CHOP...CUT....REBUILD

RAGDOLL MX

Hey Cole, your car is coming along great :grin: is it going to be ready for Halloween? I need to find some standard travel cars to go on some runs with.....I can't keep up with the long travels without beatin the hell out of me and my car. I like that new roof, I may have to modify mine now so I don't hit my head on the mirror anymore.

:laughing:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cole, your car is coming along great :grin: is it going to be ready for Halloween? I need to find some standard travel cars to go on some runs with.....I can't keep up with the long travels without beatin the hell out of me and my car. I like that new roof, I may have to modify mine now so I don't hit my head on the mirror anymore.

:laughing:

Once it smooths out you will be doing much better That was just a steep soft run.

It sure is fun watching the progress on this rail it sure scared me when it first showed up in Coles garage, but now it is starting to look like a nice solid SAFE car!!!! I helped too, I held a flashlight last night.

:blink: Ken had a flashlight? :?:

here are some better pictures

old wiring that was on the car:

post-693-1255069154_thumb.jpg

New wiring.

post-693-1255069200_thumb.jpg

Light bar with lights

post-693-1255069231_thumb.jpg

steering colum with out dash

post-693-1255069264_thumb.jpg

and with

post-693-1255069307_thumb.jpg

post-693-1255069348_thumb.jpg

back dash area

post-693-1255069387_thumb.jpg

post-693-1255069417_thumb.jpg

post-693-1255069442_thumb.jpg

Me welding

post-693-1255069474_thumb.jpg

post-693-1255069585_thumb.jpg

dave working

post-693-1255069622_thumb.jpg

post-693-1255069513_thumb.jpg

and dave being sneaky

post-693-1255069548_thumb.jpg

we have been really busy with this car, but it has been worth it, its been a learning lesson from day one!

we should have it completly done in the next week for a shake down and then off to Dumont for halloween!!

:blink:

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

iam about 90% done with the wiring, just a few more things to do, going to go buy some F.O.A. shocks for the back and see about getting some for the front, so hopefully i just dont blow the motor.. :lol: but i have now gone through and color coded and #'d all the wires and made a schematic for it as well. should be ready soon!

iam about 90% done with the wiring, just a few more things to do, going to go buy some F.O.A. shocks for the back and see about getting some for the front, so hopefully i just dont blow the motor.. :driver: but i have now gone through and color coded and #'d all the wires and made a schematic for it as well. should be ready soon!

:lol:

welding in shorts.....you will learn some day, when that hot little amber goes in your shoe and you jump around like a friggen monkey trying to get your shoe/sock off!

lookin good...now i just wish i knew if i was working Halloween!

Hey Cole, your car is coming along great is it going to be ready for Halloween? I need to find some standard travel cars to go on some runs with.....I can't keep up with the long travels without beatin the hell out of me and my car. I like that new roof, I may have to modify mine now so I don't hit my head on the mirror anymore.

:beer_bang:

Look me up when your out there, I'm standard travel too and need riding partners. Look for the Ford 4 door pickup and my 26ft. toy hauler usually right across from the old host site. I fly a U.S.flag styled wind sock too. Usually a huge Alfa toy hauler with me with a grey/charcol Ford Pickup. Kinda turquoise colored itty bitty rail with an old fat guy driving it!! :old::MBdance:

Goes for you too cole!!! And I always carry a Tow Strap if you do break the motor!!! :banghead::lol::driver::lol:

I also have some shocks that might work on that car that you can have .....so yu can owe me a favor!!! :dunno::dope::old:

Maybe you can buy my new 2180 so I am forced to put in the subi now!!!!

:slap::laughoff::MBdance:

Edited by SANDAWG

Look me up when your out there, I'm standard travel too and need riding partners. Look for the Ford 4 door pickup and my 26ft. toy hauler usually right across from the old host site. I fly a U.S.flag styled wind sock too. Usually a huge Alfa toy hauler with me with a grey/charcol Ford Pickup. Kinda turquoise colored itty bitty rail with an old fat guy driving it!! :dope::lol:

10-4 I'll look you up :beer_bang:

Look me up when your out there, I'm standard travel too and need riding partners. Look for the Ford 4 door pickup and my 26ft. toy hauler usually right across from the old host site. I fly a U.S.flag styled wind sock too. Usually a huge Alfa toy hauler with me with a grey/charcol Ford Pickup. Kinda turquoise colored itty bitty rail with an old fat guy driving it!! :old::laughing:

Goes for you too cole!!! And I always carry a Tow Strap if you do break the motor!!! :banghead::usa::driver::lol:

I also have some shocks that might work on that car that you can have .....so yu can owe me a favor!!! :dunno: :beer_bang: :old:

Maybe you can buy my new 2180 so I am forced to put in the subi now!!!!

:ban-split::laughoff::MBdance:

i just might take you up on it!! let me know how much!

Looks great Cole cain't wait to get ya out in the dunes with it :bert:

give me a call tomorrow if you can, i have a question about wiring on this V Dub motor...something has me baffeled.

got all the wiring all figured out....my main problem was the switches in the dash panel, 3 out of 4 of them were fried!, got them replaced and all is good!

special thanks to Pat for an alternator, so i can get rid of the generator, and thanks for the shocks, but the fronts are 2 inches to short and the rears are also too short!... sorry brutha, i can bring them back to you if you want, or ill just rat hole them untill someone needs them!

let me know

again thanks!!!!

ill post up some updated pics later tonight, been super busy with the car!

got all the wiring all figured out....my main problem was the switches in the dash panel, 3 out of 4 of them were fried!, got them replaced and all is good!

special thanks to Pat for an alternator, so i can get rid of the generator, and thanks for the shocks, but the fronts are 2 inches to short and the rears are also too short!... sorry brutha, i can bring them back to you if you want, or ill just rat hole them untill someone needs them!

let me know

again thanks!!!!

ill post up some updated pics later tonight, been super busy with the car!

Waitin for the Pix!! Keep them if you want or have the room until someone else might be able to use them or Bring them back if you wish......Mox Nix.

Enjoyed the heck out of meeting yuo and your family!!! :D:headbang1:

Looks like I might have to wait until Haloween to go. This weekends trip is reallly in Limbe due to my truck and my travel partners truck issues!!!

There both in the shop now!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:blury::driver::blury::lol: