Nevada OHV stickers

SandBox_Kid

When we picked up the new LTR450 we also asked for Nevada OHV stickers for both of our quads....and got them!! If I remember correctly those stickers should be good in Cali and Utah...right? :mc_smiley:

Dude i think there onlyu good for whichever state it says ......cuz when i went up to coral pink they bitched me out cayin i had to buy one when i already had a cali one so who knows lol

When did those (NV stickers ) come out?Ive been hearing about it for years. Where can u get them? How much$$$$???????

It's all a part of SB400....<<<<CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS>>>> I thought I mentioned this a while back....but couldn't find the topic.

They are supposed to be issued at no cost....that's zero, nada, zilch....when you purchase your bike from an authorized dealer. According to what I read they are also supposed to issue one to anyone that can prove they've paid taxes on any off road vehicle. When we got the new bike I asked for another for the Blaster. I had to ask more than 3 or 4 times before they coughed them up. If you go into the Yamaha dealer on Craig they have a big sign about SB400, but no mention of the sticker. Since I read the bill a few months ago I was already prepared to ask for the sticker. :mc_smiley: No more $20 yearly sticker for Dumont!!!! It's a really simple looking sticker with a S/N and a couple of words like "Nevada Off Highway Vehicle". No year for expiration...nothing. I'll post a pic later tonight.

I really need one for the rail also....I have all my receipts for every part on that thing. I'm just not sure how that'll go over.

Edited by cmyfirepole

Dude i think there onlyu good for whichever state it says ......cuz when i went up to coral pink they bitched me out cayin i had to buy one when i already had a cali one so who knows lol

Did you have the out of state sticker for Cali or a regular Green or Red sticker from Cali?

Edited by cmyfirepole

i dont see why not..

They are supposed to be issued at no cost....that's zero, nada, zilch....when you purchase your bike from an authorized dealer. According to what I read they are also supposed to issue one to anyone that can prove they've paid taxes on any off road vehicle.

ive never gotten one of these. can you buy them at any bike store? i read the thing and it doesnt look like the law went into effect till january 2006? so i cant really show my sales slip from 2004 for my bike, right? :mischevious:

I'll try again because I think you skimmed over the doc. They cost zero dollars...that's $0.00, so you really can't buy them. Your dealer is supposed to issue you one if you request it. If you read the bill carefully you'll also notice there isn't any teeth to enforce not having it. It went into effect to prevent peeps from going to another state and buying a toy and not paying taxes. So it's a win for us since we won't have to continue to purchase out of state stickers however the out of state killer deals may get caught up in this one.

Here's a quote from the bill.....the bold probably applies to you.

3. An authorized dealer shall:

(a) Upon the sale of an off-highway vehicle, issue to the purchaser of the off-highway vehicle a certificate of operation for the off-highway vehicle;

(B) Upon request, issue a certificate of operation to a person who purchased the off-highway vehicle before January 1, 2006;

............blah blah blah............

5. An authorized dealer shall not charge or collect a fee for issuing a certificate of operation.

Edit: Note the smilie is acutally indicates the section "B"

Edited by cmyfirepole

YOU GOT TOOK!!!!

California stickers are just fine in Utah.

Last time I talked to the rangers they said the Nevada sticker wont be accepted because of some law that Utah and Nevada dont recognize each other :idiot:

But i was told that as long as I had a Cali sticker I was fine.

Check this out since I'm a procrastinator and didnt get 06 stickers and went to go buy 07 stickers this is what they gave me..

lastscan.jpg

Kinda funny just to whip this out when the ranger goes to give me a ticket :mischevious:

When we picked up the new LTR450 we also asked for Nevada OHV stickers for both of our quads....and got them!! If I remember correctly those stickers should be good in Cali and Utah...right? :mischevious:

Yea they do acept Nevada sticker in utah w/ no problems :idiot: or I should say at least they did for us

I bought my quads private party ......and um it was years ago, around 1998? and then the raptor in probably late 03 or 04.......how do I get a nev ohv sticker for them? show a dealer the titles? and ask em.

I bought my quads private party ......and um it was years ago, around 1998? and then the raptor in probably late 03 or 04.......how do I get a nev ohv sticker for them? show a dealer the titles? and ask em.

I just went down to the dealership I bought quads (2005) and motorcycle (2001) from and they looked them up and gave me 3 stickers. I would think that without proof you paid taxes on the quads, you'll have a hard time getting the stickers.

I just went down to the dealership I bought quads (2005) and motorcycle (2001) from and they looked them up and gave me 3 stickers. I would think that without proof you paid taxes on the quads, you'll have a hard time getting the stickers.

they are supposed to give stickers to anyone that wants them, they are free and you dont need proof of ownership etc. what about all the used bikes out there that you buy from a private party without any paperwork etc?? anyone done this yet?

they are supposed to give stickers to anyone that wants them, they are free and you dont need proof of ownership etc. what about all the used bikes out there that you buy from a private party without any paperwork etc?? anyone done this yet?

If that's the case, then what's the point of the sticker in the first place? hmm :shocked: I'm lost on this subject. :driver:

A bill of sale from the private party or a receipt of some sort to show that you paid the taxes. If you read the bill you'd see it in section 3. I know the legal "e's" aren't the easiest to read.

If that's the case, then what's the point of the sticker in the first place? hmm :shocked: I'm lost on this subject. :driver:

It's all about the taxes my man. From what I heard some OHV dealer in Northern Nevada started this bill in attempt to keep business from going out of state.

A bill of sale from the private party or a receipt of some sort to show that you paid the taxes. If you read the bill you'd see it in section 3. I know the legal "e's" aren't the easiest to read.

It's all about the taxes my man. From what I heard some OHV dealer in Northern Nevada started this bill in attempt to keep business from going out of state.

If you don't have to pay anything to get one, how are they getting any tax money from you then? :laughoff:

Or is it just a way to collect/ regulate the tax dollars on the new bke sales?