Surviving the Recession

Dune Dad

-Cancel unneccesary bills/ services

-Go home for lunch everyday

-stay away from PT's as much as possible. Instead, grill food or have taco night at home and buy beer cheap as hell at Food $ Less :trickortreat:

-go to less concerts unless they are an aboslute must

-hang out with friends at our house or their's instead of going out on the town & blowing tons of cash

-don't go crazy at the store, buy only things that are needed and in bulk whenever possible

-prevent from ever having kids

-invest in simple things to make a few bucks here and there

-be willing to work a little harder for less at times. Something is better than nothing.

-Go on less dune trips nnnah, fk that. I gotta keep my sanity somehow. :ban-split::beercheers:

-Cancel unneccesary bills/ services

-Go home for lunch everyday

-stay away from PT's as much as possible. Instead, grill food or have taco night at home and buy beer cheap as hell at Food $ Less :trickortreat:

-go to less concerts unless they are an aboslute must

-hang out with friends at our house or their's instead of going out on the town & blowing tons of cash

-don't go crazy at the store, buy only things that are needed and in bulk whenever possible

-prevent from ever having kids

-invest in simple things to make a few bucks here and there

-be willing to work a little harder for less at times. Something is better than nothing.

-Go on less dune trips nnnah, fk that. I gotta keep my sanity somehow. :laughoff::beercheers:

Any of us can do this. Look for smokin deals no matter what it may be. :DDR: If you can buy something for $500 and clean it up, advertise it free on craigslist and then sell if for $700 or whatever, DO IT!!!!!! I have been surprised at how many killer deals there are out there right now. Cars,trucks,motorhomes,trailers,sandrails,rhinos, heck even furniture. The deals are out there. All it takes is a little effort and a little time. What I personally have learned though..... If you see or hear of a killer deal, You better jump on it right away. If you hesitate, Use the ole "I gotta think about it" stuff. :laughoff: The next guy is going to grab it. :MBdance: YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOSE!!!! Youre probably not going to be right every time, :laughoff: But if youre right more than youre wrong, YOU WILL MAKE MONEY. :ban-split:

And how to cut costs? Dont bring the buggy to the dunes. Just the rhino. F that.... lets go duning :laughoff:

I think I have 1 also...... buy stuff off Craigslist...... part it out and sell it for more money than you paid for it... Haa maybe even find a friend that you can sell the parts to..... at an even higher profit :laughoff::dope:

Everyone needs to do there part for the economy....... even friends :beercheers: :headspin:

soooo with that said ... does any of my friends want to buy a quad?? I paid $6500.00 for it but I will be willing to sell it for $7000.00 but I am keeping the motor :lol: but I guess I could give you the used motor oil :whoop:

Capt

I think I have 1 also...... buy stuff off Craigslist...... part it out and sell it for more money than you paid for it... Haa maybe even find a friend that you can sell the parts to..... at an even higher profit :laughoff::dope:

Everyone needs to do there part for the economy....... even friends :beercheers: :headspin:

soooo with that said ... does any of my friends want to buy a quad?? I paid $6500.00 for it but I will be willing to sell it for $7000.00 but I am keeping the motor :lol: but I guess I could give you the used motor oil :whoop:

Capt

wow, who did that? :lol:

Go to less concerts and avoid having rug-rats :D

OH HECK NO I think I am going to have like 10 more rug-rats in OBAMANOMICS... that makes sense... should be able to get allot more toys then.. LOL NOT

Edited by White Rhino

:headspin:

Sometimes I am ignorant but I will have plenty of time to get edumicated next weekend :laughoff:

I will be parked around bathroom 6 when you have time Tim... come and get me for a drive

Yes I have balls just not as big as Pauly's :beercheers:

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

Sometimes I am ignorant but I will have plenty of time to get edumicated next weekend :headspin:

I will be parked around bathroom 6 when you have time Tim... come and get me for a drive

Yes I have balls just not as big as Pauly's :beercheers:

Capt

like paul harvey says.... NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY.

Edited by OGP

I gave up going to the carwash and now wash my vehicles at home, so now my truck hasn't been washed in about four months. :beercheers:

I try to shop on the internet whenever possible. Usually you can get free shipping and don't have to pay taxes so that saves money and gas.

I gave up drinking on weekdays and now only drink on weekends.

I stopped going to the bar since Timbers raised their food and drink prices so that is even saving me more money.

I think the last time I went out to a nice restaurant was in August.

I rarely drive my truck and instead drive my car to work every day.

We have taken a lot fewer trips to the dunes this year.

All the money I have saved this year I blew on guns and ammo. :P

I have sold lots of my extra toys, guns, both Harleys,

used that money to pay off car and camper.

stay home alot.

had some extra money left to update my buggy with some new items.

my buggy was built in 1997. Luckily my buggy is paid for.

I decided to keep the BUGGY AND THE WIFE. :pumpkin:

YES IN THAT ORDER...... :DDRrocks:

• 2 weeks later...

Go to less concerts and avoid having rug-rats :D

:clap::clap::clap:

We stay at home and drink & eat instead of going out so much! When we do go out, we really look forward to it! When we look at buying something, we make sure we weigh our options. :D

I've been through 4 recessions.

This one is turning into a depression.

For the first time in my life, friends can't find work at all.

Never saw that before here in the Southwest. Never.

And it doesn't look like things will change for them in the foreseeable future either.

When it hits bottom, that doesn't mean it'll start getting better.

Our local GM dealer is offering reduced labor cost service, and after market, non-GM parts for the first time I can remember.

We recently took advantage of it and saved a ton of $$ and got some real quality work done on the wifes beloved Regal.

Instead of buying a cool Ford F450, we simply will keep our GMC another 100,000 miles like the owners manual says it's designed to run. I believe it. It's been a great truck.

We never take the family out to dinner anymore. Kids didn't like eating out anyway. The exception are a few friends restaurants with off-the-hook good food like Roc's firehouse in Palm Springs.

We got bids for new carpeting & tile for the house,, forget companies doing it,, we know guys who moonlight flooring for half the cost.

We'll run with them.

I'm at the river right now, and the bar here at the resort has 16oz draft Bugweiser/Miller Light/Diet Coors for $1.50.

The bar filled up to capacity at happy hour when the price dropped to $1.00.

That never happened in the past.

The kitchen use to have 3 cooks, now 1 part time because everyone eats back at camp.

Full campground, but people are spending less, and taking more advantage of all the activities here.

Neighbor fed his kids spam and eggs.

He buys those big "County relief" packs at the grocery store.

Change is in the air.

We took delivery of a new 5th wheel yesterday.

We got it for $22K less than is was selling for just 2 years ago. About half price.

Wouldnt have bought it otherwise.

One other couple was taking delivery on a New Prevost MoHo at the same time we were.

Their Sales tax alone was more than our entire rig cost OTD.

Some out there still have money to burn.