Clobbered, but miraculous recovery

Free Agent

You've all seen it, the dude that runs his sand vehicle over a blind dune and collides with someone that is driving safely.

It's what happened to Insanity causing his RR suspension to grenade and rip away from his sand car.

Had it been the kids on quads the guy would'a killed someone.

The guy ran from the scene.

Anyway, check out this on the dune patch-up and removal back to camp.

No one was hurt.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Free Agent

i wonder if the other car that hit him, was the guy that was camping with me...him and another one of our other cars in our group went out for a ride and returned in a very short time. he said he got into an accident with another car, his right front tire was off of the rim and the front control arms/and steering linkage was pretty mangled. he also had a stress crack/break in the front part of the frame.

do you know what color the car was that hit Insanity.

sorry that happened to him.

Jason

i wonder if the other car that hit him, was the guy that was camping with me...him and another one of our other cars in our group went out for a ride and returned in a very short time. he said he got into an accident with another car, his right front tire was off of the rim and the front control arms/and steering linkage was pretty mangled. he also had a stress crack/break in the front part of the frame.

Jason

I think he said it was orange paneling? I dont remember now.. Took about an hour to get him put back together... I didnt do much but give suggestions ( tore my back up last week and cant hardly move) but I did get to do a little and I brought a bunch of friends to help lol

His car was messed up pretty bad.. tranny was crack pretty much in half.. glad no one was hurt

Capt

Jason

Sounds like the guy. Orange doors.

He just kept blaming others. 12 witnesses said he just blindly turned and slammed into Insanity.

He did a jack-assed turn and collided rear-ending Neal.

He had a kid with him and a flat front tire.

The LEOs would's ordered a blood test with the

the nearby paramedics.

He took off before we could get the LEOS to the scene.

We later looked for him but figured he packed up and ran from the dunes.

Edited by Free Agent

wow...if it was the guy at my camp...i would think he would have stopped to at least check on people..and ya he had a kid with him probably around 16 -17 ish...

one thing that i can say is that he was not drinking ...first, it was too early in the morning and the kid was his son..this guy is not a real big drinker...he's kinda low key..

do you know if he had another car traveling with him?? and if so..what color?

Hey everyone I was the other car that was in the crash.

Just so everyone is clear I didn't run I stopped.

I wasn't drinking just got there first run.

I didn't blame anyone. It was an Accident, I was following my friend and came over the dune on my blind side and there was a car I went left trying to go back up and he went down we just hit in a bad spot. at maybe 5 or 7 MPH.

I tried to help but the guy had friends there and when I asked if he needed anything he asked me for a Cig. I don't smoke so I could'nt help there.

I left because my son had a broken collar bone (not from this crash from snowboarding) He was hurting and I didn't want to stay out and watch with him hurting.

I have been dunibg for 6 years and think I'm pretty responsible guy, I'm sorry that this happened.

My car was broken all weekend too.

I was campping with Jason and he knws I wouldn't just run away.

Dave

Hey everyone I was the other car that was in the crash.

Just so everyone is clear I didn't run I stopped.

I wasn't drinking just got there first run.

I didn't blame anyone. It was an Accident, I was following my friend and came over the dune on my blind side and there was a car I went left trying to go back up and he went down we just hit in a bad spot. at maybe 5 or 7 MPH.

I tried to help but the guy had friends there and when I asked if he needed anything he asked me for a Cig. I don't smoke so I could'nt help there.

I left because my son had a broken collar bone (not from this crash from snowboarding) He was hurting and I didn't want to stay out and watch with him hurting.

I have been dunibg for 6 years and think I'm pretty responsible guy, I'm sorry that this happened.

My car was broken all weekend too.

I was campping with Jason and he knws I wouldn't just run away.

Dave

I leave this issue between you and Neal, but your story vs 12 others who story's concur is questionable.

I hope to hell youre not on the dunes when my kid are out there.

Edited by Free Agent

The one thing I can say is.... WOW that is some engineering using wrenches and all!!!!

You guys rock to stick around to get that buggy going so he could get back to camp... we stopped during "the construction phase" but nothing we could do that wasn't already being done.

:think: :beer_bang:

i know Dave personally...he wouldn't just hit and run..Im sure everyone has their own version of the story,

im sorry to hear about the accident, just glad everyone was ok and walked away...

Well said Jason but the guy left the scene, never to return, didn't leave any info, took no blame thus blaming Neal, didn't send help nor return to lend any assistance or face the LEOS, and because Neal asked for a cigarette it doesn't make it Neals fault.

Neal was left with his bell rung, with two moms and some kids on quads and Rzr's stranded on the side of a bowl after being rear-ended his ride in-operable.

Riding a kid on the dunes that was seriously injured to begin with? Let's think that over. If he was injured in a hit-and-run felony then that is some serious charges according to the Rangers.

I don't think the jury will buy the cigarette-proves-blame defense.

If the guy had any soul or backbone he would have helped or returned and lent assistance, not point the blame, find a lame excuse to split, then vanish forever.

So far those I've talked to are standing by what they saw.

If they decide to jump in that's up to them.

I rest my involvement in this but I had the character to help a duner, a stranger to me that was seriously in need.

And I'd like to add, we would have helped Dave too if he was stranded and inoperable, and still would help Dave (or anyone else) if we ever find him in a bad situation on the dunes, regardless of who's at fault.

Edited by Free Agent

Well said Jason but the guy left the scene, never to return, didn't leave any info, took no blame thus blaming Neal, didn't send help nor return to lend any assistance or face the LEOS, and because Neal asked for a cigarette it doesn't make it Neals fault.

Neal was left with his bell rung, with two moms and some kids on quads and Rzr's stranded on the side of a bowl after being rear-ended his ride in-operable.

Riding a kid on the dunes that was seriously injured to begin with? Let's think that over. If he was injured in a hit-and-run felony then that is some serious charges according to the Rangers.

I don't think the jury will buy the cigarette-proves-blame defense.

If the guy had any soul or backbone he would have helped or returned and lent assistance, not point the blame, find a lame excuse to split, then vanish forever.

So far those I've talked to are standing by what they saw.

If they decide to jump in that's up to them.

I rest my involvement in this but I had the character to help a duner, a stranger to me that was seriously in need.

And I'd like to add, we would have helped Dave too if he was stranded and inoperable, and still would help Dave (or anyone else) if we ever find him in a bad situation on the dunes, regardless of who's at fault.

Well let me add 1 thing and I will leave this alone also.... On a dune run (with me in the lead) I crested the dune to find a broken rail and a few people scattered on the other side... Scared the crap out of me as I was moving pretty fast when I crested and had to swerve and hit the breaks and all i could think of was.... I hope the guys behind me see my tail lights... I was literally within 40 ft or less of crashing into him (had I crested a little later).

I stopped just to make sure they had it under control with the 10 ppl that were stopped and well.... every person helped.. I couldnt have left knowing he might not get out...especially if I was part of the accident...... so we stayed to help.

All his helpers and him had already been out there for 2HRS trying to get it pulled out and we spent an hour or more getting it towed out after I stopped..I personally wouldnt and cant leave a FELLOW duner stuck in the dunes without knowing for sure it is handled.. guess thats just me... and the friends I have..but I would help Dave also

I am just glad no one was hurt...

Capt

Ok I'm going to leave this alone too after this post.

I didn't leave him stranded he had to other sandrails there they had a plan to go back and get the welder and do some field work to get him going.

My son broke his collar bone three weeks ago and was not cleared by me to ride his quad so I kept him close and was just cruzing when this happened.

I do feel bad about what happened If Neal feels I was being crazy and acted out of line I will work that out with him. I still don't think either of us was going faster then 10 MPH which the way we hit makes it 20MPH.

I feel lucky no one was hurt, I really do feel they had a plan when I left and if I miss read that I appolgize to Neal.

I don't know free agent and he doesn't know me but I think we all have the same love of duning, slamming me without knowing me or having all the facts just isn't right.

If Neal needs to get ahold of me I'm sure the folks at DDR can give him my email. I'm not running I'm not irresponsible I'm a Dad and try to really watch whats going on. This was just a blind spot that was an accident.

There are to many people that were not there trying to play Mon. morning Q-Back. I was driving the blue car right behind Neil and had a great view of what happened. First, DaveH did stop for about 5 to 10 min. and made sure that every one was alright. Second, Neil and Dave were both at the top of the dune and Dave should have seen Neil and not come over the dune. Third, they were both going about 20 mph. Dave said at the scene that he tried to turn up and the tracks showed that he had tried to but the sand was very soft and steep Neil did turn down as soon as Dave came over the dune. Forth, it would have been nice if one of the cars that Dave was with would have come back to see if they could help. For the record Neil does not smoke but was just starting to have a very bad day. To the people that did stop and help us I offer my thanks. The Mighty Tracker was unbelievable, we would have had a much harder time without all of your help. Duners absolutely are some of the best people out there.