Coral Pink Labor Day trip report

dunefreak

Racenjasen and I just got back this afternoon. I had an awesome time. It was dune therapy that was much needed. We got some really good riding in the whole weekend, did some partying of course at night, and I got to grill up some good a$$ grub on my lil charcoal grill. I didn't bring anything this trip other than my Raptor, charcoal grill, and a cooler. I made the mistake of not bringing the damn sticks for my tent :banghead: so I just roughed it even more and slept in the back of my truck. It wasn't the Taj Mahal, but it worked. :D This weekend I think I ate better than almost any dune weekend in a while. Rasenjasen, Steveo, and myself grilled up some marinated chicken breats, brats, peppers and onions, green beens, grilled corn on the cob, and then some. :ninja: It was awesome. :rockon:

It was cool to hang out with you, chris1223. I think I was the only one who remembered the numbers (1223) after "chris" in his screen name. :laughing: Chris. hopefully we didn't (or shall I say Pauly) scare you off with all the sh*t talk this weekend. :laughoff: It's all friendly love. :thumb::D Gotta have some thick skin camping with most of us. We like to give each other alot of sh*t at times. :laughing::laughing: Looking forward to some more good times in the dunes with you and your wife. :slap: It was fun hanging out.

Luckily nobody got hurt, although I managed to flip my Raptor a few times and went flying through the air for quite some time. :shocked2: :laughing: I got crossed up in a whoop section while on a left turn bend in the trail and clipped a mound of sand with my front left tire. I got thrown immediatly over the bars and the bike followed. I was in 3rd or 4th gear going pretty fast when it happened so it was pretty scarey. All I could think of is oh sh*t, I hope the Raptor doesn't fall on me. LUCKILY it didn't. I got my bell rung pretty good and barely bruised my shin (even through my boots), but I came out unscathed. :rockon: The Raptor only had a bent tie rod sleeve and a few flat tires by the time I got back to camp. I got sand in the beads, so they kept going low all weekend which sucked, but i still was able to keep riding. Cdavego and I "repaired" the tie rod sleeve with a shovel handle. :D

Lvnalolife blew his trans (again :blury::slap: ) going up there just outside of the gorge. :idiot: Luckily he was able to still get his toyhauler up there with his father in law's truck though. :thumb: I was going to tow it back for him, but 9digit was able to bring it back for him. Hope you get that trans problem handled once and for all, JJ. :undecided:

In all it was a sweet a$$ weekend. We got back in 3.5 hrs :driver: and we even stopped at EatzaPizza in St George for a half an hour. :beercheers::laughing: I'm glad I decided to go up there at the last minute. It was a fun weekend. :rockon:

a few pics...

S2010034_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010041_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010008_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010014_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010030_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010042_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010052_(Medium)~0.JPG

some cows in the middle of the trail we almost ran into!!! :shocked2: :laughoff:

S2010018_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010029_(Medium)~0.JPG

lil Charlie...

S2010045_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010022_(Medium)~0.JPG

S2010026_(Medium)~0.JPG

I'll start "This Weekends Observations" :beercheers:

1. "generator, generator, ge, ge ge, generator, generator, generator, generator" :idiot:

2. Pauly Paul likes the mountain side late at night :laughing::undecided: :shocked2:

3. Brake Cleaner, :shocked2:

4. Beware of cows in the dunes at Coral Pink

5. Grilled corn on the Cob rocks :ninja:

6. Utah peeps are the kings of Sobe Bombs

7. You CAN get to Coral Pink in only 3 hrs :laughing:

8. SinCityBlondie can't get comfortable sleeping in a Suburban :laughoff::slap:

9. DLLAD

10. Paul has pills that makes him say hella alot

11. Wingnut spends $1200 to get ready for the dunes :laughing:

12. Nobody can remember Chris1223's DDR name, so they just called him chris123456 or chris 1,0..00,1,0

13. Pauly thinks chris1223's bike sucks :banghead::slap:

14. Little Charlie charges 10 cents a pound for air :laughing::laughing:

Observations on the weekend, :slap:

a. gen gen generator! :laughing:

b. Dogs lob piss!! :shocked2:

c. Elevation is a MO FO when it comes to my bike having any nuts :laughing:

d. million dollar showers :driver:

e. Pauly's brain came stock with a dune GPS system. :laughoff::rockon:

f. Lvnalolife's little air compressor deserves a gold medal and his father in law should mass-produce his

buggy jack it kicks a$$!

g. I changed allot of tires this weekend but it was totally worth it!! Thanks Dave! :idiot:

h. those Utah boys got the sobe bombs down to a science they can really blow some sh*t up!! :banghead:

i. theres cows and mountain lions in them there dunes :ninja:

j. It doesn’t matter if Dune Freak's truck has quads stacked in it or towing the taj he is rolling 95 mph all the way home b*tch COME ON!!! MOVE YOUR a$$!!! :rockon::laughoff:

k. Very important rule of thumb to always remember is after refueling your bike you need to go ahead and actually screw the gas cap onto the gas tank prior to exiting camp for your night ride and if you fail to do so you will begin to feel a splashing of liquid followed shortly by a warm almost burning of the the flesh sensation around your waist area and about that time you will immediately feel like a complete dumb a$$ and try to remember exactly how many beverages you have consumed that evening then you will turn around and locate said gas cap ( thanks for the help dunefreak) and upon finding said gas cap you will reapply said gas cap after removing as much sand as possible by beating it upon dunefreaks raptor and pin it to win it to catch up with the rest of the group and continue the nights festivities. BRAAAP!!! :blury::thumb:

i. EatzaPizza in St George is the sh*t!! :undecided:

m. Welcome to manhood Charlie!! :laughing:

n. SteveO is going to jail one of these days for knocking out a cop right after he gives him a ticket for transporting a bike with expired stickers! :rockon:

o. no trash was burnt this trip :slap:

p.Dunefreak's raptor takes the cake for the best energizer bunny impersonation, It just kept going and going s:mc_smiley: :beercheers:

q. 97 Dodge half tone 4 wheel drive with 10 inches of lift running thirty threes, Cattle bumper on the front triple post chrome roll bar complete with KC's in the bed. dual exhuast hugging the license plate, multiple USMC stickers on the back window only thing it was missing was a gun rack. see dunefreak for actual photos not a joke. f*ckin REDNECK!! :thumb::laughing::laughing: :shocked2:

Thats all I have for know thanks to everyone for a killer weekend I cant wait for Oct!!

post-798-1157421248.jpg

post-798-1157421333.jpg

post-798-1157421374.jpg

The coral trip was beast. got alot of good riding in.good to meet some of the people i hadnt yet.12345 good to have you around thanks 4 the cptn.leasons learned 4 me?

1. tents are great 4 sleeping in at night but day sucks.

2.dont try wheeling across a dune if you cant do it on the flat ground.

3. u sleep much better with alot of drinks in you. :beercheers:

4.we suck when it comes 2 sobe bombs.

5. everyone in ddr is anxious to lend a helping hand 2 someone :ninja:

had a great time this weekend...got there about 5:00ish on thur and there was only 3 or 4 other camps it was great...had a couple of hours of rain on fri afternoon, rest of weekend was great weather... i even gat to ride this time..thanks to everyone for making my birthday weekend a blast:headbang1:thanks for the yummy cake and card :slap: not sure if anyone notice but i did not get hurt either :slap:

here are a few pics....all will be in gallery..thanks again for a good time :ninja:

i think we may have found the DDR midget with the water...check the last pic :beercheers:

post-672-1157429900.jpg

post-672-1157429926.jpg

post-672-1157430019.jpg

post-672-1157430077.jpg

post-672-1157430209.jpg

post-672-1157430262.jpg

post-672-1157430311.jpg

post-672-1157430381.jpg

post-672-1157430434.jpg

post-672-1157430490.jpg

What a great weekend!! Weather was awesome. Riding Rocked!! here are a few of my observations!!

1. Duning without a toyhauler with a bathroom sucks in the middle of the night and ya gotta pee!

2. I seem to ride better after a few drinks!! :banghead::ninja: (or maybe thats just my opinion) lol

3. When planning on sleeping in my Burb, clean it out before heading out. (cant get comfy when to much stuff is in it, even as short as I am)

4. Pete, Dave, Pauly & Jasen are fast MOFOS when they ride! :slap:

5. Sliding sideways down a dune sucks, even worse when you get off the bike and have dirt up to the shins.

6. DDR ROCKS

7. Jackie can drink ALOT, and not get hurt!!! :laughing: (good thing, cause i forgot the bubble wrap)

8. I dont make alot of sense with no sleep. :laughing::idiot:

9. Wingnut is REALLY cranky and talks even more sh*t than usual when he is sick.

10. Pauly shouldnt ride doubles at nite time when he's had to much to drink. :laughoff:

11. Jasen talks ALOT of sh$t and obviously lives a colorful sex life and likes to share that info after some drinks!! oh yeah, and he likes lotion. :undecided: :shocked2: :shocked2:

12. DDR ROCKS!!! :slap:

13. Accidents on the 15 SUCK when your on your way to Coral!!

14. Should always close your tailgate before pulling out when you have a quad in the back of your truck.

Even without the hauler, it was an awesome weekend. Cant wait to do it again, with a bathroom next time :laughing::laughing::laughing:

IS IT OCTOBER YET!!! :beercheers:

Edited by Sincity_blondie

My observations!

1. My tranny hates me! Will it ever get fixed right????? BTS here I come!

2. DDR is always ready to help a fellow member or anyone for that matter out! :ninja:

3. Pauly can jump anything!

3. Lil Charlie might be sterile now! Took a good crash and had a nerf bar to the nuts! Liitle trooper took it and still wouldn't get off the quad to get a ride back to camp. :slap:

4. Staying up for 40 hrs straight isn't so bad!?!? :slap:

5. Night search & rescue is fun in my buggy. I need better lights!

6. Pete makes a mean bratwurst! :beercheers:

7. Steveo really wants my toy hauler!

8. Always top off you trailer gas tank if you plan to leave the generator on all day so the kids can watch movies. :undecided:

9. I LOVE CORAL PINK! :idiot:

All in all still had a good trip. Thanks to all the guys that helped me out. You know who you are. I appreciate it a lot. DDR is not only a bunch of people that hang out at the dunes it is FAMILY! Thanks DDR!

more observations....

-I think we found the DDR midget! :thumb::idiot::undecided:

-kris makes some disturbing noises in the crapper :laughing:

-Toyota Camry's can tow quads

-sleeping in full gear and a jacket to stay warm sucks a$$

-cdavego likes to play bumper quads

-Pastrana rides rock, but not at night :driver::slap: (it only takes 4 minutes to go through the dunes, to camp, and back to the other end of the dunes for "supplies")

-my Raptor is virtually indestructible :banghead:

-you CAN have a good weekend even without a toyhauler :slap:

-watermelon jello shots are da shizzle...thanks dunesmurf! :grin:

-cdavego didn't think my "presidential suite" was that sweet :laughing: :shocked2:

-if a random dog comes into camp and lobs his picc on everything you own, the owner will not claim him

-racenjasen wrecked a toilet at the ranger station and came out to find 8 people waiting to use the crapper :laughing:

-fellow dune neighbors named special Ed have license plates that make no sense (ED JIM)- hence the name "special" Ed :ninja: .... :shocked2: cool dude though!

-Peirced Boy's 250 can't climb steep hills at night :rockon:

-wingnut 's awning is wounded

-when steveo goes to the dunes, I think is is on a mission to kill himself :laughoff::rockon::thumb::blury::beercheers:

-sincityblondie finally learned how to say goodbye when she leaves but still gets yelled at! :rockon::laughing::laughing:

-camping with DDR is ALWAYS the same- FUN as HELL :laughoff:

OK here are mine...

* Paul is a dune dart (no matter where you are out in the dunes at night Paul can go back to camp get the bottle of jack and come straight back with in 5 minutes)

* there are mountain lions out at coral

* brake cleaner can be used as a sanitizer

* JJ should sell me his toy hauler so that i will stop asking him to

* sleeping in a Ford sucks

* Cane beds road is the sh*t

* Sunday night paul ate dinner 3 times

* Jason carrys TP with him through the dunes (JUST INCASE)

* Me-Jason-Pete-and Jim spent $29 to take a shower (a$$ PUMPED)

* Mini and Jordan are both forever in the push up postion.

* Child,

* the children at our camp out numbers us this trip

* 14 year old drunks are funny to watch but they stink.

Thanks to Dave and Craig for the use of their toy hauler materials (it sucks not have a toy hauler out at the dunes)

And a early thanks to JJ for selling me his toy hauler :ninja::beercheers:

more observations....

-I think we found the DDR midget! :thumb::idiot::undecided:

-kris makes some disturbing noises in the crapper :laughing:

-Toyota Camry's can tow quads

-sleeping in full gear and a jacket to stay warm sucks a$$

-cdavego likes to play bumper quads

-Pastrana rides rock, but not at night :thumb::slap: (it only takes 4 minutes to go through the dunes, to camp, and back to the other end of the dunes for "supplies")

-my Raptor is virtually indestructible :laughoff:

-you CAN have a good weekend even without a toyhauler :slap:

-watermelon jello shots are da shizzle...thanks dunesmurf! :grin:

-cdavego didn't think my "presidential suite" was that sweet :laughing: :shocked2:

-if a random dog comes into camp and lobs his picc on everything you own, the owner will not claim him

-racenjasen wrecked a toilet at the ranger station and came out to find 8 people waiting to use the crapper :laughing:

-fellow dune neighbors named special Ed have license plates that make no sense (ED JIM)- hence the name "special" Ed :ninja: .... :shocked2: cool dude though!

-Peirced Boy's 250 can't climb steep hills at night :rockon:

-wingnut 's awning is wounded

-when steveo goes to the dunes, I think is is on a mission to kill himself :rockon::rockon::blury::grin::beercheers:

-sincityblondie finally learned how to say goodbye when she leaves but still gets yelled at! :driver::laughing::laughing:

-camping with DDR is ALWAYS the same- FUN as HELL :laughoff:

yeah huh? geesh!! :banghead: what da hell?

its all good, DDR Rocks!!! Im over it!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

:slap: It's all love. :beercheers::laughing: We knew you were leaving but HAD to give you sh*t like we had no idea you were gonna go. "COME ON!!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LEAVING, DUMBASS????!!!!" :slap::idiot::undecided:

Its all good, ive come to expect sh$t from you crazy effers!! long lost brothers of mine!! :shocked2: :shocked2: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

some observations of the observations even though i missed all the fun. you dont need a stinkin yoy hauler to pee. man its great to be a guy! your not riding better drunk, just a hell of alot slower, right pauly? buy a chevy jj, that will fix your tranny problems. charlie is a fly weight. he just bounced on his balls. staying up 40 hours straight partying used to be the sh*t. now it sucks. im old. pierced boy needs a banshee. i didnt need the mental picture of the 4 butt pirates in the shower. young drunks are funny as hell till they puke all over the place. damn! im ready for a dune trip. im there halloween come hell or high water! :D

some observations of the observations even though i missed all the fun. you dont need a stinkin yoy hauler to pee. man its great to be a guy! your not riding better drunk, just a hell of alot slower, right pauly? buy a chevy jj, that will fix your tranny problems. charlie is a fly weight. he just bounced on his balls. staying up 40 hours straight partying used to be the sh*t. now it sucks. im old. pierced boy needs a banshee. i didnt need the mental picture of the 4 butt pirates in the shower. young drunks are funny as hell till they puke all over the place. damn! im ready for a dune trip. im there halloween come hell or high water! :D

Nobody was painting a picture but you, Dave. We weren't showering together, gross. :redhat: :watching: The showers are separate there.