Nevada OHV stickers

SandBox_Kid

If you don't have to pay anything to get one, how are they getting any tax money from you then? :woo_hoo:

Or is it just a way to collect/ regulate the tax dollars on the new bke sales?

there is no issue on taxes for machines prior to Jan 1,06. bikes after that date WILL have to show proof of taxes paid somewhere or no tag. you dont have to show anything for early bikes, you could just make up a bill of sale, so thats bogus. the law is only a step in the direction and more will need to be done. use oregon or idaho for your registration.

YOU GOT TOOK!!!!

California stickers are just fine in Utah.

Last time I talked to the rangers they said the Nevada sticker wont be accepted because of some law that Utah and Nevada dont recognize each other :headbang:

But i was told that as long as I had a Cali sticker I was fine.

Check this out since I'm a procrastinator and didnt get 06 stickers and went to go buy 07 stickers this is what they gave me..

lastscan.jpg

Kinda funny just to whip this out when the ranger goes to give me a ticket :woo_hoo:

thnks now i can make copies :laughoff::laughoff::hello:

• 2 months later...

maybe i read it wrong...but i thought u had to show proof of paying tax to get one :thumb:

No I think you read it correctly. My point was, I'd rather pay whatever the cost for the sticker and avoid the crazy costs of sales tax on all the other vehicles that are bought private party like toyhaulers, trucks, etc. You can save a bunch of cash buying a vehicle that's almost new from private party and not have to pay sales tax. That's all I meant. It's kinda off topic though. :thumb:

So....bottom line....can you buy the CA OHV sticker at the Ranger Station?

YES.

The only thing that sucks though is they won't have the 07 stickers until the 1st of the year. So you have to buy an 06 sticker only to use it for 2 months. :thumb: