Going Pro

TheAlaskan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The videos are up! Not all of them yet because youtube sucks and wont let me put up the last three for some reason. They are unedited with no music because of all of youtubes anti copyright infringement B.S. So it is what it is........enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Mather...amp;view=videos

:assblast: Those are cool Ian.

Made me feel like I was there on that ride with you guys. :mc:

When I was recording with mine, I changed the sound setting to 'high'.

Don't do it. It makes the sound horrible. Yours sounds good hearing the motor and all. :mc:

That's why I put music in it. O'well maybe I'll post one up without music. :dayum:

Glad you're diggin' on that gadget. :freakin_nuts:

R-

I'll have mine runnin' this weekend too SKINNER. :blink:

Yeah deffinately leave the audio on low. It's hard to hear us talking but the motors sounded pretty much the same so i thought it turned out well. Next time we go out I think im going to have to make someone else wear the camera so I can lead a ride or two and see what kind of trouble I can get into.

Pretty damn cool, Ian. Good job.

I kinda want one now too. :freakin_nuts: I'd love to capture some of those crazy Pastrana rides that I've been on with friends...aka 5th gear bumper quad rides. Ask sandseeker. :ah: :assblast:

Pretty damn cool, Ian. Good job.

I kinda want one now too. :freakin_nuts: I'd love to capture some of those crazy Pastrana rides that I've been on with friends...aka 5th gear bumper quad rides. Ask sandseeker. :ah: :assblast:

or those early morning warm up rides on the 2 wheelers.. :dayum:

in case anyones interested the aaa batts are 48 for 13 bucs at costco(kirkland) and they have a coupon in the mail right now for memory cards for 2 for ????oh, hell i forget....but it's 5 to 7 dollars offa pack of 2 to 4 sd cards.

still wanna see one of the cheap(under a hundy i think) go-pros without the wide angle. seems like everyone got the expensive camera and all you see is a speck if yer more than ten yards from the camera. we got some great videos but i still think the cheaper one mite be better for what we do in the dunes....comments anyone?

still wanna see one of the cheap(under a hundy i think) go-pros without the wide angle. seems like everyone got the expensive camera and all you see is a speck if yer more than ten yards from the camera. we got some great videos but i still think the cheaper one mite be better for what we do in the dunes....comments anyone?

I think the wide angle does great! I mean if your following people through the dunes how far away do you really want to be? In my opinion it makes the ride a little funner and a lot faster if your on the a$$ of the person in front of you and essentially playing leap frog if they cant keep the pace. (and keep your :bump: comments to yourselfs fuggers)

Does anyone have this one?Oregon Scientific ATC5K Helmet Camera Cam . I have been wanting to get this for a while but now I am thinking the GoPro might be better.

Edited by malibu vlx

I think randyvw has a valid question/point.

in most of the footage it's tough to tell who's who.

Hopefully some one has or will buy one of the standard ones so we can compare.

I think the wide angle does great! I mean if your following people through the dunes how far away do you really want to be? In my opinion it makes the ride a little funner and a lot faster if your on the a$$ of the person in front of you and essentially playing leap frog if they cant keep the pace. (and keep your :dayum: comments to yourselfs fuggers)

You have a good point too Ian, about how great these wide angle GoPros really work.

Especially for the money.

Lou B did a great job and stayed close to me on this little clip. >>>

<<<

Don't worry, I made this one short so no one gets bored. :bump:

:randog:

Edited by Randog

Does anyone have this one?Oregon Scientific ATC5K Helmet Camera Cam . I have been wanting to get this for a while but now I am thinking the GoPro might be better.

I have the ATC2K and am not impressed with it. The few times I took it out it usually shut off do to vibration. I havent heard about the 5K but if I were you mike I would get the GoPro. its just a better product. The ATC2K is just a video camera and only water resistant, whereas the GoPro is a camera or a video camera and waterproof up to 100ft. among other differences. I would deffinantly get the GoPro over Oregon Scientific.

I have the ATC2K and am not impressed with it. The few times I took it out it usually shut off do to vibration. I havent heard about the 5K but if I were you mike I would get the GoPro. its just a better product. The ATC2K is just a video camera and only water resistant, whereas the GoPro is a camera or a video camera and waterproof up to 100ft. among other differences. I would deffinantly get the GoPro over Oregon Scientific.

Thanks Ian. :bump:

The videos are up! Not all of them yet because youtube sucks and wont let me put up the last three for some reason. They are unedited with no music because of all of youtubes anti copyright infringement B.S. So it is what it is........enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Mather...amp;view=videos

That was BAD :booty: !!!!

I am going to keep those around for summertime when I need a fix!!! :headbang1::headbang1::headbang1:

Lou B did a great job and stayed close to me on this little clip. >>>

<<<

Don't worry, I made this one short so no one gets bored. :laughing:

:randog:

nice....but i betcha it would be better with the cheepie cam. i gotta get back to my friend that has the cheepie and do a comparison. the great thing about the wide angle is it gets everything that's even close to the camera. btw....took the kids bike riding at huntington beach the other day with my 5y/old with his helmet cam. they got a real kick out of it. same thing at disneyland last week. gettin a lot of use out of it.

nice....but i betcha it would be better with the cheepie cam. i gotta get back to my friend that has the cheepie and do a comparison. the great thing about the wide angle is it gets everything that's even close to the camera. btw....took the kids bike riding at huntington beach the other day with my 5y/old with his helmet cam. they got a real kick out of it. same thing at disneyland last week. gettin a lot of use out of it.

Yeah, I'm interested in the cheepie too.

Sucks that their website only has video of the wide lens cams. :laughing:

I'm also still waiting for the replacement glass lens kits to be available.

Mine's pretty dinged up from... well... " stayin' close enough to see who's in front of ya". :blah:

When I bought mine I had in mind all kinds of uses like mountain bikes too.

Glad you're using yours in multiple ways. :lol:

I used windows movie maker to make my little cheesy videos.

For some reason the software reduces the quality of the video. :loser:

This bumms me the :lol: out, cuz it's easy to use plus it's free.

I know, I got what I paid for..... :dope:

R-

• 2 months later...

I finally picked one up from ISBB. Thanks again Nick. It works very well. Now I just need to get better at using it. The suction mount is incredible. I put it through quite the test phase.

Edited by malibu vlx

• 5 months later...

Here's one of the videos that never got put up from last season. I just got it downloaded on youtube. at about 38 seconds in a rock nails the lense cover of the camera...didn't even leave a mark.

There's a couple of good shots going up the backside of comp and looking over the edge. I think around 3min, and 4:30

Ends with a little drag race, and yes, that's my buddy I raced still coming up the hill as I'm turning around :laughing:

Click for Video

Here's one of the videos that never got put up from last season. I just got it downloaded on youtube. at about 38 seconds in a rock nails the lense cover of the camera...didn't even leave a mark.

There's a couple of good shots going up the backside of comp and looking over the edge. I think around 3min, and 4:30

Ends with a little drag race, and yes, that's my buddy I raced still coming up the hill as I'm turning around :laughing:

Click for Video

wow what kind of camera is that? VERY clear!!!!