbowl weekend, we had 4 times of outstanding weather, actually running the AC on a couple days, then last year cold as hell, lows in the 30s...highs in the 40's to 50's wind HOWLING

Feb. is awesome weather at Dumont. Only Jan. is better.

I've seen three Renegades in the dunes so far and all of them were running the stock tires aired down. With the power that they have they had no problem getting anywhere. And fast at that. For such a heavy beast they sure can haul some azz. Nowhere in the dunes that they cannot navigate. CanAm rocks!

:beerpint: Yep, I've got the 800 Outlander Max XT and it's about as heavy as they come...and with the stock tires aired down a little, it goes up Comp and any other hill at the "D".

Geezzz, Paddles and 4 wheel drive would turn me into a sand plow..... :whistle:

Like everyone has already said, Super Bowl is typically excellent out there, except for last year, it was like Sand Storm of the Century.....60mph plus winds.

SP2 Mike

:whistle: Yep, I've got the 800 Outlander Max XT and it's about as heavy as they come...and with the stock tires aired down a little, it goes up Comp and any other hill at the "D".

Geezzz, Paddles and 4 wheel drive would turn me into a sand plow..... :rolleyes:

Like everyone has already said, Super Bowl is typically excellent out there, except for last year, it was like Sand Storm of the Century.....60mph plus winds.

SP2 Mike

you going superbowl weekend mike?

geez are we going to have to start a thread already??? :beerpint:

Edited by richard cheese

one guy i dune with has a renegade with pipe, fullerton sand tires,cdi box, and a buncha other stuff i don't know what. when he first got it i tried it box stock, (including tires) up steepest/longest part at comp...way off to the right, and it went up about as good as my ds650baja does WITH paddles. it's my favorite bike, hands down. yup, it's heavy....so what? thats what makes it ride like a caddilac. :whistle: i agree with the freak, you will ruin it for the dunes if you replace those tires with anything but the RIGHT paddles. when i run comp with my other friends yfz, i beat him by several bike lengths every time. be careful out there and enjoy, oh master :beerpint: