My Honey-Do while the wife is out of town.

bp-guy

So my wife and oldest daughter are out of town for a week. I told my wife a long time ago I would do the bathroom for her. So this week was as good as any since I had a week off to do it. I had professionals come in and change out the shower valve,hang the drywall and hardy backer board and spray the texture. I did all the demo work and tile.

Still not done yet but the light is definately on at the end of the tunnel. Over all this has been fun to do. But my back is killing me. Tomorrow I need to DO NOTHING!!! After the grout is fully dried I have to seal it all then install the toilet, hang the shower doors and attach the shower accessories.

post-1872-1240008322_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008397_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008429_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008459_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008493_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008527_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008568_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008608_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008660_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008699_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008735_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008811_thumb.jpg

post-1872-1240008842_thumb.jpg

Edited by bp-guy

nice bro, at least you just got the bathroom honey do i was just handed this week the living room dining room kitchen and kids play room. ugggghhhh. all the way to the studs and back again. aint gonna happen in no week thats for sure.lol good thing dune season is pretty much over going on my last ride next weekend.

Thanks, it wasn't really time consuming either. The tile took about 9 hours to do the walls and floor. Alot of that time was cutting the odd sized ones. Grouting took about 2 hours. EFFEN sponging the walls took forever to get the haze off the tiles. And the demoliton took me about 6 hours and that was done last week to prepare for the assembly this week.

The whole project with the labor and materials cost us just under $1600 bucks. We had the tile from our other house tile project so that saved us $$ there.

Hopefully the toilet and shower doors will cooperate and I should be done in about 2 more days.

Keep in mind I had my 4 year old daughter here too so I was constatly being interruped to put on ANOTHER Disney movie!! Still made good time though.

Looks good! :lol:

I got to be Mike's assistant on a job while I was unemployed, I loved being the tile cutter! I was fun to learn how to do that kind of work! I like your color choices!! :laughoff:

Edited by sand chick

Looks good too bad you didn't post this project before putting in that shower pan..i'v got a good hop mop guy that charges about $300.00 and will float out the floor for tile for that price..

Edited by ltr450