Going Pro

TheAlaskan

wow what kind of camera is that? VERY clear!!!!

its called a Go Pro......what this whole thread is about lol...... they are great camera's, I highly recomend them, they even come in HD now which look rediculously good, just a little to pricey for me right now.

check them out here! < official site

I was just watching some of the HD video samples tonight.......Damn I want one!!! Some of the sky diving videos brought back some good memories and made my heart beat faster!

Edited by TheAlaskan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still wanna see one of the cheap(under a hundy i think) go-pros without the wide angle. seems like everyone got the expensive camera and all you see is a speck if yer more than ten yards from the camera. we got some great videos but i still think the cheaper one mite be better for what we do in the dunes....comments anyone?

I forgot i had one till i came across this post. It been stilling in my gear bag over a year...anyway... I dont know which one it is. All it says is "hero" on the front. no other markings or model number on it. How can you tell if its the wide or cheapie?

I forgot i had one till i came across this post. It been stilling in my gear bag over a year...anyway... I dont know which one it is. All it says is "hero" on the front. no other markings or model number on it. How can you tell if its the wide or cheapie?

I just checked mine out and compared it to the standard lense online. To me it looks like the only difference is the lense itself. the wide angle lense looks like a bubble and the normal looks flat. I wouldn't call it a cheapie though, just different shooting angle.

Try it out and post up a video, I know a lot of people on here were wondering what a normal angle lense looks like and how it would look in the dunes.

Here's one of the videos that never got put up from last season. I just got it downloaded on youtube. at about 38 seconds in a rock nails the lense cover of the camera...didn't even leave a mark.

There's a couple of good shots going up the backside of comp and looking over the edge. I think around 3min, and 4:30

Ends with a little drag race, and yes, that's my buddy I raced still coming up the hill as I'm turning around :laughing:

Click for Video

Ian. What software are you using to edit your video? They look much crisper than mine. I want the HD as well.

Ian. What software are you using to edit your video? They look much crisper than mine. I want the HD as well.

No editing was done to any of my videos. I just downloaded them directly from the memory stick onto my computer. My laptop has the ports to put the memory sticks directly in, don't know if that makes a difference in quality or not...

I would like to do some editing and splice it all together and add music, just havent gotten around to it yet. Maybe over my christmas vacation when I have some free time.

No editing was done to any of my videos. I just downloaded them directly from the memory stick onto my computer. My laptop has the ports to put the memory sticks directly in, don't know if that makes a difference in quality or not...

I would like to do some editing and splice it all together and add music, just havent gotten around to it yet. Maybe over my christmas vacation when I have some free time.

I put my memory card in my computer but I cant do anything with it till I use it in Windows movie maker which seems to reduce the quality. I need to figure something out with this.

I put my memory card in my computer but I cant do anything with it till I use it in Windows movie maker which seems to reduce the quality. I need to figure something out with this.

yO Mike,

I was having the same quality issue with Windows Movie Maker.

I started using an older version of PowerDirector.

It's a tad tougher to use at first, but the final quality is way better than WMM.

Look for that software mmmmANg.

R-

I have one as well, Its a fun camera. I hope you didn't pay full price, I had told people on here I can get them a deal on them.

Don't skimp on batteries! I learned the hard way with them crapping out midrun in the sand.

what's the good guy price on the hd cam? anyone got a good deal on an hd gopro?

what's the good guy price on the hd cam? anyone got a good deal on an hd gopro?

My boss at the dealership became a dealer for Go Pro earlier this year, I'm going to see what he can get the HD for and what price he'll sell them at today

My boss at the dealership became a dealer for Go Pro earlier this year, I'm going to see what he can get the HD for and what price he'll sell them at today

Please do tell. I am going to call thumpertalk and see if they have got them in yet. That is where I got my other one.

Hey Mike, I've never tried windows movie maker. I just saved them to my hard drive and watch them on my comp through windows media player, and uploaded them directly on youtube with out editing.... never had any problems with just playing them directly off my hard drive without editing.

Hey Mike, I've never tried windows movie maker. I just saved them to my hard drive and watch them on my comp through windows media player, and uploaded them directly on youtube with out editing.... never had any problems with just playing them directly off my hard drive without editing.

I am not sure what the porblem is with my computer. So I called thumpertalk and they never got any in and said they were back ordered and don't know when they would get any in. IF your boss can't get tany looks like I will be going the rout of Ebay.

mike best bet is to place an order for one so your name is on it and just tell them to have em call you when it comes in. the distributor sends to BO customers first and im sure there are a list of em waiting on them. I heard gopro was cracking down on the e-bay for cutting the prices on em.. but im sure umm if you aggree to pay "FULL LOCALS" price at thumpertalk they shouldnt b*tch about it :P

There's a couple of good shots going up the backside of comp and looking over the edge. I think around 3min, and 4:30

Click for Video

When was this? Dunes look niiiiiice...

SWEEEEEEET video, but the backside of comp thing made me queezy :thumb: thats bad not only can I NOT do that, I can't watch it either! :idea::laughoff:

mike best bet is to place an order for one so your name is on it and just tell them to have em call you when it comes in. the distributor sends to BO customers first and im sure there are a list of em waiting on them. I heard gopro was cracking down on the e-bay for cutting the prices on em.. but im sure umm if you aggree to pay "FULL LOCALS" price at thumpertalk they shouldnt b*tch about it :P

Jodi just got me one for Xmas. :thumb: . Now I just need to sell my previous one so that I can get me a big fat 32gb card to go in it. :laughoff:

My brother-in-law told me they can't really cut the price just yet. If they get caught doing that they will lose their distributer abilities from gopro.

If you go onto gopro.com you can download the software to make the regular cameras hold upto an 8gb card. It was very easy to do.

My brother-in-law told me they can't really cut the price just yet. If they get caught doing that they will lose their distributer abilities from gopro.

If you go onto gopro.com you can download the software to make the regular cameras hold upto an 8gb card. It was very easy to do.

Just did the firmware upgrade. Thanks for the tip. I have the Hd ordered. The on I have now will be way better with the upgrade now. The firmware is also supposed to help the recording quality when in bright light situations which has been my biggest problem with it so far.

I'll have to try that when I get home :laughoff:

When was this? Dunes look niiiiiice...

SWEEEEEEET video, but the backside of comp thing made me queezy :laughing: thats bad not only can I NOT do that, I can't watch it either! :thumb::laughing:

That was last march Jodi

>>>>> I posted this up on the other Go-Pro thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

I can get the HD cameras for $230, we will be ordering some soon so if your interested send me a P.M. and I'll be sure one has your name on it.

Local pick-up only, no shipping...Vegas/Henderson area

That was last march Jodi

>>>>> I posted this up on the other Go-Pro thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

I can get the HD cameras for $230, we will be ordering some soon so if your interested send me a P.M. and I'll be sure one has your name on it.

Local pick-up only, no shipping...Vegas/Henderson area

Is that camera only or attachments and hard case included too?

yO Mike,

I was having the same quality issue with Windows Movie Maker.

I started using an older version of PowerDirector.

It's a tad tougher to use at first, but the final quality is way better than WMM.

Look for that software mmmmANg.

R-

OK. Just load up Powerdirector8. Lokks way harder to use than moviemaker but the quality is about twice as good. I wish I would have picked up on this one earlier. Thanks for tip Randy.

Here is the first re-edit using the powerdirector8 that I just picked up. It is a lot harder to work with but way better software.\

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8159372&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8159372&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="

Remix</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2519241">Mike Geen</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI for anyone with a G0-Pro camera.....

Took mine out to Brianhead this weekend and had it mounted to my board with one of the stickie mounts, Apparently those mounts don't like the cold cause the second time filming down the hill somewhere between the peak and the base it disappeared.