Christmas

jjlorme

:headbang:

We are looking at going out to Dumont for the first time on Dec. 26 til the 1st. Is there any service like they have at Glamis that comes out and will dump your tanks and fill your fresh water? We will have 2 other families with us and are trying to figure out the best course other than buying external tanks and trucking into baker mid-week

Freak... its nice out in glamis you just give them a call tell them where your at and they roll up and pump the crap outta your tanks and fill you right back up with water.... very convient and not to awfully priced either... 35 bucks a dump and they charge per gallon for water.. :D

I wonder how much grey water and poop I could put in the back of my truck before it gets stuck!? :rockon:

that is a great business idea! :rockwoot:

:flipoff: Duh-Buy a couple of trucks made for dumping sh...tt!!!! Don't use your truck! You are so funny :drinkbeer: And maybe buy a water truck. It wouldn't be bad for someone who lived in Pahrump.

So does anybody else know of any services in Baker for jjlorme?

We are looking at going out to Dumont for the first time on Dec. 26 til the 1st. Is there any service like they have at Glamis that comes out and will dump your tanks and fill your fresh water? We will have 2 other families with us and are trying to figure out the best course other than buying external tanks and trucking into baker mid-week

^^^^

Let's not forget what the topic was here. :rockon:

Youre allowed to dump your grey water at your site.

We have about 6 each- 5 gallon blue plastic jugs to refill our fresh water tank.

I know of no service that will fill you.

we have found using throw away plastic forks and knives-spoons, paper plates,, and barbeque instead of haveing to wash pans,, we use less water.

Quick showers, and a conscience use of water will make it last.

It's importsant in our group the girls shower,, because they are happier each evening if they do,, and if the girls aren't happy,, ain't no one happy.

Service's in Pahrump are cheaper and easier to deal with over Baker. And Pahrump can be a nice visit after a few days in the dunes.

I always plan a girls trip for the chix in the group,, and they all accept.

Dumping anything other than FRESH water and that can be a pain if a ranger sees you do it... Usually if they hassled us about dumping fresh water i would walk in to the trailer grab a glass and drink some... but gray water is considered hazardous waste because of the soap and other chemicles that gets dumped down there and there is no dumping of haz waste on blm land... gotta take it to a real dump..

NOW im not saying this stops people nor has it stopped me.. I have been and am guilty of dumping my gray water inconspicously.. we usually dig a small hole crack the cap and the gray water lever and let it drip... :D but we dont ever just open the valve and walk away...

I'm also guilty of dumping my grey water in the dunes. I have 70 gallons of grey water (two 35 gallon tanks) in my rig, one in front and one in back. I try to dump mine in the cover of darkness or early in the morning. Dig a deep enough hole, 2 to 3 feet deep, crack the tanks, and let them slowly drip for about an hour. Once there empty, fill in the hole and you'll never know I dumped the grey water.

It's really not a problem to not shower for 3 days unless you've been riding crazy hard. At worst there's always the bum bath. And even if the BLM will allow gray H20 dumping it's still pretty gross. Eddie's truck is your best bet for a dump site :grin:

Dunefreak, it's not "not harmful" but it is no worse than anything else we all do out there as far as introducing new or harmful things to the environment. There is more in grey water than H20 and soap, such as bacteria from food. But I really don't think some bacteria will thrive out there and change the state of the dunes :D