Supercross in Vegas

dunefreak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the races from home and thought both finals were exciting. But the cheap azz move Reed put on Stewart was in a word Chickensh@t! It just showed a poor loser who's only chance to win was to put Stewart off the track and out of the race. Not a proud moment if he had done so. It was apparent that Reed was looking for a cheap shot when he wouldn't pass Stewart who basically moved over for him to pass earlier in the race. I am glad James had enough sense to know it was coming and protect himself and the championship. Looked like you guys had a fun night though. Let's see some pics Pete!

I watched the races from home and thought both finals were exciting. But the cheap azz move Reed put on Stewart was in a word Chickensh@t! It just showed a poor loser who's only chance to win was to put Stewart off the track and out of the race. Not a proud moment if he had done so. It was apparent that Reed was looking for a cheap shot when he wouldn't pass Stewart who basically moved over for him to pass earlier in the race. I am glad James had enough sense to know it was coming and protect himself and the championship. Looked like you guys had a fun night though. Let's see some pics Pete!

Yes, Chad did run him off the track but that's just part of a long feud between the two, remember earlier in the race when James slowed and kept looking over his shoulder waiting for Chad to pass but didn't? The two both told each other they would take the other one out and Chad knew what James had in mind when James slowed down, and when have you ever seen James slow down to let somebody pass? The media either doesn't pass this kind of info along or isn't privy to it, but you didn't hear it from me cause I'm not one to gossip! :?: :beercheers:

So last night at the races I turn around to see Pete with his new lens snapping shots...

pete.jpg

BTW... Good times last night! :beercheers:

hahaaa, hell yeah that thing is crazy! Looks like the 1200mm one B&H has for sale for $120,000! :laughoff::laughing:

I'm not even sure what poor loser move you are talking about. I think I missed that. :laughoff:

I thought Reed made his move to pass Stewart through a series of jumps.

Here's Reed behind Stewart...

post-3-1241410556_thumb.jpg

Then on the same lap Stewart gets passed right here...

post-3-1241410609_thumb.jpg

Here's where the crowd went crazy after Reed moved into first. Note the arm right in front of my camera. :beercheers:

post-3-1241410854_thumb.jpg

Even if Stewart was puched into a corner earlier in the race, he sure didn't hold the crazy fast pace that Reed did the remainder of the race. It's like Stewart gave up. Chad Reed finished with time for a beer before Stewart crossed the finish line. :laughing::laughing:

hahaaa, hell yeah that thing is crazy! Looks like the 1200mm one B&H has for sale for $120,000! :laughoff::laughing:

I'm not even sure what poor loser move you are talking about. I think I missed that. :laughing:

I thought Reed made his move to pass Stewart through a series of jumps.

Here's Reed behind Stewart...

post-3-1241410556_thumb.jpg

Then on the same lap Stewart gets passed right here...

post-3-1241410609_thumb.jpg

Here's where the crowd went crazy after Reed moved into first. Note the arm right in front of my camera. :beercheers:

post-3-1241410854_thumb.jpg

Even if Stewart was puched into a corner earlier in the race, he sure didn't hold the crazy fast pace that Reed did the remainder of the race. It's like Stewart gave up. Chad Reed finished with time for a beer before Stewart crossed the finish line. :laughing::beercheers:

Uhh Reed was second in the final, Villapoto won going away. Reed put the move on Stewart in the long sweeper in the back area out behind the scoreboard. I don't think anybody at the races could have seen it. it was one of those just for tv moves. I don't think Stewart would have risked the title just to take reed out but Reed had nothing to lose except his reputation and well he has always been known as a dirty rider. I think Stewart played the smart move and just stayed no further back than 4th to win the overall. That's where the money and bragging rights come from. He won the war not just one battle.

Uhh Reed was second in the final, Villapoto won going away. Reed put the move on Stewart in the long sweeper in the back area out behind the scoreboard. I don't think anybody at the races could have seen it. it was one of those just for tv moves. I don't think Stewart would have risked the title just to take reed out but Reed had nothing to lose except his reputation and well he has always been known as a dirty rider. I think Stewart played the smart move and just stayed no further back than 4th to win the overall. That's where the money and bragging rights come from. He won the war not just one battle.

Well......your post just clearly made me realize that #2 was, in fact, NOT Reed. derrrrrrrr :laughing: Shows ya how much I really follow this chit. :beercheers: It all makes sense now. :laughing:

Terry, you should quit the coffee biz and be a supercross anouncer! lol :laughoff:

Regardless who won or who was pushed into any turns I had a blast last night. Thanks again for teh tickets, Walt. :beercheers::laughing: It was cool hanging with you and the rest of the PPG & DeAngelos peeps. :D

Pete, the Villapoto corner drift pic is BAD! (as in good) crossed up drift and he's looking where he is going. They're all good pics but like his finish whip too! I'm guessing you used the white lens :beercheers: probably f2.8... what kind of TV and ISO were you able to use? Ha ha, your turn! :beercheers::laughing:

Edited by RUn2it

Pete, the Villapoto corner drift pic is BAD! (as in good) crossed up drift and he's looking where he is going. They're all good pics but like his finish whip too! I'm guessing you used the white lens :laughing: probably f2.8... what kind of TV and ISO were you able to use? Ha ha, your turn! :laughing::laughoff:

Thanks Lee. I like that drift one too. :beercheers: All the pics were taken at f/2.8 with my white lens with no extender of course. It wasn't light enough to use it. I still had to crank the ISO up to 2500 and even 3200 at times, but I tried to keep it at 2500. 3200 is kinda too fuzzy sometimes. Most the pics are 800-1000 shutter speed. :laughing: Oh and I had the exp compensation set at +1. :laughoff: And people say the CAMERA takes good pics. riiiight :beercheers:

Here is another crazy a$$ pic I took of Villapoto coming out of that same corner. :beercheers: YIAH!!!

post-3-1241464595_thumb.jpg

Awesome! Pete, you say exp +1, to make the pic lighter? If so when the light is iffy you can comp the exp darker to get a faster speed or lower ISO and bring back the exp (light) in editing. These DSLRs have tons of gradation in the shadows that your eye can't see and you can bring lots of detail out of what appears black. Good work and only a couple months with real glass!! :beercheers::laughing::laughing:

Awesome! Pete, you say exp +1, to make the pic lighter? If so when the light is iffy you can comp the exp darker to get a faster speed or lower ISO and bring back the exp (light) in editing. These DSLRs have tons of gradation in the shadows that your eye can't see and you can bring lots of detail out of what appears black. Good work and only a couple months with real glass!! :beercheers::beercheers::laughing:

hmm...go -1 huh? I'll have to try that. They just seemed dark on the standard setting so that's shy I bumped it up. I see what your saying with teh editing though. I'm suprised how good a pic can turn out to be sometimes.

hmm...go -1 huh? I'll have to try that. They just seemed dark on the standard setting so that's shy I bumped it up. I see what your saying with teh editing though. I'm suprised how good a pic can turn out to be sometimes.

Try it, from +1 to -1 can make a big diff, you can recover a dark clear pic but not a correctly exp but fuzzy pic (from too high ISO). I found that my 40D (and most likely a 50D) gets color perfect providing you can get the white balance right, either in cam or editing where the lighting ALWAYS can be improved in editing, until I can figure out how to tune the magic wand. Here's a couple of your pics with just lighting tweaks with your exposure, focus, ISO, white balance set absolutely text book perfect. I think the best description of what's done is just increasing the dynamic range is all. Try editing a pic into 3 diff pics; light, normal, and dark then clone diff parts together and you can get a pic that's eye popping. There, FM defined, lol! The best part is at this point (you correctly having all the settings right, assuming acceptible ISO noise) is there's no right or wrong, just better and for your personal preference. Again, good pics :beercheers:

post-1632-1241472656_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1241472788_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1241472824_thumb.jpg

post-1632-1241472875_thumb.jpg

Try it, from +1 to -1 can make a big diff, you can recover a dark clear pic but not a correctly exp but fuzzy pic (from too high ISO). I found that my 40D (and most likely a 50D) gets color perfect providing you can get the white balance right, either in cam or editing where the lighting ALWAYS can be improved in editing, until I can figure out how to tune the magic wand. Here's a couple of your pics with just lighting tweaks with your exposure, focus, ISO, white balance set absolutely text book perfect. I think the best description of what's done is just increasing the dynamic range is all. Try editing a pic into 3 diff pics; light, normal, and dark then clone diff parts together and you can get a pic that's eye popping. There, FM defined, lol! The best part is at this point (you correctly having all the settings right, assuming acceptible ISO noise) is there's no right or wrong, just better and for your personal preference. Again, good pics :thumb:

Thanks again Lee. :laughoff: Funny how every thread I post pics in turns into a "DSLR camera talk" thread. :smoker:

Anyways, you are right. At this point it's personal preference. I think your edited versions look good, but on my monitor the whites seem a tad blown out.

I'll have to keep the lower exp comp in mind next time I am shooting indoors or in light such as this race. :thumb:

Bad Azz pics there Pete!! I knew you would get some!! :smoker:

Next time there is an event like that I will have to hook you up with my friend Tim.. just in case he ever needs a Vegas substitute!!! :laughoff:

Thanks again Lee. :laughoff: Funny how every thread I post pics in turns into a "DSLR camera talk" thread. :smoker:

Anyways, you are right. At this point it's personal preference. I think your edited versions look good, but on my monitor the whites seem a tad blown out.

LOL, I was thinking that this should be in the other thread but I believe in "mind over matter" ... if Pete don't mind it don't matter :thumb::thumb:

And the whites may very well be blown out on your monitor, I've tweaked and calibrated mine so the printed pic looks very close to what I see on my computer so had to tweak the display adapter. When you get a printer you'll have to start another thread :blink:

PS, your pics weren't dark to begin with so lightning shadows was ok but I should have left overall contrast alone (makes dark darker and light lighter), but was just an example anyways

Edited by RUn2it