The Job

desertskyz

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me..  I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. So, here is my Question:  Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt - doing drugs, while I work. . . .

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'. Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though.  Something has to change in this country -- and soon! 

Right on :laughoff:

I've seen this as an email. Doesn't seem political at all to me; it seems like common sense. The problem is, if a politician ever proposed this, he'd lose too many of his constituents :mischevious: to get re-elected.

then they would develop a program to house and feed the people that failed the test. its a nice Utopia idea but it would just create other problems. remember these people have failed in life already.

I hesitated to bring that up myself. But it is true.

There is nothing that is a bigger threat to our country than a bunch of p*ssed off free loaders that can't get their drugs from their welfare or family assistance checks.! Our money!

It helps them make more babies too. Then we are sure to have more to support than we do now!!

I sucks but it is a fact. It just can't be done as much as hard working folks would like it too!

:mischevious:

Not to mention, what would be the cost associated with this test and if you just do a urine test they can get around it. Also how often would you test them or would it be one time they fail and they cannot collect for a period of time?

I love the idea though, find some way of kicking losers out of free money.

I do agree. but I also think they should legalize weed too... I dont even smoke the stuff anymore but I think enough people do that if they taxed that sh*t maybe we could get a little out of this debt... :mischevious: this is a great idea too skys but then the government would have to pay for all those drug tests and they of course dont want to come out of pocket for that either... This system sucks we have and we are supposed to have a choice . by the people for the people BS thats right BULL sh*t...

Edited by che che DD

then they would develop a program to house and feed the people that failed the test. its a nice Utopia idea but it would just create other problems. remember these people have failed in life already.

They already have these houses they are called crack houses lmao!!!!!!

Not to mention, what would be the cost associated with this test and if you just do a urine test they can get around it. Also how often would you test them or would it be one time they fail and they cannot collect for a period of time?

I love the idea though, find some way of kicking losers out of free money.

We have a driver in our company that failed a random test. It was an automatic termination, but after getting clean, he is going through the hoops to continue driving. He pays out of his pocket $50 a test; He's looking at a required 60 negative screenings over the next 5 years. Getting caught cost him pretty big.

I'd suggest to have the system pay the initial test; which could be funded from the welfare benefits saved. Anyone with a negative could start paying like my friend has to...sounds fair to me; and we'd still spend less on this crap.

I just have one question may it can be answer, Is welfare running out of money? Why is the social security running out of money? well may be two any body, cause I sure don't get this

Yes welfare is tapped; CA was writing I.O.U.s for a little while. Arnold was spending every penny during the last few good years, and during a recession, government doesn't know how to cut back, so CA is in trouble.

Social security is a bit more complicated. My dad is 62. He was gonna work until age 66 in order to get a bigger benefit each month. He's now thinking he better start now, before they end all payouts completely.

Yup, we're broke. google national debt; look what we're paying to China in interest each day. It would blow your mind. :mischevious:

Yes welfare is tapped; CA was writing I.O.U.s for a little while. Arnold was spending every penny during the last few good years, and during a recession, government doesn't know how to cut back, so CA is in trouble.

Social security is a bit more complicated. My dad is 62. He was gonna work until age 66 in order to get a bigger benefit each month. He's now thinking he better start now, before they end all payouts completely.

Yup, we're broke. google national debt; look what we're paying to China in interest each day. It would blow your mind. :laughoff:

Thats why we should go green and sell weed...lol :mischevious:

"Arnold was spending every penny during the last few good years"

Was it really Arnold spending the money or the liberal legislature that California is famous for?

Thank Gawd I left there in 1959. then back for a few years and then for good in 1982.

Was it really Arnold spending the money or the liberal legislature that California is famous for?

Thank Gawd I left there in 1959. then back for a few years and then for good in 1982.

I hear ya, but I think, unfortunately, it was all of them.

Gee Pat, isn't Senate Majority Leader "Dingy" Harry Reid from Nevada??? It would sure help the nation if Nevada voted him out of the senate. We have a problem in Cali with Arnold, but Reid is a concern for the entire country. :(

Gee Pat, isn't Senate Majority Leader "Dingy" Harry Reid from Nevada??? It would sure help the nation if Nevada voted him out of the senate. We have a problem in Cali with Arnold, but Reid is a concern for the entire country. :(

Don't think for a minute that I am a Harry Reid fan. He is P.O.S. in my mind. My comment was directed to the fact that a governor can't do anything without his legislature. Right??? So is the problem really with Arnold or his legislature?

To be continued by the campfire .....or not! Hate political or religious discussions..... :beercheers:

Damn screen name changes. Had me going for a minute there!!!!

Edited by SANDAWG

They can't do it because it is a privacy act violation. I agree it should be done. I also believe they should put some of the able body people to work picking up trash on the highway or some other jobs that need to be done. Make them earn their pay like everyone else.

Here's a little story for you.

I work for the federal government as a heavy mobile equipment mechanic. The vehicles I work on are track vehicles that weigh 27 tons. One of the idiots that works with me is taking maximum dosages of Oxycoton and Percaset(sp) 6 times a day. You would think this would be something you could protest to as a safety issue. NOT SO! It's a privacy act issue. Can you say lawsuit waiting to happen? :rzr: