My soon to be new rail.. It's home!

scott

Well..... After looking and looking and more looking.. I have found a rail that I should be taking delivery of in the next week or so...

It's an 2005 Sand Cars Unlimited 5 seater.. Fox Bypass's all the way around. 934CV, Brand New Mendeola S4 built by Dave McDowell with the a Weddle (spelling??) Ring and Pinion.. A fresh Turn Key Twin Turbo 630HP LS6 that runs on pump gas, XM Radio and a nice sound system to go with it... Here are some pics...

I have come to the conclusion that I need my head examined... Big Time!!! My $35K budget went to hell in a handbag! :laughoff: Now I cant wait for it to cool down so I can get back out to Dumont to hang with you guys! :laughoff:

So what do you guys think?? Should I be institutionalized? :laughoff::laughoff:

post-637-1149696702.jpg

post-637-1149696721.jpg

post-637-1149696747.jpg

post-637-1149696796.jpg

post-637-1149696815.jpg

post-637-1149696839.jpg

Edited by scott

I Will be riding in that car someday!!! Congratulations Scott!!! What does the Mrs think?? Hopefully she loves it too!!!! See you @ Dumont!!

She likes it. Her only stipulation was that she got a new car first... She got that yesterday... I was planning on selling a 68 Camaro which I have had for about 15 years and did a full custom frame off on. I figure the car to be worth around 100K and anything close would pay off a lot of things... She told me yesterday not to sell it as I would probably regret doing so... I guess she is really on board with it. I figure she will love it............. Until I scare the hell out of her on the first ride.. :shocked2: Then the front seat will be open to my friends... :D

I figure she will love it............. Until I scare the hell out of her on the first ride.. :shocked2: Then the front seat will be open to my friends... :D

Nice car Scott. :blury:

I know the scare story oh so well. :coocoo:

Mine's only two seats so she doesn't even want to go unless I PROMISE not to get nuts.

Tough one to keep. I really do try. :flipoff:

Enjoy the ride! :shake:

R-

Nice ride... I have often thought that it would be less expensive to order the car without a motor and build or have something built... I have spent alot of time on LS1/LS6 web sites and can tell you that you can make 600+hp easly esp.with the new heads that GM is comming out with (L92) They flow like 18 deg heads and can be bought at any chevy dealer for under 1000 bucks ready to run I have looked at some engine supplyers sites and its amazing what there gettin for engines...

Please post pictures of this $100,000.00 Camaro. I have been restoring Chevy muscle cars for a long time and yet to see a 100k plus camaro. I know Reggie Jackson and a very small number of People have ZL1 camaros that will tip the 100k range. But if its not one of those...... yOUVE BEEN WATCHING TO MUCH BARRETT JACKSON crap. Now on to the new sand car. BAD a$$!!!!!! You got yourself a serious hotrod there. :mc_smiley:

Please post pictures of this $100,000.00 Camaro. I have been restoring Chevy muscle cars for a long time and yet to see a 100k plus camaro. I know Reggie Jackson and a very small number of People have ZL1 camaros that will tip the 100k range. But if its not one of those...... yOUVE BEEN WATCHING TO MUCH BARRETT JACKSON crap. Now on to the new sand car. BAD a$$!!!!!! You got yourself a serious hotrod there. :mc_smiley:

Here is a link to an feature that was done on the car back in 1999 from April Car Audio and Security magazine. The stereo shop that did the install basicly copied the text and included some pictures from the magazine feature.

http://www.sounds-good-stereo.com/ca_68camaro.html

Here are some engine shots..

Details on the Camaro are:

This was a full frame off that I built over the course of about 5 years..

Small block 400 bored 30 over with 350 polished long rods for stroke. AFR heads, Big Cam, Accel/DFI TPI.

Built 700R4 4 speed automatic tranny. Car has a 12 bolt Posi rear end, chromed end to end. Chromed Drive shaft, Chrome A-Arms, Chrome core support. 4 Wheel disk brakes, all powder coated, Custom polished Ron Davis radiator, Dakota Digital guage cluster, Custom leather Recarro seats with mathcing bolstered back seats and matching door panels. Power windows and door locks.. Billet tilt steering column, billet steering wheel, 17" Billet specialties wheels.. Anything that was not chromed was powdercoated.. Except the body of course. HUGE stereo and much much more..

post-637-1150211597.jpg

post-637-1150211638.jpg

post-637-1150212552.jpg

post-637-1150212569.jpg

Edited by scott

Scott, did you pick that rail up yet? :laughoff:

I am supposed to get it Sunday.... Funny thing is that I don't even own it yet and I had the current owner send it to a fabricator that Dave McDowell suggested to have a tranny pump mounted up. Dave Mcdowell just built a brand new S4 with a Weddle R&P for it and both went in today. Tomorrow the engine goes back in and either Saturday or Sunday, the car is supposed to be delivered....

Now I have to clean the garage..

Edited by scott

As soon as it gets here, I will be posting! :thumbsdown:

She's a comin!!!

Let me know when you get your rail. Id like to meet you out at dumont and Play in the sand. Im going through withdrawls!!!!!!! :shake::flipoff::flipoff:

Please post pictures of this $100,000.00 Camaro. I have been restoring Chevy muscle cars for a long time and yet to see a 100k plus camaro. I know Reggie Jackson and a very small number of People have ZL1 camaros that will tip the 100k range. But if its not one of those...... yOUVE BEEN WATCHING TO MUCH BARRETT JACKSON crap. Now on to the new sand car. BAD a$$!!!!!! You got yourself a serious hotrod there. :thumbsdown:

A good friend of mines dad has a huge Muscle car collection up in Idaho and he has a 69 Baldwin Motion Camaro 1 of 2 made only one know to still be in existance and that thing is pricless I was told over 1 million... and about 50 other cars that are wicked rare

A good friend of mines dad has a huge Muscle car collection up in Idaho and he has a 69 Baldwin Motion Camaro 1 of 2 made only one know to still be in existance and that thing is pricless I was told over 1 million... and about 50 other cars that are wicked rare

Nice car. I've always wanted one of those.

Scott, is all this waiting killin' ya?

Edited by cmyfirepole

Nice car. I've always wanted one of those.

Scott, is all this waiting killin' ya?

Ohh yea!! I think what will kill me more is cleaning my garage tomorrow to make room for it... I am scrambeling to get some off road wheels and tire for it today so I can run it around the block Sunday when it gets delivered... :redhat: