Verizon press event 1/11/11 at 11am

racegirl04

i have been out of contract for a year and a half with my ATT iphone 3g waiting on verizons iphone. ill get it within the first month

Ive been out of contract for a year also. Ill be first in line locally if they release it on Verizon.

Monkie. I have had both Iphone for about 3 years and now Droid for about 7 Months.

I can tell you the Iphone has many options the Droid does not. Vise Versa.

When I was with Att. everything was an extra charge as on the Droid you have a few extras included such as Navigation which works awesome on droid. Iphone was an extra $10.00 per month. Never tried it.

Now Iphone Has Talk to Text but did not last I used mine.

I can say the droid is an awesome phone also but if you want a better resolution phone with a clear screen the Iphone is much better. For the Itune and movies The Iphone works much better as you can actually rent movies or buy them and keep in your itunes file forever.

The battery life in my droid is great but the Iphone it drains pretty fast. Also you can not just replace a battery in the Iphone it is a Task but doable. Now Maria Droid Incredible you can not leave without a charger. Car or plug in.

Just depend what you like. I can actually say my droid is much better than my Ipnoe but I had the original one when it came out. There are now 3 newer versions which I can not speak of.

]beercheers.gif

• Like 1

You guys need to try an android phone, a step above the Iphne I came from...I wish I had Verizon for the droid phones they offer.

If your really into your gadgets then the droid phones are like the MAC computer to PC's..

aren't you really really tied to Google with that phone? like email and calendar? also can it sync with itunes? not saying there bad, as I am too looking to jump have iphone now and really like it but am interested in looking at others, maybe HTC incredible?

I do everything on Mac's. Personal and business. So all contacts, Calandar, etc is tied to automatic syncing and backup (multiple computers, Iphone, ipad, etc). I know you can do all of that on google and droid but for me....I would have to change everything. Plus my personal music on all the devices with Itunes are all tied together. The integration is really seamless within the Mac products. (I drank the Steve Jobs "Kool Aid" many years ago).

Im sure the droid is excellent. I just dont want to change my whole workflow as it currently works flawlessly. I just want off of ATT and onto Verizon.

But my friends that have the Droid like it a lot.

Edited by 80grit

aren't you really really tied to Google with that phone? like email and calendar? also can it sync with itunes? not saying there bad, as I am too looking to jump have iphone now and really like it but am interested in looking at others, maybe HTC incredible?

I have the HTC Incredible its a nice phone. Well I got it for the Wife. Nice resolution closest one from verizon comparable to the Iphone. For the Itunes I have not been able to link to my Droid. So if you have spent a lot of Dough$$$ wait till it hits Verizon and stay with the Iphone. You will have to start all over if not.

For the Google yet it work great with google but you can use a different browser if you want.

One thing I forgot to mention with the Droid you can Tether to a laptop. This is priceless. All you have to do is connect your phones internet directly to your laptop at no extra charge if you have the unlimited data plan. $30.00 per month. Does not allow everything as far as active X programs but you can surf the net and see what you need. headbang1.gif

Guess it's official!! Iphone available for Verizon as early as February!! I read a little bit about it this morning and although I love my iphone but hate AT&T I think I'm gonna wait it out for a little bit to see what the feedback is from others. Read that the 3g coverage with the iphone on Verizon will not be the same as the droid and not nearly as fast either. I've been an apple fan for almost a decade now because their software is so stable and usually the products are state of the art. However, I have always been very upset with the coverage on the AT&T service but stuck with it regardless. Very exciting news today because although it's a new product to Verizon, I think they are a solid provider and will prove to be better than AT&T. :2cents: