Sunoco race fuel

ynot

I have the contact numbers for the Sunoco fuel Truck at the speedway. They are there till noon tomorrow. I drove out there today and the 110 is $8.25 per gallon and the 112 is $8.60 plus a $25.00 barrel core charge unless you bring a barrel with you. They will be back in Henderson in December and will be contacting me when they are here if anyone is interested. If you want fuel this weekend send me a PM and I will give you their number to hook up with them.

Terry

Race fuel? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? In that "' Slug" you drive? ? ? ?

J.K. Terry, I think...............................

:hug:

Jealously is such an evil thing Pat! You should learn to control yourself at your age. :director:

Hey Terry.. Let me know next time they are in town or if I can get some from you... I need about 10 gal for Tday.... I have barrels if needed also..

Let me know how many barrels are needed and I can bring them home..

Capt

David you can probably hook up with them before they leave if you want their numbe rit's 619 247-1798 or 1797 Bill or Terry

Just courious why you would pay 8.60 for 112 when you ran get Rocketfuel at rebel for 6.97 per gal?

Because i used Rocket fuel in my car 2 years ago and it ate all the rubber hose inside my braided lines. That was about $700.00 in new braided fuel lines so I will pay the $8.25 for Sunoco 110 and my car runs better on Sunoco than any other fuel including VP, Rocket, FNL. It's worth it for me. There are only 2 companies that actually produce race fuel and then there are the companies that "mix" it. Sunoco produces and mixes their own and it works better for me. Also the small business guy who comes to town to support racers get's my business over the large corp these days from me.

Because i used Rocket fuel in my car 2 years ago and it ate all the rubber hose inside my braided lines. That was about $700.00 in new braided fuel lines so I will pay the $8.25 for Sunoco 110 and my car runs better on Sunoco than any other fuel including VP, Rocket, FNL. It's worth it for me. There are only 2 companies that actually produce race fuel and then there are the companies that "mix" it. Sunoco produces and mixes their own and it works better for me. Also the small business guy who comes to town to support racers get's my business over the large corp these days from me.

What exactly does that mean? ( it ate all the rubber hose inside my braided lines) did the rubber come apart and plug up your injectors, did the lines swell up internally and collapse causing a restriction, I have used it for 3 seasons now and have never had problems, I know joe duner used it and a few others for years and have had no problems that I am aware of! Arent the braided lines a cosmetic covering for a fuel line, What type of braided fuel lines did your car have at the time? I can apreciate the small buisness guy thing, however I am not independenty wealthy I work HARD for a living. I have to use what I can afford TIMES ARE TOUGH!

What exactly does that mean? ( it ate all the rubber hose inside my braided lines) did the rubber come apart and plug up your injectors, did the lines swell up internally and collapse causing a restriction, I have used it for 3 seasons now and have never had problems, I know joe duner used it and a few others for years and have had no problems that I am aware of! Arent the braided lines a cosmetic covering for a fuel line, What type of braided fuel lines did your car have at the time? I can apreciate the small buisness guy thing, however I am not independenty wealthy I work HARD for a living. I have to use what I can afford TIMES ARE TOUGH!

I could see fuel leaking out of the braided line. even covered the braided line with clear plastic and could see fuel gathering in different locations. I don't think it actually broke the rubber lines into pieces it just ate it enough that the fuel was leaking through. I am far from rich but it was the fuel line issue that turned me off of the rocket fuel. Luckily my buddy hooked me up with teflon lined braided hoses for free and I came out of it ok but without him I would have had a bunch of headaches. I know times are tough, I don't get a paycheck anymore so i am feeling it but I also know my car and the Sunoco just makes it crisper and actually the car runs a little cooler and I don't worry about fuel lines leaking. I hope everybody does not have any problems with rocket but I am unwilling to take the chance i am sure you understand that.

Terry is it possible your fuel lines were just old? Maybe it would have happened sooner or later regardless of what fuel you ran. Just curious. I'm kinda skeptical as well if fuel could eat up rubber like that. The only time I have heard of something like that is alcohol (E85) doing damage to fuel systems.

My car ran great on Sunoco as well and I hate to switch, but damn that is pricey. :undecided:

Could have been pete but it seemed as soon as I replaced one fuel line the next one would go so it made it look like the fuel was corriosive. In talking to the Sunoco guys they told me that they had heard of other cases that similar things had happened. I'm just not willing to take a chance on it. I figure the car likes Sunoco and in the scheme of things it's better to be safe than sorry. I knew race fuel was expensive compared to regular gas when I bought the car. It's the price to play I guess.

Sunoco Standard? If so, I finally found a fuel that is cheaper in Ca. :beerpint:

what is it and how much? There are no Sunoco dealers in LV so you have to pay what the truck wants when it's here. The only race fuel available here is FNL @ $8.00 per gallon per 55 drum. or Rocket fuel which I haven't had much luck with.

• 2 weeks later...

Holly... sh*t I thought the premuim that the Outlaw needs was expensive. I knew guys had toys running on race fuel but that is EXPENSIVE.

How much power are these cars actually running and what engines? Why not build it differently or use a more powerfull base engine so you don't have to run race fuel? Not to mention if you HAVE to run race fuel the engine must be built up and eventually less reliable then a more base engine.

Not trying to be negative or anything, just curious.

Holly... sh*t I thought the premuim that the Outlaw needs was expensive. I knew guys had toys running on race fuel but that is EXPENSIVE.

How much power are these cars actually running and what engines? Why not build it differently or use a more powerfull base engine so you don't have to run race fuel? Not to mention if you HAVE to run race fuel the engine must be built up and eventually less reliable then a more base engine.

Not trying to be negative or anything, just curious.

Anytime you are running boost, whether it be a turbo or S/C, you are going to usually need to run a race gas.

I am running a turboed 3.5 Honda on 10lbs of boost. I could turn it down and run 91 octane, but don't be ridiculous. :laughing:

Anytime you are running boost, whether it be a turbo or S/C, you are going to usually need to run a race gas.

I am running a turboed 3.5 Honda on 10lbs of boost. I could turn it down and run 91 octane, but don't be ridiculous. :laughing:

plus engines that make alot of power with boost on 91 arent cheap!!!!

The price to play as some would say.

i guess it's an engine weight thing to. I had almost 400hp at the wheels on my 4.6l Stage 3 Roush and it ran 91 at about 5lbs boost. I totally get the power thing, and I bet the boost is AWESOME with a light car in the sand. It just seems a little crazy to have to pay for race gas. Again, I'm NOT hating I just don't know much about the engine choices and options for the sandcars. I guess there are a bunch of others that are running pump gas in their cars thought to.