SNAP goes the axle

dunefreak

I wish!!!

It was already broken from a little trip out to Nellis Dunes monday night :shake:

It will be back on the road tomorrow though.

Gearworks has some badass ideas for a BULLETPROOF axle design.They will be able to hold 500HP :blink:

Ya know that 1.6L is putting out 750 HP so I just might still have problems so I will have to take it easy.

I wont use reverse!!!

:pics::assblast::dayum:

P.S :mex::flipoff::flipoff: to you Pete :lol:

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Hard to tell by the pics but if it's actually spooled maybe the outside ends of the splines don't have a radius and wore a stress point at the edge of the spline contact. Seen 300M alloy gun drilled axles break clean a few inches away from the splines because of "cyclic fatigue failure due to hydrogen embrittlement" :pics: , translated.... sloppy heat treating (quench and temper) and the rockwell hardness up 3-4 points higher than specs. Stock axles are kinda like torsions. You can see in your pics a definite boundry where the hard outer part ends. I've seen diagonal breaks but not splintered like this. Even has a spot that fractured lengthwise. Were you going through some whoops or something that was loading and unloading the wheel with a lot of throttle?

post-1632-1229672248_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1229672295_thumb.jpg

300M gundrilled

Edited by RUn2it

Hard to tell by the pics but if it's actually spooled maybe the outside ends of the splines don't have a radius and wore a stress point at the edge of the spline contact. Seen 300M alloy gun drilled axles break clean a few inches away from the splines because of "cyclic fatigue failure due to hydrogen embrittlement" :pics: , translated.... sloppy heat treating (quench and temper) and the rockwell hardness up 3-4 points higher than specs. Stock axles are kinda like torsions. You can see in your pics a definite boundry where the hard outer part ends. I've seen diagonal breaks but not splintered like this. Even has a spot that fractured lengthwise. Were you going through some whoops or something that was loading and unloading the wheel with a lot of throttle?

I was on flat land about half throttle in 2 wheel drive doing a power slide in sand.I was at the dunes.

I can bet money that it was so fatigued from me running very low air pressure a couple of times with mud terrains on the street.I would take it very easy around corners but the whole truck would buck and jump around corners.

:rhino:

:pics:

^ can't do half the chit Bert's Tracker can and costs about 10 times the money his Tracker cost. :assblast:

He's upgrading the axles so it dosn't break again. Only reason he broke it is cause the jackass drove around on the street a few times with having a spool and before he aired the tires down. That fatigued the axle and twisted the splines making them weak. :dayum:

^ can't do half the chit Bert's Tracker can and costs about 10 times the money his Tracker cost. :idiot:

He's upgrading the axles so it dosn't break again. Only reason he broke it is cause the jackass drove around on the street a few times with having a spool and before he aired the tires down. That fatigued the axle and twisted the splines making them weak. :dope:

The axles in the pics I uploaded are being upgraded, some new exotic material, forget the name but check this out,just the material cost for 2 short course truck axles and 2 trophy truck axles ... $10,000.00!!! Here is a composite pic of the short course truck before the axle broke. As for the reason the old axle snapped other than the Rockwell issue I haven't a clue. :thumb::flipoff::laughoff:

post-1632-1229799815_thumb.jpg

The axles in the pics I uploaded are being upgraded, some new exotic material, forget the name but check this out,just the material cost for 2 short course truck axles and 2 trophy truck axles ... $10,000.00!!! Here is a composite pic of the short course truck before the axle broke. As for the reason the old axle snapped other than the Rockwell issue I haven't a clue. :flipoff::laughoff::idiot:

post-1632-1229799815_thumb.jpg

:idiot: Who knew? :pics: .... :dope:

That's Awesome Lee! The Jump and your picture! :thumb:

R-

:think: Who knew? :slap: .... :beat:

That's Awesome Lee! The Jump and your picture! :lol:

R-

almost as good as the pics of your wheelie across the SIDE of a dune on 1rear wheel then the other before an all 4 wheel off the ground lawn darting.... :blink::blury::dayum::clap::clap:

LEFT WHEEL

post-1632-1229900057_thumb.jpg

RIGHT WHEEL

post-1632-1229900155_thumb.jpg

NO WHEELS

post-1632-1229900262_thumb.jpg

FRONT WHEELS

post-1632-1229900334_thumb.jpg

Edited by RUn2it

almost as good as the pics of your wheelie across the SIDE of a dune on 1rear wheel then the other before an all 4 wheel off the ground lawn darting.... :slap::dayum::beat::blink::lol:

:ah: :ah: :ah: What an Iddiot.

Why buy a car if you're gonna drive like that. :clap:

If you wanna run use legs not wheels. :think:

:B

Edited by Randog

only 1 thing comes to mind .......TRANSFORMER WHEELIEBOT ----> MEGADOGTRON!

post-1632-1229916603_thumb.jpg

Whoa. :dayum: Dude, them are some runnin' legs. :foshizz:

"ONE" thing in your mind Lee ??? You're :lol: ... :beat:

This might just put a new meaning on "Dune Run". :ah:

Run mafackazzz Run!

:slap:

BTW: how's the Tracker? :clap: