CHOP...CUT....REBUILD

RAGDOLL MX

well after tearing into the new buggy, there were some previous modifications that looked like a recovering crack head attempted to take up a new hobby. so over many beers and long discussions on the frame, we decided to take to top of the rail off. were going to make the top of the buggy about 2 inches taller, and extend the roof out about 4 inches, and make the down tubes about 4 inches out. were moving the battery tray and making it level, and easier to access. Were re enforcing in the rear and putting the proper bracing where it should be. so as shocked as you might be, its for the better.

post-693-1253391512_thumb.jpg

post-693-1253391471_thumb.jpg

post-693-1253391545_thumb.jpg

post-693-1253391574_thumb.jpg

post-693-1253391628_thumb.jpg

post-693-1253391671_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't call you "Notch-yO" for nothin'. :think:

Didn't take you long to decide you want to leave you're mark on this one bro. :mex:

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. :mischevious:

Dumont is going to be a blast with you in a car out there. :ah: :laughing::lol::lol:

R-

I don't call you "Notch-yO" for nothin'. :think:

Didn't take you long to decide you want to leave you're mark on this one bro. :mex:

Keep up the good work and keep us posted. :mischevious:

Dumont is going to be a blast with you in a car out there. :ah: :laughing::lol::lol:

R-

as i spit my Oreo and milk every where!!!

wellllllllllll...it wasnt safe!..and we ALL know how gravationally challenged iam..so this is for the better..:lol:but hell yeah!! i cant wait to go play!! if Were lucky we should see a Toy hauler by the end of the week!!! YIAH! YIAH!

and by the way...Ava cant wait to meet Ryder!!..Just think Randy...youll be family!!!!! :banghead:

were going to just color match paint it for now, and after this season were going to do a complete teardown and rebuild..but it will take almost all summer for that, we want to take our time and do some things differently, and add some new parts.

• 2 weeks later...

the guy that is helping us build one is "twistedcj" owen, he has built a bunch of rock crawlers, so he has some good experience building them. just adding that experience and saftey into the rail.

thanks for the props!

here is the stock cage and the new cage difference

post-693-1254463151_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

Damn Cole, with all that roof support are you PLANNING on rolling it? :dope:

j/k Looking good guys, and coming along fairley quickly too :thumb:

:MBdance: I thought the same thing....but its Cole, he doesn't plan on rolling it just kind of happens with him :whoop: .

Looking good Cole, can't wait to see it in the dunes! :headbang1:

here are the latest updates, iam too tired to play with it today, so i have tomorrow off and i get started on the wiring tomorrow. but yesterday i put on the light bar, fuel tank mount, shock mounts, steering colum and light tabs.

post-693-1254860851_thumb.jpg

post-693-1254860889_thumb.jpg

post-693-1254860920_thumb.jpg

post-693-1254860983_thumb.jpg

post-693-1254861024_thumb.jpg

post-693-1254861046_thumb.jpg