DunerDan Posted February 7, 2012 Posted February 7, 2012 I'm so bummed we couldn't make it.... and I finally got my ATC built! oh well family first I am so stoked for my daughter to be here soon! Looks like it was a lot of fun and also like I have some competition in the "ugliest" department lol. can't wait for some videos! and Brian said he was beat after all those laps haha Quote
peewee the pinstriper Posted February 7, 2012 Posted February 7, 2012 Thanks again to Pete & Anna and the DDR crew for another great event! John and I had a blast tearing it up, I've got about 6hrs between 2 helmet cams (we were labeled "media dudes" lol!) so I will have to weed through that.. We missed the raffle as we were out licking our wounds after I got tangled up with Poule and my son John kinda missed his left foot peg and the rear tire ate him for lunch .. Not to mention chasing racers throughout the whole racing segment can take a toll on the this old man .. <-- wimp! Lol! We missed quite a few peeps to come and introduce ourselves but that's a good excuse to make that 10hr drive next year! Thanks again to all involved and who made it happen! Quote
dunefreak Posted February 7, 2012 Author Posted February 7, 2012 ok guys here ya go! Many thanks to Tori for taking all of these awesome photos. We still have Neal Rideout's to come too. And something that hasn't been mentioned until now is that Neal was there getting event coverage for Sand Sports Magazine! So you expect to see his shots and writeup in an upcoming Sand Sports issue soon. Quote
Chadwick Posted February 7, 2012 Posted February 7, 2012 Looks like another successfull Regatta! Good job to all those who worked hard to make it happen! Quote
FE135 Posted February 7, 2012 Posted February 7, 2012 Tori did a great job! I knew someone would get me risking it all in that bucket just for a picture!! 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted February 8, 2012 Author Posted February 8, 2012 I did some minor cropping and tweaking on a few of Tori's pics. These pics are awesome! Quote
madracing Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 i had a great time the first one i had been to Quote
FE135 Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 Your tweeking knocked it out of the park,, Fantastic. 1 Quote
wsky70 Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 What another great event, it's only getting bigger and better, doing a good job Pete. Had a blast the entire time out....well, maybe not Thursday, but it was great being back out. That was our 1st trip this season. Sure had missed it. Looking forward to some more off weekend trips and of course cleanup. Have some pics to get resized still and uploaded. Good job again....SF Woody 1 Quote
Jakster884 Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 Well I had a blast. Rolled in Thursday night at 12:30PM. Good thing I bought two new 6V batteries. My 2 12V were done. Generator would not start so I has to get to wrenching and . What a long night well worth it though. I had an awesome weekend with the whole crew whom attended. great peeps and on hell of an event. . I want to chime in on the 10 Laps I thought it was a great workout and not bad considering my fat but was not Hauling a$$. I have one suggestion for the 5th Regatta for the unlimited class to only have suspension bikes with unlimited motors. If you put suspension bike with modified bikes this is not a fair race considering 95% of the 70 have no suspension. I am aware the youngster took first without suspension and props to him one bad a$$ racer. Congrats to the Utah Family which rocked the Regatta. Back to the Dunes I stayed till Monday Morning and never took one dune run the whole weekend. I did make a run to the South pole with my little girl which was awesome her first Quad run to the pole. She enjoyed it. Wont be the last that for sure. My other little lady was sick all weekend with 103F temps and a urine infection. Damn daddy would not take her home made her suffer at the Dunes. LOL I enjoyed camping with everyone as a group and wish I could have chatted with more peeps but time goes fast when you are having fun. I took about 1000pics and will post them up this weekend. I will be back out to Dumont soon but not on presidents weekend it will be probably last week of February or 1st week of March. All I can say is this is one event I look forward to all year long and it is well organized by the Dunefreak he is as well as his Lady Anna one hell of a couple there. 1 Quote
Jakster884 Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 A few more action shots. oop's made it Caught right on. Look at the Media Guys Oh Snap! Hoping to see the go pro video of this soon 1 Quote
ATC70 oA Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 Thanks to everyone involded in setting up this years ATC70 Regatta, i know is was alot of work! This was my first ATC regatta and first trip to Dumont (Glamis guy) but i already can not wait for the next!! What a blast! I have to admit i have been sore as shoot this week, but it was worth every second! We brought out 2 bikes this year, but hope to have 5+ by next year to play! Good times with Great people, thanks again! Cheers. -Eric (guy with the white tank, no plastics and paddles) 1 Quote
utptfox Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 Awesome awesome event! Thanks to everyone who put on such a great time! Everyone was awesome and there was such a variety of creative ATC70's. This was my first trip out to the regatta and there will be many more to come. I think next year there should be a trophy for best crash of the weekend, I think I would have had a pretty good shot at it. I will get a compilation of GoPro videos on YouTube sometime this weekend and I will post them in the thread, including the big crash! Thanks again for a great time!! 1 Quote
FE135 Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 Here are some of mine. The rest are HERE SLIDESHOW Quote
dunefreak Posted February 9, 2012 Author Posted February 9, 2012 Excellent coverage and shots, Neal. Thank you again! I love them all. 1 Quote
stugots Posted February 10, 2012 Posted February 10, 2012 Great Shots!!! Man knows how to work that camera!! 1 Quote
dunefreak Posted February 10, 2012 Author Posted February 10, 2012 Awesome. Thanks for sharing. It brings me right back to the good times! Quote
Jakster884 Posted February 10, 2012 Posted February 10, 2012 Awesome Video. I see you liked the pics. I live in Old Town Pasadena myself. I see you are also in the same area. Quote
andydew Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 It's been a long week at work, but that video reminds me of some good times . Awesome footage; that crash was sick...hope you're ok. Also, I rewatched the fuhrer in the suggested videos at the end...frickin awesome Quote
dunefreak Posted February 11, 2012 Author Posted February 11, 2012 Crazy Dave had so much fun at the regatta he never made it in from the campfire. 1 Quote
FE135 Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 I uploaded some of the group photos into the free download section of my site. Select the photos like you were buying them and go through the process. No money or credit card info needed. Enjoy! Go ahead and flood Facebook with them Click on Peewee for the link. Quote
dune_rat Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 thanks for the pix Neal, i found several to download Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.