help with paddle setup for 2012 XP please

desertrider71

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I think the the GPS sand tire wheel kit is the best bang for the buck. The package weighs in at a shocking 25.5 lbs total weight tire & wheel and is 27" tall tire and 13" wide allowing the best tire flotation and weight for the price in the industry. I have them on my Maverick and wouldn't use anything else now. I tried a couple different 14" packages out there and they didn't preform as well and I could fill the weight difference. They worked so much better than anything else we have ever tired so we started selling them through our shops. The wheels they are mounted on are a 12x10 rear and a 12x8 front. So all you guys with machines that allow you to run a 12" wheel on this is the package for you the 27"x13 is a perfect size and weight is horsepower.

Take it for what you will, but I just went through the same dilemma. Because of finances and the fact I already had a set of doonz fronts and rears mounted on 12x10 rears and 12x8 fronts, I kept them for a 12 XP. I ran them all weekend and am very happy I didn't spend the money for the STU's I thought I wanted, Keep in mind I'm just a dooner, I don't go the hill to see who I can beat, I just ride the dunes with family and friends. For the money its hard to beat the doonz package. I bet you can find a set on CL cheap too!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the GM that was at DWT was involved in the tire designs, He left and is one of the owners of GPS offroad products in Las Vegas if you look at their sand tire it looks like the doonz but in a 27". Extremely light weight and perfect for the dooner that is out to just have fun. They also are the Manufacture of the Sand stripper a long with the V roll from what I hear. We have been selling their sand tire kits for the same reason they are priced right and work very well.

Yes the GM that was at DWT was involved in the tire designs, He left and is one of the owners of GPS offroad products in Las Vegas if you look at their sand tire it looks like the doonz but in a 27". Extremely light weight and perfect for the dooner that is out to just have fun. They also are the Manufacture of the Sand stripper a long with the V roll from what I hear. We have been selling their sand tire kits for the same reason they are priced right and work very well.

Not to argue but more to express an opinion, I would not go with Doonz or similar, unless you never intend to be more aggressive. IMO

I agree but for those that are in stock units and are on a budget this tire/wheel kit is the way to go. I was told they are coming out with a much more aggressive one and in a 14". They confirmed that they are the ones that make the DWT tires, STI sand tires and GMZ tires.

Yes we have some GMZ Sand Strippers in stock. They take a 14" wheel. We n have the play cut rears right now but we have the wheels and front on back order. We are hoping to get them in next week. We will also be carrying the Sand stripper HP. Those are very aggressive and have great hook up. We can also get the GPS sand tires. They are made from the Doonz mould but are a thicker ply and come in 27"x12. Let us know if we can help you with any of these options. For those of you who have to have Skat Traks We have the 30"x14" 8 and 9 paddle set ups front and rear. They are spendy though. Call Mike or Adam at 702 657 5991

Guys just to be clear the GPS sand tire does not come from the same mold as the doonz but yes it is the same style in a 27"x12 version. The GMZ is the same style as the STU and the STI is like the Doonz but in a 27x14". The owner of GPS in Las Vegas is the manufacture of all but the STU tire. I stopped by there location being we sell their products and talked with one of the guys there and he showed me around. They have several different tire lines but don't sell any of the tires that they private label. He said all there tires and those they private label are made overseas and then shipped directly to the buyer. They also have a ton of wheels there more than I was aware they sold. He showed me a new wheel that they will be releasing in Jan. that is sick and will be available in many sizes he said even a 15". and will have a duel sport sand tire and five other tires in the 15" for the SxS market. It was Very interesting talking with them and hearing what all they are involved in and with they seemed to know the industry very well and most of everyone in it. They actually had some photos out that we're of Dave from Fullerton sand sports and them testing some new shock and three razors in there shop that he claimed has 300 HP at the wheels. He said the razors were at the Sema show on display. If your in Vegas worth the stop just meeting them real nice people.