Advice Wanted

dupee_digital

Im looking to buy a quad. I've been all over craigslist, all over ddr, all over gd.com. I have seen some banshees for what i think to be a descent price and in my price range which is 2000 to 2500 but am willing to go to 3k tops. I have seen some yfz450s and trx450s for around 3k. Would it be better to try and find a yfz450 or trx450 thats newer like 2004 2005ish for 3k, or is it okay to go with a banshee thats a 97 to 2002 because i want a green sticker for around 2k to 2500 range? And is a yfz much better than a trx? THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT. By the way :beercheers:

I would spend the extra $500 bucks and go with either the YFZ or TRX 450. You will not have the expense to keep up the banshee and the the 450S will dune much better. Either 450 will be a good buy. Many others will always contest which 450 is better based off what they already have. :beercheers:

Im looking to buy a quad. I've been all over craigslist, all over ddr, all over gd.com. I have seen some banshees for what i think to be a descent price and in my price range which is 2000 to 2500 but am willing to go to 3k tops. I have seen some yfz450s and trx450s for around 3k. Would it be better to try and find a yfz450 or trx450 thats newer like 2004 2005ish for 3k, or is it okay to go with a banshee thats a 97 to 2002 because i want a green sticker for around 2k to 2500 range? And is a yfz much better than a trx? THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INPUT. By the way :beercheers:

well how big are you what kind of riding do you do are you going stock or going to build it after you get it do you work on your own stuff ????

Im a small guy 125lbs soaking wet. I will most likely leave it stock, wont be working on my own stuff, desert and dune riding.

Then you will want the 450. With your lil Azz it will scoot pretty damn well... :beercheers: But to each his own....Good luck with your purchase.

Im a small guy 125lbs soaking wet. I will most likely leave it stock, wont be working on my own stuff, desert and dune riding.

yep one of the 450 would be a great bike for you . but if you like going fast and duneing with the same bike a banshee would be it but the banshee sucks in the dirt due to the power band

Thanks for all the replies so far. i have only ridden a banshee and yfz450, only in desert never in dunes. i have ridden a fourtrax250 and it seemed to buck around alot, i dont know if the trx will feel the same. the ltr and kawi I have no idea about. I like the banshee alot but I think the 450s will be more dependable.( correct me if im wrong). So i think most likely im gonna go with yfz and hopefully be out for prez. :atv::dunno::think::atv: :B If you got anymore advice please keep it comin thanks!!! :slap:

I have riddin both and I must say I loved my honda. She just kept going and going.. Never had one problem with her... If you can I would test them both out. see what feels best for you. They are both great bikes!!!! Unless you want a 2 stroke then go with the banshee :dunno: Get your a$$ riding in the dunes you will never ride desert again!!!!!

Edited by che che DD

Yea I hear a lot of good thing from people who have raptors. I am a chic so that bike is just way to much of a bike for me. My honda was verry reliable FYI... Good luck with finding your bike. Get what you want your the one who is going to be riding it. :) Just get in the sand... :dunno:

chadwick scoots around pretty good on his rappy....his in that weight range...maybe a lil more

He also dumped a bit of change into the suspension to set it up for his ethiopian skinny a$$..

I'm not gonna lie I love my Rappy but I hated it until I upgraded the suspension. My skinny a$$ was getting beat down badly when I would ride. It's a lot of bike for me and sometimes I question if I should have gone with an LTR or YFZ instead. It's built a little better for us little people :D

• 2 months later...

In my opinion, you need to ride and/or sit on each quad you are considering and buy what feels right to you. Try to find them together at a dealer. Trust me, you will know which one suits you just by sitting on them. Keep in mind, the Raptors are a little taller which makes them a little more tippy but you will gain reliability and have less maintenence, assuming you go by the book. The 450's recommend changing the freakin piston every 15 hours, at least that's what my 06 CRF450R manual says. Although, my engine has never been apart and I just had the local dealer check my valve adjustment and it was perfect. Not bad for 4 years old and raced. This ones a keeper. People I ride with include Yamaha and Honda 450's, bikes and quads. My son blew a Yamaha, his friend blew a Honda. They all have their issues.

Once you decide on a model, focus on condition. Try to find one that has been maintained well, hasn't been apart and doesn't need frequent valve adjustments. Are there bolts missing, loose or obviously not the right bolt? Excessive vibration? How does it steer and handle? Does it feel like it's been abused? You'll know the well maintained bike when you see it. There's my 2 cents...well, maybe 4.