? about cali ohv stickers

I beleve that if you do not have a California Sticker you need to have a Non-Resident sticker....

This state works very hard in screwing people over.. I dont see how having a out of state sticker is going to work..

Ask one of the rangers when you get to dumont..

I beleve that if you do not have a California Sticker you need to have a Non-Resident sticker....

...true, UNLESS your ohv is registered in your home state. I would guess the UT ohv sticker would contitute as "registered".

Eff it. Why guess? Just call the Barstow BLM office and ask them so you kow for sure. :trickortreat: 760-252-6000

quit being a cheap a$$ and support your local dunes and pay the $30. geeeesh.

hey - eff you beaaaatch

you know I ain't a cheap a$$...

Your just mad cause you had to buy one and I didn't hahahaha

besides that 30 bones can now go to much needed safety supplies for our halloweenie trip...

Btw cyberdyne warrantied my volt gauge that was going bad even though it was over a year old...

Edited by Bryan M

If you call them and find out let us know because i have been using other state stickers for years

and have not had any problems but dont wont any ether.

And if our money stayed in the dunes I would spend it there.(not to start any poop)

:laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Edited by dinicolada

Here is the link to the non-resident web page. If you have current tags from your home state you are good. Sucks for us here in Nevada since we have no such program.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

If you know someone in Oregon have them get you tags from there, they are $10.50 for 2 years.

Edited by badams270

Here is the link to the non-resident web page. If you have current tags from your home state you are good. Sucks for us here in Nevada since we have no such program.

If you know someone in Oregon have them get you tags from there, they are $10.50 for 2 years.

I have NV registration on my Z400 and it never expires :laughoff: . And yes it is good for Cali.

It is a small white sticker with a blue border and blue writing that says NV OHV Registration and the registration #. You get it if you bought an OHV from an authorized dealer in NV and paid sales tax along with a 1 time $20 fee for registration.

If all goes well then NV will have a registration/title program through the DMV in 2012.

I was at Gordon's Well 2 weeks ago with my rail and quad. I talked to the Sheriff and BLM while I was there asking about OHV stickers in Calif. since I am from Arizona. Here's what they both said. For states that have an OHV sticker (not just the off-road plate), you do NOT have to have the Calif. sticker. I believe Utah has this as well. In Arizona, the sticker costs $25 a year. So, the bottom line, a quad must have a OHV sticker from your state if that state provides OHV stickers. If the state does not have these, you must buy the non-resident tag from Calif.

Now for all you Sand Rails peeps, at least in Arizona, you can't get an OHV sticker for anything over 1800 lbs. I forgot to ask them if Rails then need to purchase a non-resident tag from Calif. Hopefully, someone from this site might know.